Page 1 of 1 [ 7 posts ] 

VIDEODROME
Veteran
Veteran

13 Jan 2013, 8:31 pm

Never thought I would drop online gaming, but I'm just not really into the major XBox LIVE games. This is weird because I loved Star Wars: Battlefront 1 and 2 on the original XBox. Now on the 360, I'm just not getting into the newer games. I mean Transformers: Fall of Cybertron was fun for a while, but I thought the game play was getting stale so I traded it.

Some of how I feel comes from when I play Battlefield 3 online. It feels heavily team based and requires a coordinated effort. I prefer games that don't require that and lots of individual efforts on the team go farther. The old Star Wars: Battlefront games felt like any individuals working on their own could do a lot for the team, while in Battlefield 3 anyone running solo even in a tank may just get chewed up. Also, in Star Wars: Battlefront I liked the absence of a leveling system. Everyone had the same weapons so Veterans only dominated through skill and not with extra powerful weapons or gadgets or vehicles.

So I'm just pondering this while I think of turning off my account. As for single player I have enjoyed the hell out of Splinter Cell: Conviction and I may consider adding the extra DLC maps to it. I still have a lot of fun while playing the Deniable Ops maps. I'm sure I'll buy Splinter Cell: Blacklist when it comes out and I hope it offers something similar to Deniable Ops, though it may be something else more like Spies Vs. Mercs.

I have also beaten both Bioshocks and the Transformers: Fall of Cybertron campaign mode as well as Battlefield: Bad Company 2. It's interesting to consider that Bad Company 2 in single player was more fun for me than Battlefield online.

In the future if I ever get another Desktop PC I may try MMO gaming again, but for now I really can't afford a good gaming PC on my college student budget.

Zodai
Veteran
Veteran

15 Jan 2013, 5:14 pm

*Evil Laugh*

COME TO THE DARK...Er...COME TO THE PLAYSTATION SIDE!

We have cookies :D

Regardless, I've been Anti-Xbox ever since I heard you had to subscribe to Live for online play.

COME TO THE SONY SIDE!

Or at least the Nintendo one.

Just not the Xbox side.

Author/Writer

thomas81
Veteran
Veteran

15 Jan 2013, 6:26 pm

it gets worse, i thought you only had to pay the subscription fee per console, IT'S NOT, its per gamer account! So if me and my wife wanted XBL gold we'd have to pay £80 a year between us just to play online, screw that.

PSN works better for us cause i dont want my wife screwing up my stats. She has her own account and we can both play online for free!

My deviant art profile

DialAForAwesome
Veteran
Veteran

15 Jan 2013, 6:31 pm

Agreed with Zodai. Microsoft treats the Xbox systems like red-headed stepchildren, basically because they are. Compared to how their operating systems sell, the 360 sells like crap, if you can believe that. They have awful customer service, as well.

Xbox Live offers you nothing except a bunch of 10 year olds swearing at you when you subscribe for it. Most stuff STILL requires an upcharge after already paying for the service! Meanwhile PS Plus gives you (good) free games for as long as you're subscribed. It's way cheaper and overall better, IMO.

The one thing that XBL has that PSN doesn't is Guardian Heroes, frankly.

MakaylaTheAspie
Veteran
Veteran

Location: O'er the land of the so-called free and the home of the self-proclaimed brave. (Oregon)

16 Jan 2013, 12:54 pm

DialAForAwesome wrote:
Xbox Live offers you nothing except a bunch of 10 year olds swearing at you when you subscribe for it. Most stuff STILL requires an upcharge after already paying for the service! Meanwhile PS Plus gives you (good) free games for as long as you're subscribed. It's way cheaper and overall better, IMO.

Hell yeah. Getting Bioshock 2 for free is pretty nice. It doesn't really cost that much for a three month subscription, either.

Hell, even the free online is more than enough.

cammyyy
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

16 Jan 2013, 9:32 pm

If you're really into gaming you should get a gaming PC. They're especially amazing for games that you can mod, like Fallout, Skyrim, etc. Another thing is games that are PC only. My absolute FAV one right now is Civilization 5, absolutely amazing with mods! Get a mod with a massive Earth map and play on Marathon speed, it will take you days or even weeks to finish the game.

Question14
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

17 Jan 2013, 3:20 am

cammyyy wrote:
If you're really into gaming you should get a gaming PC. They're especially amazing for games that you can mod, like Fallout, Skyrim, etc. Another thing is games that are PC only. My absolute FAV one right now is Civilization 5, absolutely amazing with mods! Get a mod with a massive Earth map and play on Marathon speed, it will take you days or even weeks to finish the game.

Yeah, the PC is a better choice for serious gamers. Still, i prefer xbox for halo and cod