What Multiverse/Parallel Universe Would You Visit/Live In?

Page 4 of 4 [ 56 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

BlackSabre7
Veteran
Veteran

17 Feb 2013, 9:09 pm

ruveyn wrote:
BlackSabre7 wrote:
ruveyn wrote:
CornerPuzzlePieces wrote:
ruveyn wrote:
I would like to have lived in the Time Line where Mohammed never was born.

ruveyn

The boxer or the boxhead?

The Prophet (PBUH) (Pus and Blisters Upon Him)

I am intensely curious - what do you have against Mohammed? (I know nothing about Islam, just curious)

1. He hits on little girls.
2. He originated a wicked and vile religion that is the cause of much death and destruction.

I have more, but that should be enough.

ruveyn

It's funny, because I have found that whenever I look at any sacred cow from the right angle, I see something entirely different from those that revere it.
For example- Einstein. To me he was just another physicist. True, the possibility that he might have had asperger's has made me soften up on him just a tad, but for the most part, I don't see his contributions as being so much more than those of many others. I kind of admire Bohr more.
I think Einstein had/has a really good publicity agent, and marketing team. Don't know if that Israeli University that profits from it is responsible, or the other owners of the Einstein 'consortium' behind the money-making machine. It was a very clever move, making Einstein's name synonymous with intelligence. And the bobble head dolls, and the T-shirts.
Any pop band or Speilberg movie would be proud.

salad
Veteran
Veteran

17 Feb 2013, 10:29 pm

ruveyn wrote:
BlackSabre7 wrote:
ruveyn wrote:
ruveyn wrote:

ruveyn

I am intensely curious - what do you have against Mohammed? (I know nothing about Islam, just curious)

2. He originated a wicked and vile religion that is the cause of much death and destruction.

ruveyn[/

Last edited by salad on 17 Feb 2013, 10:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.

salad
Veteran
Veteran

17 Feb 2013, 10:29 pm

ruveyn wrote:
BlackSabre7 wrote:
ruveyn wrote:
ruveyn wrote:

ruveyn

ruveyn

Hundreds of famous intellectual non Muslims, such as Thomas Carlyle aren't afraid to praise him and beautify him, if he were such as you speak of him his name wouldn't have been so praised by numerous non muslim intellectuals, examples Thomas Carlyle, Michael h hart, George Bernard shaw and many more. He will always be the greatest human being to walk the earth and your hate for him only proves your sheer envy for him.

Last edited by salad on 17 Feb 2013, 10:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.

salad
Veteran
Veteran

17 Feb 2013, 10:37 pm

auntblabby wrote:
BlackSabre7 wrote:

the poster you are referring to, has a jewish heritage, so you can understand his discomfort with the teeming mohammedans arrayed against the jewish presense in the middle east.

Actually it was the other way around. The banu Nader alone, a Jewish tribe tried assassinating our prophet so many times I lost count. Banu Nader also attempted a mass genocide on the Muslims during that battle of khundaq. If anything the prophet showed them mercy, they refused to return the mercy, and the ones who were aggressive were put to justice. Had they abided by their peace treaties there wouldn't have been all these fights, however, they wanted to kill the Muslims, if the Muslims decide to put them to justice that isn't my concern. If you can link to me one time where the prophet harmed an innocent Jew, I will definitely be disgusted. However, that never happened, because the prophet only attacked the Jews when they broke their treaties and attacked the Muslims first.

naturalplastic
Veteran
Veteran

18 Feb 2013, 4:00 am

Einstein vaulted to superstardom when a prediction of relativity theory was confirmed by astronomers observing a solar eclipse in 1919. So his name had already been synonomous with braininess for a whole generation before the state of Israel was founded. So this theory of yours that its all PR from an Isreali university doesnt make any sense.

He only turned Issac Newton on his head and remade physics.

Jeeze!

Fatal-Noogie
Veteran
Veteran

Location: California coast, United States of America, Earth, Solar System, Milky Way, Cosmos

18 Feb 2013, 5:22 am

salad wrote:
...your hate for him only proves your sheer envy for him.
This reasoning is illogical.
What is your opinion of Joseph Stalin?
Is hate for Stalin proof that one envies him?

I am not obligated to bow in worship or servitude to a scientifically illiterate, child molesting polygamist
from the iron age with an affinity for hallucination and an obsession with violence.

However, given the choice between universes, I would prefer to live in an age where Al Ghazali was never born (vs Muhammad).
Without Muhammad, it's probable some equally absurd religion(s) would have filled the gap.
At least the Islamic world had a complex understanding of geometry and civil engineering until the 12th Century.
By declaring that faith supersedes logic and math, Al Ghazali may have brought about the intellectual dark age for the Islamic world.
Without him, perhaps the Middle East would have facilitated the Renaissance or the Enlightenment movements, instead of Europe.
(Which is not to say I'm picking geographic favorites—only that I wish those movements had happened sooner.)

@naturalplastic
To give a comparison of the Einstein analogy, have you ever heard of Sadi Carnot?
His equations of thermodynamic efficiency and fluid cycles for heat pumps, refrigeration cycles, and heat engines
are implemented into the design and analysis of every gas, coal, oil, nuclear, and geothermal power plant,
every fridge and freezer, every air-conditioning system.
Have you ever heard of Christian Huygens? He rearranged Newton's equations to account for centrifugal force and moment of inertia,
so physicist and engineers could account for the motion, acceleration, and energy of rotating parts.
He figured out how light can be thought of as a wave function and discovered polarized light.
How about Cecilia Payne? She discovered the chemical compositions of stars and the process of fusion they undergo.
George Gamow? — postulated the Big Bang Theory.

I could go on but I won't. (If you already knew all those names, you have my compliments.)
My point is we can't hope to give proper public credit to every physicist who deserves it. Most people don't know those names.
Sadly, the public just doesn't have the memory or attention span for it.
Einstein has received disproportionately high credit and attention when compared to other prominent physicists.
Granted he may deserve it, but not when it crowds everyone else out.
I don't blame him or his publicity campaign. I blame the generally underwhelming curriculums in our public schools.

ruveyn
Veteran
Veteran

18 Feb 2013, 7:28 am

salad wrote:

Hundreds of famous intellectual non Muslims, such as Thomas Carlyle aren't afraid to praise him and beautify him, if he were such as you speak of him his name wouldn't have been so praised by numerous non muslim intellectuals, examples Thomas Carlyle, Michael h hart, George Bernard shaw and many more. He will always be the greatest human being to walk the earth and your hate for him only proves your sheer envy for him.

Bullsh*t! He was a maniac, a child-f***er and a goat herder!

ruveyn

BlackSabre7
Veteran
Veteran

18 Feb 2013, 8:09 am

naturalplastic wrote:
Einstein vaulted to superstardom when a prediction of relativity theory was confirmed by astronomers observing a solar eclipse in 1919. So his name had already been synonomous with braininess for a whole generation before the state of Israel was founded. So this theory of yours that its all PR from an Isreali university doesnt make any sense.

He only turned Issac Newton on his head and remade physics.

Jeeze!

I don't agree that he 'turned Issac Newton on his head'. That is exactly the kind of exaggerated comment that highlights my view. Newton's laws were THE turning point in physics for centuries, and are still taught and used today. Relativity was the next step and necessary for the progress of stuff like space exploration. It did not replace Newton, merely refine it, define its limitations and describe what apparently happens in certain situations beyond those limitations.

I know little about Middle Eastern history, so I should just say the University of Jerusalem was part owner of his name. He left it to them. But I think it's probably Bill Gates and Disney now. U of J had professional help to market Einstein (after he died). Now it's practically financially dangerous to touch anything Einstein without permission. Probably risking getting sued for deformation for saying this. :roll:

I am not saying Al himself was responsible for the marketing. I am not saying he did not contribute to physics. But I think that most people know the legend, but not the physics, nor the man.
He himself was supposed to have said "the contrast between the popular estimate of my powers and achievements and the reality is simply grotesque".
I agree.