Disgusting persecution against autistic people, read n weep

Page 1 of 1 [ 8 posts ] 

salad
Veteran
Veteran

14 Jan 2013, 8:04 pm

http://www.geocities.com/growingjoel/murder.html

Aspies honestly, including me, can never ever suffer even a fraction of the way autistic people, especially those who lack verbal communication, have. Atleast Aspies are vocal and can communicate their feelings. i can't believe teachers actually SIT on autistic students and kill them. What's worse? the murderers don't receive sentence. restraining autistic people, sitiing on them and suffocating them, even in front of other students, has been happening in schools in America, yet why is it so hard for these monsters to be given punishment? why is that so hard.

Tsproggy
Toucan
Toucan

14 Jan 2013, 8:32 pm

Wow, I didn't think any websites on geocities still where up as it no longer exists. You're probably reading an old article and the author doesn't give any webpage references. If we all searched the internet all day looking for disturbing and upsetting things we would all be grief ridden depressed souls.

There is nothing you can change about the past, these things happened, no point in discussing them unless you want to be upset.

Rascal77s
Veteran
Veteran

14 Jan 2013, 8:35 pm

salad wrote:

Aspies honestly, including me, can never ever suffer even a fraction of the way autistic people, especially those who lack verbal communication, have. Atleast Aspies are vocal and can communicate their feelings. i can't believe teachers actually SIT on autistic students and kill them. What's worse? the murderers don't receive sentence. restraining autistic people, sitiing on them and suffocating them, even in front of other students, has been happening in schools in America, yet why is it so hard for these monsters to be given punishment? why is that so hard.

You don't know the suffering of anyone else. I understand why you're pissed off but don't downplay other peoples' suffering. A non verbal person may grow up in a supportive and loving environment while a verbal person is locked in the attic for 13 years and gets cigarette burns in place of bed time stories.

salad
Veteran
Veteran

14 Jan 2013, 9:30 pm

Rascal77s wrote:
salad wrote:

You don't know the suffering of anyone else. I understand why you're pissed off but don't downplay other peoples' suffering. A non verbal person may grow up in a supportive and loving environment while a verbal person is locked in the attic for 13 years and gets cigarette burns in place of bed time stories.

but what would happen if said non verbal autistic person all of a sudden lost his family and had no one to take care of him?? that's where trouble occurs. after all these scandals where so called professionals abuse autistic people, i don't think the government is enough to look after autistic people properly. who knows what they do to people who can't talk without us even knowing. why do yuo think back then most autistic people were put into institutions before autism became an official diagnosis? imagine if there was no awareness how they would survive. if an aspie is abused he or she can at least verbally relate the incident of abuse, properly describe it to an individual, etc. autistic people need advocacy, and without it, who knows what teachers and adults would do to them. luckily most autistic people have parents and the law to back them up, but imagine what it was like for those years ago in those institutions?

salad
Veteran
Veteran

14 Jan 2013, 9:33 pm

Tsproggy wrote:
Wow, I didn't think any websites on geocities still where up as it no longer exists. You're probably reading an old article and the author doesn't give any webpage references. If we all searched the internet all day looking for disturbing and upsetting things we would all be grief ridden depressed souls.

There is nothing you can change about the past, these things happened, no point in discussing them unless you want to be upset.

1. Punishments should be stricter for such murders. read the section which talks about how similar murders for non autistic children had more severe punishments.

2. this is happening in schools where teachers aren't trained in restraint. these restraints done improperly not only humiliate but kill.

3. most autistic people are voiceless, so awareness has to be raised.

Tsproggy
Toucan
Toucan

14 Jan 2013, 10:17 pm

Believe it or not, there is worse stuff going on in the world and I don't think anyone in the government would care. Would you care if you never knew anything about autism? You can lie to yourself all you want but that answer would be no. I didn't give 2 s**ts about autism, aspergers, or any of this until I found out I had it. Even now, knowing that I do have Aspergers I don't agree with most of these things talked about on this forum.

I don't believe crimes against people like us will be treated any higher simply because a few of us are pissed off, I don't believe we're some weird part of evolutionary progress, I don't believe we're defective and need to be shut in a room for the rest of our lives, I refuse to acknowledge "self diagnosed" aspies as you could just as easily be depressed, low self esteem and have anxiety, and I won't listen to your woe is me BS as I believe it's narcisissm facading as depth and I see right through those specific people.

Most people will not understand us and can not, it's not their fault, they where just lucky enough not to grow up like us. This isn't a bad thing, they owe nothing to us nor us to them. They don't NEED to be shown how horrible our lives are etc. It will only upset us more, either we'll get attention for things like this and get pitty which i'm sure someone here would be all up in arms about. Or it won't get enough attention and someone like you will try and pull attention to it so you can sleep at night or something.

KatTheStrong
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

21 Jan 2013, 10:49 pm

This is deplorable, disgusting, and vile. I can't believe that....

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

22 Jan 2013, 1:51 am

KatTheStrong wrote:
This is deplorable, disgusting, and vile. I can't believe that....

I can't believe that this garbage is allowed to happen in today's schools. I'd like to see cops do that to them, so that they will know how it feels. Those people should be fired and thrown into jail. We're talking about the rights of autistic people.