H.F.S!!!Growing up so late, but finally growing up.

Page 1 of 1 [ 3 posts ] 

muslimmetalhead
Veteran
Veteran

10 Jan 2013, 5:10 pm

I had been complaining about being too childish for my age (which I know I will always be somewhat) when I was 15.

Its been nearly a year. Gonna be an adult between this summer and next.

I mean maturity-wise, rather than legal age.
I'm not gonna argue with anyone about the age of adulthood or about emotional delays of Asperger's, because this post is not about that.

It's about how I've been complaining and worrying about my issues,and all I had to do was wait for time to pass and everything would suddenly come into perspective.
Not saying I'm a perfect human being, just saying it's much easier, being on a level playing field with the others, youth past childhood.At least I am not lacking intuition anymore.

What are your thoughts on this, like the problems of childhood will go away, you just gotta grow up a little, wait some time?

Is it fair to those children who develop good habits but can't really succeed because of the emotional realities of childhood, is it unfair, or is that just the way it is.

Curiotical
Veteran
Veteran

10 Jan 2013, 10:27 pm

muslimmetalhead wrote:
I had been complaining about being too childish for my age (which I know I will always be somewhat) when I was 15.

Its been nearly a year. Gonna be an adult between this summer and next.

I mean maturity-wise, rather than legal age.
I'm not gonna argue with anyone about the age of adulthood or about emotional delays of Asperger's, because this post is not about that.

It's about how I've been complaining and worrying about my issues,and all I had to do was wait for time to pass and everything would suddenly come into perspective.
Not saying I'm a perfect human being, just saying it's much easier, being on a level playing field with the others, youth past childhood.At least I am not lacking intuition anymore.

What are your thoughts on this, like the problems of childhood will go away, you just gotta grow up a little, wait some time?

Is it fair to those children who develop good habits but can't really succeed because of the emotional realities of childhood, is it unfair, or is that just the way it is.

I'm glad things are finally working out for you. :) I think it naturally takes time, and your experiences can influence it too, but it also takes a little practice.

In what way do you consider yourself more mature? You complained about many things related to this issue, so what's changed for you?

BTW, thank you so much for referring to the "immaturity" problems as your own, not mine or anyone else's. I'm sorry I was so harsh on you last time, but that's really all I ever wanted from you. Thanks. :)

dobyfm
Toucan
Toucan

16 Nov 2015, 9:01 pm

Life experience will eventually help you mature in a way. However, remember some people just have a childish vibe to them and there is nothing wrong with that. After all there is such thing as being a kid at heart.

As the person wrote above, in what way do you feel you have matured?