Page 1 of 1 [ 14 posts ] 

MentalBird
Butterfly
Butterfly

14 Jan 2013, 4:46 pm

Hi everyone!

I am so excited to be here. My name is Jonathan, I'm 24 years old. (cliché, isn't it). I recognize myself in so much of the things written about. I couldn't really allow myself to be enthusiastic about it, because I wasn't sure about whether or not I had it, but I have an official diagnosis as of this last Friday!

I hope to learn and share experiences, life, thoughts and interests on this forum.

A little about me: My main obsessions are politics, religion, spirituality, theology, (church) history and science in general. Then you have the anime, RPG's, adventure gaming, music, art. I also love (foreign) culture. I'm Dutch myself, but have family all over the globe (hence why I speak English as well as a near-native).

Don't know what more would be appropriate to say here, so I'll just leave it at that. :)

Jonathan

cathylynn
Veteran
Veteran

14 Jan 2013, 6:12 pm

yes, jonathan, your english is quite good. welcome to WP.

mistervero
Butterfly
Butterfly

14 Jan 2013, 6:46 pm

Welcome, I also just joined today. Congratulations on your diagnosis, I'm still working on mine ;) What are your favourite (show/genre) of anime? Right now I'm watching One Piece, but I've fallen for many many others through the years <3

AnonymousAnonymous
Veteran
Veteran

14 Jan 2013, 7:42 pm

Welcome to Wrong Planet!

Tim_Tex
Veteran
Veteran

14 Jan 2013, 11:29 pm

Welcome to WP!

Now proficient in ChatGPT!

Question14
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

15 Jan 2013, 3:25 am

MentalBird wrote:
Hi everyone!

I am so excited to be here. My name is Jonathan, I'm 24 years old. (cliché, isn't it). I recognize myself in so much of the things written about. I couldn't really allow myself to be enthusiastic about it, because I wasn't sure about whether or not I had it, but I have an official diagnosis as of this last Friday!

I hope to learn and share experiences, life, thoughts and interests on this forum.

A little about me: My main obsessions are politics, religion, spirituality, theology, (church) history and science in general. Then you have the anime, RPG's, adventure gaming, music, art. I also love (foreign) culture. I'm Dutch myself, but have family all over the globe (hence why I speak English as well as a near-native).

Don't know what more would be appropriate to say here, so I'll just leave it at that. :)

Jonathan

I think you will do well here.

MentalBird
Butterfly
Butterfly

15 Jan 2013, 4:37 am

Thanks for the warm welcomes!

Schwammerl
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

Location: Switzerland - Europe - Earth - Solar System - Milky Way - Virgo SC - Universe

15 Jan 2013, 6:20 am

Hi Jonathan, welcome. I'm new as well.

When you say religion/spirituality/theology among your obsessions, is there something in particular you are fascinated with? I'm interested in comparative religion and in folk religions in general.

Expat
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

15 Jan 2013, 3:45 pm

Welcome! I'm new too. Recently diagnosed.

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

15 Jan 2013, 4:14 pm

Welkome to WP

MickImage

MentalBird
Butterfly
Butterfly

15 Jan 2013, 8:48 pm

mistervero wrote:
Welcome, I also just joined today. Congratulations on your diagnosis, I'm still working on mine ;) What are your favourite (show/genre) of anime? Right now I'm watching One Piece, but I've fallen for many many others through the years <3

Good luck with your diagnosis. I hope you get it soon!

I started out with shows like shakugan no shana, bleach, and Blood+. Over the years there have been many great ones, but among my favorites are: Gode Geass, Vampire Knight, Shakugan no Shana, Blood+, C: The Money of Soul and Possibility Control and many many others. :)

What are yours?

Last edited by MentalBird on 15 Jan 2013, 8:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.

MentalBird
Butterfly
Butterfly

15 Jan 2013, 8:53 pm

Schwammerl wrote:
Hi Jonathan, welcome. I'm new as well.

When you say religion/spirituality/theology among your obsessions, is there something in particular you are fascinated with? I'm interested in comparative religion and in folk religions in general.

Hii! :D

Mainly Christian (moral) theology and world religions. I kinda go through cycles where I'll research the life out of a religion and then move on to the next, until I eventually come back to the religion I started out with and research that again. So, I guess basically world religions. Comparative religion is great! So interesting!

green0star
Veteran
Veteran

18 Aug 2017, 9:13 am

MentalBird wrote:
mistervero wrote:

Good luck with your diagnosis. I hope you get it soon!

I started out with shows like shakugan no shana, bleach, and Blood+. Over the years there have been many great ones, but among my favorites are: Gode Geass, Vampire Knight, Shakugan no Shana, Blood+, C: The Money of Soul and Possibility Control and many many others. :)

What are yours?

Shakugan no Shana is one of my favorites and is the anime that got me into anime after Yu-Gi-Oh. Its too bad that Viz won't finish the manga or the light novel though ):

https://www.change.org/p/viz-media-viz- ... ga/preview

Voxish
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

18 Aug 2017, 1:30 pm

Congratulations and welcome to the club!

BBC: Radio 4