Page 1 of 2 [ 19 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

MrStewart
Veteran
Veteran

16 Jan 2013, 10:55 pm

No. Am not embarrassed easily either. If I am laughed at i am more likely to just be confused why something I did was interpreted as comical.

This came up during a session with my therapist once. We were doing breathing exercises to help with anxiety when I feel dizzy. She started very slow in her demonstrations and kept telling me it was okay if I didn't want to do it. I think she was surprised that I had no problem at all with doing these heavy breathing exercises with her.

Verdandi
Veteran
Veteran

Location: University of California Sunnydale (fictional location - Real location Olympia, WA)

16 Jan 2013, 10:59 pm

I do not get offended easily, but people seem to enjoy assuming that I am offended or angry when I point out they said or did something that could be offensive. I do not think anyone has a responsibility to just take verbal abuse (which is what most offensive statements are). Many of those who dish it out seem to think everyone else should just take it from them, and invoke non sequitur comments about "political correctness" to defend their ways.

This comes up frequently here. I find it strange that in a community where bullying is frequently denounced that so many members will defend verbal bullying under the pretense of free speech, among other self-justifying excuses.

Jaden
Veteran
Veteran

16 Jan 2013, 11:25 pm

I got called a "radical" and a "lunatic" today because I believe in constitutional freedoms.
Needless to say I was offended and went off on the poor idiot.

btbnnyr
Veteran
Veteran

16 Jan 2013, 11:39 pm

I don't get offended easily.