Page 1 of 1 [ 5 posts ] 

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

hyperlexian
Veteran
Veteran

14 Jan 2013, 8:54 am

what a turnaround! i assumed they started off as a bunch of libertarians or separatists or endtime prophesiers or something....

Dillogic
Veteran
Veteran

14 Jan 2013, 1:55 pm

Eh, I'm sure if there was a massive media blitz to call for the banning of bolt-action rifles after Whitman's little massacre, the NRA [and nearly all firearm owners] would dig their heels in all the same back then.

It was easy for them to turn an eye on the machine gun owners back then because there was only so few (law abiding owners). But if it was bolt and lever-action rifles? Not a chance.

People tend to protect the things they like, and the more that like something.... There's not that many truly freedom purveying people out there who aren't biased over the things they like (good old libertarians).

BlueMax
Veteran
Veteran

14 Jan 2013, 2:54 pm

I remember reading other reports about how the NRA sprung up from the KKK...

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

14 Jan 2013, 9:41 pm

they favored gun control when it suited their [aristocratic] purposes, such as banning sawed-off shotguns [GCA 1934] or the importation of cheaper foreign handguns [aka "saturday night specials", GCA 1968]. after all, we can't have poor white trash/blackfolk armed and defending themselves now, can we? [irony]