Page 1 of 1 [ 9 posts ] 

knowbody15
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

12 Jan 2013, 3:41 pm

I love this guy. He's hilarious....love his style of comedy. I was watching this interview with Howard Stern, it's 60 minutes long, 15 minutes in, I think this guy could be an aspie who has learned to exist as a comedian in the entertainment business. His voice, slurring...everyone thinks he's high or drunk, when it's all deliberate. All of the sudden, he'll say something smart or thoughtful through his lazy speech. You can tell he's sharp, and smart, and even through his demeanor, he's on it. Even his comedy is so literal at times, you have to think about it. And also in his comedy, he sees things different, or he's able to see things in ways that most people couldn't.

He talks about being in therapy, Artie mentions he's a bit of a rekloose, he's sensitive, when he talks about his relationship to Adam Sandler.....

I think I relate to anyone who comes off as dumb or stoned or whatever, but is actually really smart and sharp....

Here's the entire interview on youtube, even in the first 15 minutes though, makes me wonder if he's an aspie in any way. Enjoy

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ioRXawByJ7Q

Stoek
Veteran
Veteran

12 Jan 2013, 3:49 pm

Nah man he;s very typical of small town anglo canadians. A kind of folk that don`t really exist anymore.

deltafunction
Veteran
Veteran

12 Jan 2013, 4:01 pm

^^^ lol

Come to Canada and you will see more

knowbody15
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

12 Jan 2013, 4:34 pm

I watched the whole interview, which btw, reminds me of my aspie father who has an article or book that he will happily show you to illustrate any of his particular points.....but anyway, there's so many moments in the interview where his perception or what he says, at least indicates that he's super smart. I was even trying to see if he blinks when Howard talks to him. He stares at Howard....which I always thought could be an aspie thing, if you talk to me, I'll stare at you, then take deliberate breaks in eye contact.....I dunno, I'm armchair analyzing this guy lol

But maybe Norm's thing is just a Canadian thing :)

cathylynn
Veteran
Veteran

12 Jan 2013, 5:12 pm

i don't know about the aspie thing, but norm is defifintely brilliant. he was on classic "millionaire" and won the whole million for his charity.

Cornflake
Administrator
Administrator

12 Jan 2013, 6:23 pm

[Moved from General Autism Discussion to Random Discussion]

Sparx
Veteran
Veteran

14 Jan 2013, 10:00 pm

I guess I'm Canadian then.

Mahl244
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

23 Sep 2021, 9:47 pm

Definitely.
Listen to his interview with Marc Maron.
- tons of anxiety
- Alexithymia
- laughing fits that lead to panic attacks
- not getting the point of using innuendos
- too sensitive for roasts, didn’t want to roast Bob Saget

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

24 Sep 2021, 9:49 am

knowbody15 wrote:
Is Norm MacDonald an Aspie?
You may be confusing Norm MacDonald with  Connor McGrath 

No love for Hamas, Hezbollah, Iranian Leadership, Islamic Jihad, other Islamic terrorist groups, OR their supporters and sympathizers.