Page 1 of 17 [ 269 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 17  Next

AspieOtaku
Veteran
Veteran

12 Jan 2013, 8:04 am

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=obrUcxsCemM[/youtube]I found this video rather interesting, the male gorilla was planning to kill the baby so he can get some from the mother but she didnt want that to happen and the rest of the troop put him in his place including the mother! You go Girl gorilla!

No matter where I go I will always be a Gaijin even at home. Like Anime? https://kissanime.to/AnimeList

MCalavera
Veteran
Veteran

12 Jan 2013, 8:09 am

Wow, interesting indeed. So similar to what often goes on between humans.

Misslizard
Veteran
Veteran

12 Jan 2013, 1:18 pm

Male cats will sometimes eat the kittens,once I found what was left of some kittens,little paws 8O 8O Not a happy childhood memory.Male squirrels will do the same thing,they know as long as the female is nursing she is not into sex so of they off the young so she will come back into heat.Poor babies :cry:

AspieOtaku
Veteran
Veteran

13 Jan 2013, 1:08 am

The difference between humans and gorillas however is that some women are still in the mood for sex so the male doesnt have to kill the baby to get sex. But even if it was the case i still think its wrong for the male to kill a baby just so he can get some sex!

No matter where I go I will always be a Gaijin even at home. Like Anime? https://kissanime.to/AnimeList

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

13 Jan 2013, 1:17 am

Misslizard wrote:
Male cats will sometimes eat the kittens,once I found what was left of some kittens,little paws 8O 8O Not a happy childhood memory.Male squirrels will do the same thing,they know as long as the female is nursing she is not into sex so of they off the young so she will come back into heat.Poor babies :cry:

I know that's especially if the kittens are fathered by a different Tom cat; possibly feeling the genetic imperative to keep his own bloodline alive in the pride.

-Bill, otherwise known as Kraichgauer

Jono
Veteran
Veteran

13 Jan 2013, 12:02 pm

The silverback was probably new to that group. He was trying to become the dominant male, in which case he would try to kill the babies.

Ann2011
Veteran
Veteran

13 Jan 2013, 12:18 pm

In the audio a man says "Those females aren't going to let him get away with it." And a woman tells her child "He needs a time out."
I found their reactions as interesting as the behaviour of the gorillas.

techstepgenr8tion
Veteran
Veteran

13 Jan 2013, 12:42 pm

New from Da Lench Mob! Feminists In The Mist! :lol:

Shizz
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

13 Jan 2013, 4:55 pm

AspieOtaku wrote:
The difference between humans and gorillas however is that some women are still in the mood for sex so the male doesnt have to kill the baby to get sex. But even if it was the case i still think its wrong for the male to kill a baby just so he can get some sex!

the difference is that human females would cower down to the alpha male and sell each other out to get more from him.

This was an awesome video! Thanks for sharing. It shows how there is power in numbers when we band together.

CSBurks
Veteran
Veteran

13 Jan 2013, 6:23 pm

Male Gorillas will sometimes kill infants if they believe it was fathered by another gorilla. This can happen when a new silverback alpha takes charge.

This has been known to occur with chimps as well.

ooOoOoOAnaOoOoOoo
Veteran
Veteran

13 Jan 2013, 6:26 pm

Wow I am surprised the Zookeeps do not interfere. They usually do when offspring are threatened in the zoos.

ArrantPariah
Veteran
Veteran

14 Jan 2013, 11:37 am

Jono wrote:
The silverback was probably new to that group. He was trying to become the dominant male, in which case he would try to kill the babies.

I didn't know that this ever happened, given that nature shows invariably present gorillas as such kind, docile creatures. But, you're right.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article ... ather.html

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

14 Jan 2013, 11:52 am

ArrantPariah wrote:
Jono wrote:

I didn't know that this ever happened, given that nature shows invariably present gorillas as such kind, docile creatures. But, you're right.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article ... ather.html

Even with docile animals, there's a hierarchy, and a desire of the alpha male to keep his genetic line supreme.

-Bill, otherwise known as Kraichgauer

AspieOtaku
Veteran
Veteran

14 Jan 2013, 8:08 pm

Big boss is no longer in charge and now moping in the corner because he got put in his place!! Big mama is in charge and she wont let you hurt her baby!!

ArrantPariah
Veteran
Veteran

14 Jan 2013, 9:18 pm

This would tend to reveal the danger inherent in seeking romance with a woman who has children.

The desire to kill the other man's spawn resides in our genes.

And, if there is any conflict at all between you and her child, then she will invariably be on her child's side.

techstepgenr8tion
Veteran
Veteran

14 Jan 2013, 9:40 pm

ArrantPariah wrote:
This would tend to reveal the danger inherent in seeking romance with a woman who has children.

The desire to kill the other man's spawn resides in our genes.

And, if there is any conflict at all between you and her child, then she will invariably be on her child's side.
Couldn't it go the other way though? I mean if you see an attractive mom and then see a bunch of screaming unruly kids who act half their age and show no sign of discipline it reflects back up to her as less attractive for dropping the ball and if she drops the ball there where else?

Testosterone/estrogen might have some impacts on our pass-times, how we shop, tv/movie choices, or our general demeanor while operating a motor vehicle but we seem to have a pretty good safeguard - or at least most of us - against some of the more basal animal behaviors and those who don't generally find such mistakes prohibitively expensive either to their freedom or to their finances.