Page 3 of 3 [ 34 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3

Dantac
Veteran
Veteran

26 Jan 2013, 5:34 pm

ruveyn wrote:
Dantac wrote:

That would be .. superb. Can you imagine? Finding the timeline where everything..just EVERYTHING that has happened in your life so far has been perfect and benefited you greatly. Finding it and jumping to such a timeline...going from a sh***y life to an awesome one. Wow. Even if you as an individual did not experience all the wonderful things you still get jumped to a place where everything is a-ok.

Wouldn't that lead to contention between the "you" that traveled to the other time line and the "you" that already lived there?

ruveyn

Wouldn't my leaving my timeline to access the other actually split my own timeline into an alternate timeline that matched the 'perfect for me' timeline just for myself (no other me would exist)?. Essentially the world around me gets changed but not me. Kind of a 'copy paste' with the other 'me' edited out.

Time travel must like one of those hard disks CRC errors.. :twisted:

Hummingbird
Hummingbird

27 Jan 2013, 3:49 pm

envirozentinel wrote:
You mean if you could travel to the past you could alter history? Maybe stop a war or a major disaster like Titanic or Hindenburg even? One think is often interlinked with another, so it would alter history in a major way! People that didn't die after all, would have children and grandchildren... and so on.
To travel to the future could be exciting so we could see whether any major advances in the medical field have been made and whether people have increased their wisdom and compassion along with the technical knowledge...

I wouldn't do that, heard of the butterfly effect?

Dantac wrote:
ruveyn wrote:
Dantac wrote:

That would be .. superb. Can you imagine? Finding the timeline where everything..just EVERYTHING that has happened in your life so far has been perfect and benefited you greatly. Finding it and jumping to such a timeline...going from a sh***y life to an awesome one. Wow. Even if you as an individual did not experience all the wonderful things you still get jumped to a place where everything is a-ok.

Wouldn't that lead to contention between the "you" that traveled to the other time line and the "you" that already lived there?

ruveyn

Wouldn't my leaving my timeline to access the other actually split my own timeline into an alternate timeline that matched the 'perfect for me' timeline just for myself (no other me would exist)?. Essentially the world around me gets changed but not me. Kind of a 'copy paste' with the other 'me' edited out.

Time travel must like one of those hard disks CRC errors.. :twisted:

I love that analogy.
t