Page 1 of 2 [ 24 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

GoonSquad
Veteran
Veteran

27 Feb 2013, 9:34 am

rabbittss wrote:
I've done some because I had no alternative that fit my schedule.. but generally speaking I prefer actually going to Class. I spend enough time as it is sitting at home behind the computer.

Yep! I would much rather go to class too... However, due to health problems I dropped back to half-time, and I'm taking all my classes on-line this term.

No sir, I don't like it. :roll:

Keniichi
Veteran
Veteran

28 Feb 2013, 12:10 am

"Online" is ok. (I still have to take tests and assignments on campus+some other intern stuff on campus).

Jean_Descole
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

02 Mar 2013, 8:52 pm

Only if it's a BS class.

I don't feel like I learn from online classes, since it's just someguy lecturing at me. There's no discussion, and I don't really feel inclined to learn anything. I just feel like absorbing material, getting through whatever assessment, and moving on. So, I only save it for classes I feel I can get through without much trouble (i.e. General Ed classes).

But, for classes I care about, I just learn better in person, so I take them in person.

J87
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

04 Mar 2013, 3:07 pm

I'm currently studying with the Open University and it has been brilliant, however, to gain a degree I must attend physically for some parts of modules and don't know if I can handle it.

StillStanding
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

10 Mar 2013, 12:22 am

Currently taking ABA courses through Arizona State University Teacher's College. I'm in my 2nd course and I'm not sure what to make of the program.... interesting group of people, plenty of discussion but having a terrible time with organization and attention.

CucumberSalad
Butterfly
Butterfly

15 Mar 2013, 2:55 pm

I go to school, but my Japanese class is online, so I do that in a computer room...

MannyBoo
Veteran
Veteran

23 Mar 2013, 9:17 pm

I never have. I believe in the human, face to face lectures.. However, for people who are very busy, or do not have time to attend a regular lecture, then correspondence courses are a good option.

ProudWithAspergers
Butterfly
Butterfly

05 Apr 2013, 12:53 am

I do. I Ended up going to school online completely my freshman year because i was getting bullied in marching band and the rest of school. The school i went to was awful. It seemed like there was at least one fight every day. I got sick of it, talked to the principal but it got worse. So i thought online school would be good for me. I have more time to concentrate on school work because i'm not bound to that '8 hour school day' thing. Next year i'm gonna do dual enrollment for a school in town. I have labs for radiology that i have to do in a public school but for other stuff i am still gonna do online school.

Tharja
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

05 Apr 2013, 10:16 am

I am currently taking two online courses from home. I don't like online courses - I have always found it easier when I have a professor to remind us of due dates rather than a computer screen.

Unfortunately, the vast majority of my major-specific courses were only offered online. Bleh. :x

Myers-Briggs personality: ISFJ