All I tried to do was help and I get sh*t on.

Page 1 of 2 [ 32 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

BlueMax
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 27 Aug 2007
Age: 48
Gender: Male
Posts: 5,285

12 Jan 2013, 11:53 am

All I've tried to do around here is be friendly and helpful... but a few really, really rotten people seem to absolutely hate it, calling me the nastiest names in the book. You'd think I attacked people and deserved this kind of reaction, but I haven't. It's like some people only respect men who show aggression and power - someone who doesn't gets no respect from them and is s**t on.

I don't deserve your s**t. I haven't done anything wrong. Twisting my words around to try and convince anyone who will listen that I'm some sort of as*hole makes YOU the as*hole, not me.

Fine. f**k it. If you're not going to be respectful to me why the HELL should I be respectful to you? The number of times I've started a message and closed the window instead of posting it would surprise you... all because I wanted to try and remain a decent, respectful human being and keep things civilized even when being insulted for no damn reason whatsoever. Inevitably, another insult comes out of the blue anyway - like they just wait for any opportunity to do it. f**k you.

I treat the women in my life with love, honesty, decency and respect but a few nasty, rotten people purposely label and spread that I'm some sort of woman-hater. f**k you. I'm not.

You wanted to s**t on me until I got pissed off so you can point and laugh? Well go ahead and point then. Laugh. And f**k off.

You'd like to convince people that makes me a bad person? You're wrong. You're the bad person for sh*****g on me in the first place, AND for trying to turn WP in hatred towards me. That's twisted, sick, manipulative s**t that would make any abusive NT proud. f**k you.

99% of the folks here have been awesome, but 1% of rotten, horrible people sh*****g all over me is removing my will to live.



Radiofixr
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 30 May 2010
Age: 57
Gender: Male
Posts: 1,495
Location: PA

12 Jan 2013, 12:15 pm

I have had the same things happen to me-I try to be nice and do things for people and support and help when needed and get hurt by others and the people that hurt me criticize and put down others and are exalted like some kind of hero happens at my workplace all the time-I will never understand that at all. I get treated like public enemy number one and continue to get punished by people for saying something that wasn't terrible and in fact was supposed to be good and get hurt back and punished-this has happened all throughout my life. Who did I piss off in this universe to be treated like a pariah-and have also been lied about to others and accused of things that I couldn't even come up with in my wildest dreams.


_________________
No Pain.-No Pain!! !!


Last edited by Radiofixr on 12 Jan 2013, 12:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.

aspiemike
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 8 Jul 2012
Gender: Male
Posts: 2,266
Location: Canada

12 Jan 2013, 12:20 pm

This is pretty much how I feel in real life... both at work and in social circles. It seems because I dated one decent person that I now have to become hated for how things ended. I dealt with my feelings for that situation, and I guarantee you that I will get s**t on for doing it. I did what was fair and in everyone's best interest. I watched people in the social settings we both engaged in treat me like I don't exist as a result. I am beginning to wonder if the girl I dated had anything to do with it.
Work is different. One person says "he seems messed up" and I get people that were once friendly with me treat me as if I was the evil person there.



Curiotical
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 20 Jul 2012
Age: 37
Gender: Female
Posts: 577
Location: California

12 Jan 2013, 12:24 pm

I feel the similarly to the way you do on this site.

I don't know about your exact situation, but I do know you're not the only one who takes issue with some of the people on this site.

I don't post much anymore, but I am flamed for my beliefs almost every time I log in. People are posting offensive B.S, and because of the way in which they do it, practically anyone who tries to defend themselves is flamed even more, and runs the risk of getting themselves into trouble.

There are some really devious trolls here too who post seemingly innocent threads which actually contain insinuating, and potentially meltdown-inducing content. The worst part is that most legitimate users don't even realise it.

I've spoken to you a few times and have read over many of your posts, and while I'm unaware of your exact situation, I know that you're definitely not a hater, not of women or anything else. If you think you're being cyber-bullied, contact a moderator about it, and don't give those who flame you the satisfaction.


_________________
Jane


aspiemike
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 8 Jul 2012
Gender: Male
Posts: 2,266
Location: Canada

12 Jan 2013, 12:28 pm

Curiotical wrote:
There are some really devious trolls here too who post seemingly innocent threads which actually contain insinuating, and potentially meltdown-inducing content. The worst part is that most legitimate users don't even realise it.



I am not so sure if it's people that don't realize it. I am certain if there are people like me on there, I choose to ignore certain things. Why give others the chance to get the better of you when you know they will do it again and again?



Curiotical
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 20 Jul 2012
Age: 37
Gender: Female
Posts: 577
Location: California

12 Jan 2013, 12:38 pm

aspiemike wrote:
Curiotical wrote:
There are some really devious trolls here too who post seemingly innocent threads which actually contain insinuating (CORRECTION: insulting), and potentially meltdown-inducing content. The worst part is that most legitimate users don't even realise it.



I am not so sure if it's people that don't realize it. I am certain if there are people like me on there, I choose to ignore certain things. Why give others the chance to get the better of you when you know they will do it again and again?


Many users here really do not realise it. They don't just ignore it, they waste their time by making sincere and legitimate replies, and I've been attacked for politely and not-so-politely telling them to f**k off.


_________________
Jane


deltafunction
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 4 Jun 2012
Age: 31
Gender: Female
Posts: 1,094
Location: Lost

12 Jan 2013, 1:06 pm

Yeah I don't understand it either.

Oh well. If it helps, I think that you're a very nice person.

I don't know what else to say because it seems to happen to me a lot too :/ I'm afraid that if I say anything then I will get flamed, so instead I get off WP and release my anger elsewhere.



Lucywlf
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

User avatar

Joined: 22 Jun 2011
Gender: Female
Posts: 450

12 Jan 2013, 2:49 pm

You feel the same way I do. I almost feel like I have the mark of Cain on this site.

I've had the same crap happen in the real world too. It used to really mess ue up until I realized that I know who I am on the inside.

I made up my mind not to care what people say or don't say. I would like to add words of comfort and encouragement, but if people aren't gong to take them that way, it really isn't my fault. People who are mature enough to overlook my awkwardness and care enough to get to know me will find I make a very good friend.



Curiotical
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 20 Jul 2012
Age: 37
Gender: Female
Posts: 577
Location: California

12 Jan 2013, 3:35 pm

Wrong Planet's purpose as a friendly and productive Autism community is fading away. How can we help to prevent this?


_________________
Jane


Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 6 May 2008
Age: 65
Gender: Male
Posts: 56,556
Location: Stendec

12 Jan 2013, 3:44 pm

Curiotical wrote:
Wrong Planet's purpose as a friendly and productive Autism community is fading away. How can we help to prevent this?

We can't. It's a rising tide of multiple issues that seems to have started right about the same time that WP and Autism Speaks became associated with each other.


_________________
 
• Veritas Illuminata • Semper Illuminans •


Curiotical
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 20 Jul 2012
Age: 37
Gender: Female
Posts: 577
Location: California

12 Jan 2013, 4:05 pm

Fnord wrote:
Curiotical wrote:
Wrong Planet's purpose as a friendly and productive Autism community is fading away. How can we help to prevent this?

We can't. It's a rising tide of multiple issues that seems to have started right about the same time that WP and Autism Speaks became associated with each other.


True. One of the issues is that too many curebies seem to have made WP their home. I know that this site was never supposed to have an official pro-cure/anti-cure stance, but the current imbalance of power makes for a very unhealthy environment.

When exactly did Alex accept funding from Autism Speaks?


_________________
Jane


Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 6 May 2008
Age: 65
Gender: Male
Posts: 56,556
Location: Stendec

12 Jan 2013, 4:14 pm

Curiotical wrote:
Fnord wrote:
Curiotical wrote:
Wrong Planet's purpose as a friendly and productive Autism community is fading away. How can we help to prevent this?
We can't. It's a rising tide of multiple issues that seems to have started right about the same time that WP and Autism Speaks became associated with each other.
True. One of the issues is that too many curebies seem to have made WP their home.

Another seems to be the pernicious growth in the curebie idea that Aspies and Auties are unteachable.

Curiotical wrote:
When exactly did Alex accept funding from Autism Speaks?

About a year ago, I think. It may be stated somewhere in one of the front page articles.


_________________
 
• Veritas Illuminata • Semper Illuminans •


Kezzstar
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 23 Feb 2007
Age: 33
Gender: Female
Posts: 1,353
Location: Australia

12 Jan 2013, 5:59 pm

I think when you get a group of people together, you're always going to have people who you don't see eye-to-eye with.

Seeing that most of us are on the spectrum and have varying degrees of empathy, social skills and ability to "read between the lines", it probably means there will be a few more misunderstandings and arguments. And it's not just curebies, I originally left this site because someone believed because I'm more extroverted that I couldn't have Aspergers. Just because I want to be a socialite doesn't mean I always succeed! :?


_________________
"It isn't wrong, but we just don't do it."
Gordon, "Thomas the Tank Engine and Friends: Whistles and Sneezes"
http://www.normalautistic.blogspot.com.au - please read and leave a comment!


Ann2011
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 15 Jul 2011
Age: 52
Gender: Female
Posts: 3,843
Location: Ontario, Canada

12 Jan 2013, 6:00 pm

BlueMax . . . for what it's worth I've always found your posts to be reasonable and thought out. And I've never felt that you were disrespectful to women.



Curiotical
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 20 Jul 2012
Age: 37
Gender: Female
Posts: 577
Location: California

12 Jan 2013, 6:24 pm

Kezzstar wrote:
I think when you get a group of people together, you're always going to have people who you don't see eye-to-eye with.

Seeing that most of us are on the spectrum and have varying degrees of empathy, social skills and ability to "read between the lines", it probably means there will be a few more misunderstandings and arguments. And it's not just curebies, I originally left this site because someone believed because I'm more extroverted that I couldn't have Aspergers. Just because I want to be a socialite doesn't mean I always succeed! :?


I know it's not just the curebies, there are other social problems here too, but an imbalance of power in a neutral community generally filled with people from one group or the other, is very, VERY unhealthy.

Ann2011 wrote:
BlueMax . . . for what it's worth I've always found your posts to be reasonable and thought out. And I've never felt that you were disrespectful to women.


Absolutely. I don't agree with everything BlueMax has posted, but I can tell that he is a genuinely nice person who's intentions are always honourable. He is one of the worryingly decreasing number of truly nice people here and does not deserve to be flamed.


_________________
Jane


Stargazer43
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 6 Nov 2011
Age: 36
Gender: Male
Posts: 2,604

12 Jan 2013, 6:57 pm

I'm sorry to hear about that BlueMax, I've always found you to be one of the nicer and more helpful members on this forum. But unfortunately, on the interwebs many people are willing to be far ruder and meaner than they would be in person, due to the degree of anonymity. I personally don't think it's right that you should have to deal with that kind of behavior on a forum that is largely meant to be a support forum, but you can't change people's actions. If what they said was enough of a personal attack you might want to report them to a moderator.