How many psychiatric comorbidities do you have?

Page 1 of 9 [ 133 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 9  Next

How many psychiatric comorbidities in addition to autism (ASD) do you have?
no comorbidities 7%  7%  [ 13 ]
1 20%  20%  [ 35 ]
2 24%  24%  [ 43 ]
3 28%  28%  [ 50 ]
4 11%  11%  [ 20 ]
5 4%  4%  [ 7 ]
6 1%  1%  [ 2 ]
7 or more 5%  5%  [ 9 ]
Total votes : 179

Raziel
Veteran
Veteran

19 Jan 2013, 6:37 pm

How many (neuro-)psychiatric comorbidities in addition to autism (ASD) do you have?

Sorry, repost. Made a mistake the first time. :oops:

IdahoRose
Veteran
Veteran

19 Jan 2013, 7:29 pm

I have three - GAD, OCD and depression. :(

Callista
Veteran
Veteran

19 Jan 2013, 7:31 pm

ADHD and depression.

I think you're going to find that the vast majority of autistics have at least one. I could dig up some studies on it, but I'm feeling too lazy right now. :P

Autism Memorial:
http://autism-memorial.livejournal.com

Verdandi
Veteran
Veteran

Location: University of California Sunnydale (fictional location - Real location Olympia, WA)

19 Jan 2013, 9:36 pm

ADHD, depression, and anxiety. The anxiety is under control right now.

Nonperson
Veteran
Veteran

19 Jan 2013, 9:46 pm

Have been diagnosed with depression, but not so bad now.

kamiyu910
Veteran
Veteran

19 Jan 2013, 10:00 pm

Depression, OCD, Anxiety, and psychotic intrusive/obsessive thoughts (which may or may not be because of OCD or something else...)

FireBird
Veteran
Veteran

19 Jan 2013, 10:15 pm

I have anxiety, depression, schizoaffective disorder on top of the autism. So I guess 3.

Livelock
Butterfly
Butterfly

19 Jan 2013, 10:41 pm

ADHD, Compulsive skin picking, depression anxiety.

EstherJ
Veteran
Veteran

20 Jan 2013, 2:33 am

Depression, OCD, synesthesia, slow mental processing.

Dillogic
Veteran
Veteran

20 Jan 2013, 2:48 am

OCD

Raziel
Veteran
Veteran

20 Jan 2013, 3:36 am

Wow, the average is 2-3 comorbidities. 8O

But I was also surprised how many I have... o.O

1) Gender Identitiy Disorder
2) Tic-disorder/Tourette Syndrome
3) Bipolar II suspicion/at least depression
4) and as a child also dyslexia.

At the moment I also have: acute stress reaction, because of the death of a friend two weeks ago, but I didn't count that because I'm allready half way through, so it's just a short thing.

Last edited by Raziel on 20 Jan 2013, 4:29 am, edited 1 time in total.

Raziel
Veteran
Veteran

20 Jan 2013, 4:07 am

Callista wrote:
I think you're going to find that the vast majority of autistics have at least one. I could dig up some studies on it, but I'm feeling too lazy right now. :P

Yes, but my experience is also that the number of the comorbidities doesn't say that much, because the variation from "mild" to "severe" is huge.

For example my dyslexia as a child isn't that important anymore and my tic-disorder just mild.
My autism is still womehow important, but the most trouble causes me my mood disorder nowadays.

InnaLucia
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

20 Jan 2013, 5:01 am

Social anxiety.

TheygoMew
Veteran
Veteran

20 Jan 2013, 6:51 am

There are valid diagnosis (observations and assessments) and filler diagnosis.

Normal reactions like depression after someone dies? That is a filler diagnosis to get you on drugs.

PMS? Another filler diagnosis to get you on the new name of prozac which has 92 percent fluoride.

Next time you walk into a psychiatric office, ask for physical proof you have this "condition".

If you walk into an office and come out with a new label each time with new prescription, you are being played.

The history of psychiatry has a murky past in order to get accepted as valid. They are only considered valid for the drugs that are prescribed which can have some dire consequences but naturally patients are hooked and sometimes don't even remember their psychotic episodes. Their family and friends do though.

Look up all information about medication. You won't get that info in the office.

If you are prescribed anti-psychotics for autism, ask why you are being prescribed a drug for psychotic people. You'll hear psycho babble and "Approved by the FDA"

Having all of these labels attached to you is nothing to be proud of. Psychiatrists won't cure you nor will the drugs. There are ways to help yourself with alot of these filler diagnosis... but not if you allow yourself to be treated like a lab rat.

Raziel
Veteran
Veteran

20 Jan 2013, 7:00 am

TheygoMew wrote:
Having all of these labels attached to you is nothing to be proud of. Psychiatrists won't cure you nor will the drugs. There are ways to help yourself with alot of these filler diagnosis... but not if you allow yourself to be treated like a lab rat.

Actually my shrink just supscribes me agomelatonin. :lol:
Because of my mood.

You can't cure ASD or dyslexia with medication nor can you cure Gender Identity Disorder with medication. :wink:
Because of my acute stress reaction a shrink helped me to come over it in the last two weeks. I could come and talk any time and I did 3 or 4 times. This was very nice. There was no need to fill me up with meds. It wasn't depression, it was a psychological shock, because of a complex situation who doesn't matter right now. But also a shock in certain situations is something "normal", but it's important to come over it.

Just because I have some diagnosis doesn't mean anyone is treating me like a lab rat...! :roll:
I learned to stay away from shrinks who have the intention to treat me like one.

TheygoMew
Veteran
Veteran

20 Jan 2013, 7:06 am

No need to get defensive if it doesn't apply to you. Good call on the therapy. Too many people are getting on unnecessary drugs. I will be rolling my eyes right back at you though to let you know that right now my comorbidity is b***h. :roll:

The pill for b***h is Lebrazeborphinusyickaspertamus.