Page 1 of 1 [ 9 posts ] 

Abstract_Logic
Veteran
Veteran

16 Jan 2013, 2:01 am

Does anybody play Minecraft?

I tried a demo of it today in my web browser, and I wasn't quite sure what to do. I picked up a few items, including a stick, a small ax, and some flowers, but I didn't know what to use them for, so I just chased sheeps and piggies around :lol:.

I started reading this: http://www.minecraftwiki.net/wiki/Tutor ... %27s_guide

So far, it seems like a pretty neat game. 8)

RPG enthusiast
Has OCD, social anxiety, CPTSD

kirostun
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

16 Jan 2013, 2:13 am

I play minecraft too. it's fun getting materials and building things.
At the start you have to look for blocks of stone with something black on it, coal. With coal and a stick you make torches so you can see in the dark. And with the crafting table, as you can see in the wiki you create the other tools, with the begining with wood which is easy to get, and then with stone or iron.

windtreeman
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

16 Jan 2013, 3:19 am

It's loads of fun and highly addictive. Once you learn all the ropes and gameplay mechanics, I guarantee you'll enjoy it infinitely more.

Faelan
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

16 Jan 2013, 7:49 am

I have put hundreds of hours into Minecraft. It's a great game whether you want to just chill out or be really creative. It's like a virtual world, LEGOs and zombie survival all combined :D

I got the game back when it was only 10 euro or something like it, but even at the price it is today, it's a bargain considering how much time I've managed to get out of it compared to the average time I get out of most full priced PC games.

My latest survival game had me start on a small island in the middle of an ocean. Took quite some time just building up enough stuff so that I could leave the island and even then, I had to carefully explore quite a bit making maps along the way until I found a suitable place that wasn't just another island or a desert full of sand (playing with large biomes).

I recommend the full version and don't be intimidated by the seemingly steep learning curve. It's not that bad once you get started and there are billions of tutorials on YouTube explaining how to survive the first couple of days. The wiki is really helpful for the details, but I found YouTube to be more helpful when I started because it shows you another person actually playing the game which the wiki doesn't.

TheLiteralGirl
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

16 Jan 2013, 9:22 pm

My late teens/early 20s kids love this game. Beware some of the bugs though. The Nether has some bad bugs, and the updates never seem to address them.

The music is really nice and not annoying like most games. This matters to me because they play in the same room I have to work, but that game doesn't interrupt my work. :-)

Dovi
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

16 Jan 2013, 11:27 pm

This game is so addictive, I play it on the computer, xbox, and on my tablet so I can play it at work haha. My younger sister (11) also love it :)

And yeah, like someone else said, it is a lot more fun once you really start to figure out all the things you can do. You should watch the Survive and Thrive videos on youtube, he gives all kinds of information and it really helped me get started :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B36Ehzf2cxE

Question14
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

17 Jan 2013, 3:18 am

Brilliant game. You will enjoy once you learn how to craft. If you like logic, redstone for you. like adventure? go to the end and nether. just want to build? get mining! But really, mining is the main part to the game, thats why it called minecraft.

Watch out for those creepers!

zeldafan
Veteran
Veteran

17 Jan 2013, 4:14 pm

Basically this game ROCKS. First off you walk up to a tree and punch it down by holding LEFT CLICK. Then you hit E and click the wood. Drag it to the crafting box and click the item that appeares there (wood planks) take the planks and fill the square with them. Take the crafting table and hit RIGHT CLICK on a block. Then take two planks and put them on top of other. Then you take your sticks and right click the crafting table and put them in the middle and below the middle. Then 3 wood planks on top and bOOM pickaxe. then do the same put take the planks and put 2 on top and top right and one below top right. BOOM axe. then dig a hole like you do with wood and you will see stone. mine the stone with your pick like you would with a fist and boom stone.

MaxShock
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

17 Jan 2013, 6:35 pm

This is one of my favorite games. I have it, and love it.

Sadly though, can't play it until I get my computer fixed.