Went on a date for the first time in three months

Page 1 of 1 [ 4 posts ] 

tangomike
Veteran
Veteran

20 Jan 2013, 2:31 am

Tonight, I went on a date with a woman whos a year older than me and going for her PH.D in physics at the local university here. shes very smart and driven...and mormon which is fine. I have to admit I'm intimidated by her intelligence and have no idea what shes talking about as far as her studies and field-but likewise, she doesnt know much about history or politics or international stuff as I do-she smiled a lot and laughed a whole bunch. we met up at 530pm and left the cafe at 9:00pm...so we talked for over 3 hours on the first date over one beverage. i hope she liked me haha. we are very different people and it was only as awkward as any first date between two ppl who have never met coulda had (we met on Okcupid). I'm just venting and putting my thoughts up- I'm glad I've been slowly getting over a breakup from November and goin on some dates a few months after recouperation. it was a date i needed to know I can talk to women again and be detatched from my ex. Anywho, good night to you all! just putting my thoughts out there..somewhere in cyber space.

Gosh, she is tall and pretty. I'm looking forward to seeing her again-whenever our next meet up is.

machf
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

21 Jan 2013, 1:28 pm

Good luck...!

hyperlexian
Veteran
Veteran

21 Jan 2013, 1:46 pm

:cheers: glad to hear it went well! keep us posted :bounce:

BobY
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

21 Jan 2013, 2:28 pm

Congrats and good luck! I met my partner on OkCupid. It's better to begin being intimidated by her intelligence- if you are confident and she is kind, that can transform into interested enthralled and appreciative. Sure beats bored!

best,
Bob

bobyamtich.com