What do you think will the cause of your death be?

Page 2 of 3 [ 33 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Pondering
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 24 Oct 2010
Age: 175
Gender: Male
Posts: 1,902

13 Jan 2013, 12:54 am

Heart Attack
Asthma
Cancer
Stroke
Legal Assisted Suicide due to Dementia/Alzheimers


_________________
Don't you mind people grinnin' in your face


One-Winged-Angel
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 21 Sep 2006
Age: 27
Gender: Male
Posts: 11,304
Location: Under your bed, in your closet, in your head

13 Jan 2013, 12:57 am

I'm too sexy for my life.


_________________
You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist.


cozysweater
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 5 Aug 2011
Age: 43
Gender: Female
Posts: 576

13 Jan 2013, 1:09 am

Pneumonia. I smoked for years so I'll probably have COPD towards the end (my Dad does) so I'll probably die of complications of that. Or possibly some kind of cancer, although I'm betting on the pneumonia. I plugged my stats into a "life expectancy" calculator recently that said, based on my current lifestyle, I have a 25% chance of living past 96.68. 75% chance of living past 78.45. Although that's "current lifestyle" as opposed to all the damage I've done to my body since ever.



auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 12 Feb 2010
Gender: Male
Posts: 90,202
Location: the island of defective toy santas

13 Jan 2013, 1:16 am

good bye charlie Image



IdahoRose
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 24 Feb 2007
Age: 29
Gender: Female
Posts: 20,886
Location: The Gem State

13 Jan 2013, 1:50 am

1. Health complications due to the medications I take - As an example, I'm already at risk for developing a benign pituitary tumor caused by prolonged use of Risperidone, and in fact have reason to suspect that I may already have one. Also, due to the way of the world being what it is, I doubt I will have access to all of my medications in far future, and since I am dependent on them, I may die from withdrawals (seriously, I've been on Xanax since I was 14 and I've heard that the withdrawals are worse than those for heroin.)

2. Suicide - I don't feel that way at this point in my life, but I have a history of suicidal tendencies so I know that I will in the future because all of my family members except my brother will die before me, chronologically speaking.

3. Car accident - It's not that I don't trust my family members to get me to where I need to go; it's the other drivers and the weather that I don't trust.



auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 12 Feb 2010
Gender: Male
Posts: 90,202
Location: the island of defective toy santas

13 Jan 2013, 2:00 am

perhaps what i should fear, is the kind of death that i havent thought of yet. Image



IdahoRose
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 24 Feb 2007
Age: 29
Gender: Female
Posts: 20,886
Location: The Gem State

13 Jan 2013, 2:04 am

auntblabby wrote:
perhaps what i should fear, is the kind of death that i havent thought of yet. Image

Hmmm I think that's probably something we should all fear, auntblabby. :chin:



auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 12 Feb 2010
Gender: Male
Posts: 90,202
Location: the island of defective toy santas

13 Jan 2013, 3:00 am

ok then, maybe we all could benefit from not thinking about ANY kind of death, thereby giving equal existential chances to whatever form of death there might be without emphasizing the chances of any that we might really fear. :idea: i hope that made sense. :?



OMGitsKenny
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 21 May 2011
Age: 31
Gender: Male
Posts: 1,076
Location: Westminster, SC

13 Jan 2013, 3:12 am

auntblabby wrote:
OMGitsKenny wrote:
Death by a toilet seat.

you mean like elvis who died [of terminal constipation] on a toilet seat? or the toilet seat attacking you and killing you?


I'm talking something like Dead Like Me: a toilet seat from space coming down and wiping me out.


_________________
Okay people, bring me a spatula, some tanks, and an anenome! Sh*t's gettin' real tonight!
SKYPE meh!: thegreengiddly


auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 12 Feb 2010
Gender: Male
Posts: 90,202
Location: the island of defective toy santas

13 Jan 2013, 4:34 am

that reminds me of the death by booga-booga joke.



Dillogic
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 24 Nov 2011
Age: 37
Gender: Male
Posts: 7,810

13 Jan 2013, 6:06 am

Homemade explosives



blue_bean
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 13 Apr 2006
Gender: Female
Posts: 10,876
Location: Behind the wheel

13 Jan 2013, 6:16 am

Murder
Cancer of the breast or reproductive organs



b9
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 14 Aug 2008
Age: 47
Gender: Male
Posts: 12,437
Location: australia

13 Jan 2013, 7:21 am

meteor storm.
explosive decompression.
short circuit.



Descartes
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 8 Apr 2008
Age: 28
Gender: Male
Posts: 6,154
Location: Arlington, Texas

13 Jan 2013, 10:21 am

God, this thread is morbid, but anyway... :lol:

The most likely ways I'll die are probably:

I. Suicide
a. I have a history of depressive/suicidal thought, and unfortunately I can totally picture myself committing suicide at some point in my life. I hope my life never takes that turn, but if it does, I can already see it happening.
- It really is depressing how so many other people here have also mentioned suicide.

II. Malnutrition
a. I am very lean due to a high metabolism. My weight currently fluctuates around 100 pounds.

III. Getting Hit By A Car
a. I seem to have a penchant for walking out in front of approaching vehicles. :roll: I really should start wearing glasses again.


_________________
What fresh hell is this?


Last edited by Descartes on 13 Jan 2013, 11:06 am, edited 1 time in total.

EnglishJess
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 18 Dec 2011
Gender: Female
Posts: 5,384
Location: Somewhere Else

13 Jan 2013, 10:46 am

Heart disease. Because I'm gettign stressed lots, it can;t be good for me.

Cancer. Because it seems inevitable. My gran had breast cancer and, although she didn't die and is still alive today, I heard it could be a genetic thing so I could get it.