Page 10 of 12 [ 178 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12  Next

GGPViper
Veteran
Veteran

17 Mar 2013, 11:20 am

Solidus wrote:
Quote:
The best political or religious conspiracy theory you have come across?

That's a nonsensical question. I don't see how any conspiracy can be good by definition.

Ever heard about this?
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/20_July_plot

Solidus
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

17 Mar 2013, 11:23 am

Point taken.

naturalplastic
Veteran
Veteran

18 Mar 2013, 5:06 pm

Solidus wrote:
Quote:
The best political or religious conspiracy theory you have come accross?

That's a nonsensical question. I don't see how any conspiracy can be good by definition.

Shouldn't the question be whether the theory is true or not?

The term 'conspiracy theory' is propaganda anyhow, and the question ascribes entertainment value to despicable and criminal actions in a way that is insensitive to its victims.

Really- we shouldnt laugh at the suffering of all those victims of the global conspiracy of shapeshifting reptoid aliens from Arcturus!

Misslizard
Veteran
Veteran

18 Mar 2013, 5:48 pm

^^^^Ssssshh.We have been letting you breed unchecked and fattening you puny humans.We will thin the herd soon.....We are just biding our time till you get the planet heated up to our optimal temperature.You are doing a good job,its going faster than we thought.

EliteEnigma57
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

18 Mar 2013, 8:03 pm

The stupidest conspiracy theory that I've ever heard is the Time Cube. It's very hard for any sane and logical person to follow, but basically, this one nutjob believes that the earth is suspended inside a "Time Cube", where the four corners represent midnight, noon, sunup, and sundown, and between these there are four 24-hour days, represented by the four side faces. He also says that the laws of physics are wrong, and dislikes any form of religion, most modern education, and any other teachings that contradict his theory. His website gives only vague and hard-to-follow details, and he mostly just wastes space attacking what he calls "evil education". Look him up, but beware: his site is also notorious for its long, rambling explanation, which is written in bold, centered, 30pt font.

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

18 Mar 2013, 8:12 pm

Do you know if anyone buys into this nonsense? And if anyone does, how many?

-Bill, otherwise known as Kraichgauer

techstepgenr8tion
Veteran
Veteran

18 Mar 2013, 8:16 pm

EliteEnigma57 wrote:
The stupidest conspiracy theory that I've ever heard is the Time Cube. It's very hard for any sane and logical person to follow, but basically, this one nutjob believes that the earth is suspended inside a "Time Cube", where the four corners represent midnight, noon, sunup, and sundown, and between these there are four 24-hour days, represented by the four side faces. He also says that the laws of physics are wrong, and dislikes any form of religion, most modern education, and any other teachings that contradict his theory. His website gives only vague and hard-to-follow details, and he mostly just wastes space attacking what he calls "evil education". Look him up, but beware: his site is also notorious for its long, rambling explanation, which is written in bold, centered, 30pt font.

Sounds like Geocentrism dressed up with Thelema for teen angst appeal.

Something much easier on the eyes and dosed with a fair amount of wit and humility for those who were willing to undergo brain-damage on our behalf:
http://rationalwiki.org/wiki/Time_Cube

AspieOtaku
Veteran
Veteran

18 Mar 2013, 10:40 pm

A conspiracy theory that Autism isnt real and only made up by pharmaceudcal companies to make a quick buck. I hear this one alot!

No matter where I go I will always be a Gaijin even at home. Like Anime? https://kissanime.to/AnimeList

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

19 Mar 2013, 1:09 am

I'd like to ask those idiots why my daughter and I - and both of us are autistic - aren't medicated.

Misslizard
Veteran
Veteran

19 Mar 2013, 1:32 am

The Denver airport conspiracy is another fun one.
Though this is suppose to be true,the giant black stallion sculpture with glowing red eyes supposedly fell on the artist and killed him 8O

ruveyn
Veteran
Veteran

19 Mar 2013, 4:11 am

EliteEnigma57 wrote:

People who subscribe to this ought to get along fine with people who believe the earth is hollow and that we live on the inside.

ruveyn

AspieOtaku
Veteran
Veteran

19 Mar 2013, 4:26 am

Kraichgauer wrote:
I'd like to ask those idiots why my daughter and I - and both of us are autistic - aren't medicated.

I had a run in with one of those types of idiots they cannot be reasoned with, the moment I pointed out on his strawman statements and how trollish he sounded like let alone loony he resorted to feeble attempts at cyber bullying and trolling he made himself look like a fool before realizing it. Those kinds of people are usually dillusional short tempered and narrow minded. A prime example is the one I mentioned on general autism discussion. It was hilarious how ignorant the guy was sadly there many others like him out there.

No matter where I go I will always be a Gaijin even at home. Like Anime? https://kissanime.to/AnimeList

Aspiewordsmith
Veteran
Veteran

01 Mar 2015, 9:49 am

What about the war in Afghanistan was a war over heroin and the last three UK governments have been involved in major heroin smuggling and the link to al qaeda was a smokescreen to distract the population to the real reason why the war was fought and that was to control the drugs supply. Anther is the austerity cuts that the latest government on those with low incomes is really a euphemism for a human cull part of Agenda 21. Alex Jones has done a programme on it and he also predicted it back in 2006. Whether they are believed or not is beside the point. I think that a lot of conspiracy theories are throught up by people who are either disempowered or disenfranchised. If you have a political system which does not reflect what policies you agree with or the party that you vote for in either a council or general election then that is disenfranchisement. The last time I voted I voted for the Libdems never again they went into a coalition with the conservatives under David Cameron. New Labour is just as bad and UKIP are just isolationists which is led by a former banker. If the prospective candidates on my ballot paper in this years general election are from these four parties then I in this case would be disenfranchised. In this case it would be easier to believe in some ludicrous theory and also advertising doesn't work on me. :|

Nebogipfel
Veteran
Veteran

01 Mar 2015, 2:10 pm

The reason Kennedy politicians keep dying prematurely is because someone wants to prevent them from opening inquiries into JFK.

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

01 Mar 2015, 3:19 pm

Nebogipfel wrote:
The reason Kennedy politicians keep dying prematurely is because someone wants to prevent them from opening inquiries into JFK.

Interestingly, the only Kennedy with a long life and career had been little brother Teddy, who in fact publicly stated that he agreed with the Warren Commission's findings. Perhaps he knew how best to stay alive and in office.

Nebogipfel
Veteran
Veteran

01 Mar 2015, 3:19 pm

New Coke was a conspiracy to promote Coke. It was never expected to take off.

One of the reasons the Cokacola brand is the powerhouse it is today is because they used to put cocaine in it.

Last edited by Nebogipfel on 01 Mar 2015, 3:34 pm, edited 2 times in total.