Page 1 of 1 [ 5 posts ] 

Merculangelo
Toucan
Toucan

19 Jan 2013, 12:58 am

One of those nights when I feel alone and want to commit a mass murder at my school or cut my throat in the middle of the night in the fountain in the university quad. Someone I know pretty well said she couldn't be real friends with me because I have Aspergers and boys and girls can't just be friends. We can't spend time together because, she said, people will think we're in a relationship and it would make her look bad.

So basically I'm being told that I'm inherently flawed. She may not see it that way, but it goes that way just because society makes the rules and if those are the rules here, in this society, than i was born wrong and have to take responsibility for it.

Sometimes It feels like I haven't done anything wrong, that I'm fine at understanding social ques and people's faces, its just there's these illogical rules and those rules have taken people I love away from me, like them dying, because they didn't want to go. society tore them away.

MaxShock
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

19 Jan 2013, 1:16 am

First, even a month after the Newton tragedy, it's a terrible idea for an aspie to say such things.

Second, confront her about it. She's obviously extremely ignorant on the autistic thing, and rather arrogant too.

Third, since when can't men and women be friends? I'm great friends with 3 girls, and one of them I do have a crush on, though it's impossible for me to be able to ask her out.

I think the girl is trying to find excuses to get rid of you, and pointing out stupid things, and so I don't think you'd even want to be friends with someone like that. She seems like a horrible person.

Like I said, you should confront her, and tell her why it aggravates you.

namaste
Veteran
Veteran

19 Jan 2013, 1:18 am

she maybe giving a excuse to avoid you
boys and girls are often friends nowadays and atleast in western countries
unlike here in india its taboo to mix up with opposite sex

i have females avoiding me everytime
its like animal instincts
somehow the animals know when there is danger around them
humans use the same instinct
i have noticed they are very quick to judge and avoid anybody who is not of same tuning.

BlackSabre7
Veteran
Veteran

19 Jan 2013, 3:09 am

[quote="Merculangelo"]
So basically I'm being told that I'm inherently flawed. She may not see it that way, but it goes that way just because society makes the rules and if those are the rules here, in this society, than i was born wrong and have to take responsibility for it.

Everyone is inherently flawed. Her flaws might be a lack of insight or courage to stray from the herd or something. At least you know yours, and you also have strengths to go with it. Most of society is sheep. I'd much rather be me than any of them. The fact that they have trouble with the likes of me is due to their weakness not mine.
Don't get hung up on their mistakes, just focus on working on yours.
I know it still hurts but life is funny like that - hurt is inevitable for everyone. Work through it, move on.

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

19 Jan 2013, 11:11 pm

Sweet Pea hugsImage