How do you get your exercise or routine exercise, if any?

Page 5 of 5 [ 71 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Old_Les
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

14 Sep 2015, 6:23 am

Gyms are too far away for me. I live in a rural area of Thailand. Twice a week I do a severe bodyweight training routine, on another day I do HIIT on my bike. Years ago I used to go regularly to a gym but I find bodyweight training just as effective and most of it can be done anywhere.

Outrider
Veteran
Veteran

02 Oct 2015, 8:45 pm

The typical bodybuilding 5 days of strength training a week with two rest days, plus a few minutes of daily HIIT cardio. Currently on a 'slow-bulk' - eating 200-300 calorie surplus over maintenance to ensure strength gains but minimal fat gains.

seaweed
Veteran
Veteran

12 Oct 2015, 4:16 pm

I ride my bike for at least 30 minutes a day, walk and hike when the day is nice and I'm not busy, keep 5 lb weights in the living room so I remember to use them when I'm just sitting around.
one of my jobs is also pretty physically demanding so that helps.
I miss gymnastics, though I don't have the money or time to do it anymore besides when I'm just messing around.

ParadoxalParadigm
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

12 Oct 2015, 9:18 pm

I used to really enjoy getting a variety of workouts, like P90X, Insanity, and super light things like cardio machines at the gym (elliptical, bicycle). I've given crossfit/weightlifting a go as well, but I'm unable to make the class at my local gym due to work. I also love doing zumba, but my feet start hurting so much. I did the DVDs to get me started, but once I was finally coordinated enough to do it in public, I started going to classes. Alas, I never seem to lose much weight, though, and it gets so, so discouraging, even though I (generally) eat well.

Hypnotized
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

19 Oct 2015, 2:46 am

I used to dance a lot to these kind of Fitness dance videos.
These days I am way more into jumping rope and jumping jacks. I do them every evening, but I plan on doing them in the morning as well. I changed my eating habits too (cutting down on sweets, sodas, foods that contain flower and eating smaller amounts) and I actually lost 8 lbs in a week.

TwilightReader100
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

23 Oct 2015, 10:50 pm

I go swimming about two or three times a week (I do about 24 laps in an hour) and walk at least 30 minutes almost every day. I'm actually losing weight by it, surprise, surprise. I'm down to 187ish from over 200ish.

macandpea
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

24 Oct 2015, 3:52 am

I ice skate once a week and try to run at least once a week. I have been thinking of joining a gym