fever 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
aches and pains associated w/illness 6%  6%  [ 1 ]
other 11%  11%  [ 2 ]
Total votes : 18

SoccerFreak
Toucan
Toucan

01 Jan 2007, 8:20 pm

what is the most un-pleasent thing your body does when you are sick. for me it's barfing because when i have the stomach flu:

if i move: i puke
if i talk to me much: i puke
if i watch tv: i puke
if it's too noisy: i puke
if i keep standing up: i puke
and so on and so forth

At least if i have anything else i can move and do stuff, and when i have the stomach flu it seems like my senses go haywire, like if if there is too much noise or light it makes me sicker, like a migrane although i have no headache. Does that happen to anyone else?

shadexiii
Veteran
Veteran

01 Jan 2007, 8:24 pm

uh... does alcohol poisoning count?

I feel fine for a while, then I just start puking. I may feel "ok" for a while, but then I puke some more. Had it so bad at one point that it was nearly 12 hours til I started puking, didn't stop until most of what I had drank the night before had come back up. Couldn't even really eat for a few hours after I finished.

Starbuline
Veteran
Veteran

01 Jan 2007, 8:26 pm

In my opinion, it's barfing. I HATE it.

shadexiii
Veteran
Veteran

01 Jan 2007, 8:27 pm

After some further thought, the only time I actually like puking is A) if I'm really drunk and I "need" to puke, lest I get alcohol poisoning, or B) if I have a migraine. Don't ask me why, if I have a migraine and I end up puking, I usually pass out shortly after and then wake up feeling better.

Starbuline
Veteran
Veteran

01 Jan 2007, 8:29 pm

shadexiii wrote:
After some further thought, the only time I actually like puking is A) if I'm really drunk and I "need" to puke, lest I get alcohol poisoning, or B) if I have a migraine. Don't ask me why, if I have a migraine and I end up puking, I usually pass out shortly after and then wake up feeling better.

I know what you mean with the first one.

Corvus
Veteran
Veteran

01 Jan 2007, 8:38 pm

I don't get headaches. I love puking, more on that after.

Sore throat easily. It ruins everything for me. Coughing, ya, it sucks. Snot, well, since I've lost all my hair there is no 'warning' when snot it coming out, more a nuisance. But 'Sore throat' wins easily.

Now, vomitting? The feeling you get as it starts to turn kind of sucks but that relief as it flows from your body into the toilet or similar is simply amazing. The 'heaving' and the 'tense' muscles in your stomach! This coming from someone that can almost do it on command, though

shadexiii
Veteran
Veteran

01 Jan 2007, 8:50 pm

Corvus wrote:
I don't get headaches. I love puking, more on that after.

Sore throat easily. It ruins everything for me. Coughing, ya, it sucks. Snot, well, since I've lost all my hair there is no 'warning' when snot it coming out, more a nuisance. But 'Sore throat' wins easily.

Now, vomitting? The feeling you get as it starts to turn kind of sucks but that relief as it flows from your body into the toilet or similar is simply amazing. The 'heaving' and the 'tense' muscles in your stomach! This coming from someone that can almost do it on command, though

um....damn. I'm not sure if almost on command is impressive, disturbing, or some combination of the two. I can't stand the actual puking part, especially after a bad experience with some...pizza toppings.... The afterwards though, never really thought about it, but it doesn't feel bad. Well, as long as it isn't shortly thereafter followed by more puking.

Not saying I'd want to puke just to feel the "after" feeling, just noticing.

Flagg
Veteran
Veteran

01 Jan 2007, 8:56 pm

Migraines

They make my brain feel like it's gonna pop.

Anubis
Veteran
Veteran

01 Jan 2007, 8:59 pm

Diahorrea. Nasty. Thankfully I've never had it.

shadexiii
Veteran
Veteran

01 Jan 2007, 9:01 pm

Anubis wrote:
Diahorrea. Nasty. Thankfully I've never had it.

Never? Consider yourself lucky. Nothing quite as horrific as spraying yoohoo into the toilet.
(Hah, that's much more horrible whenever I read it or hear it than when I type or say it. Not something I came up with, some comic on television said something to that effect. The genius of it just caused it to stick with me.)

I still think migraines and alcohol poisoning kind of share a tie for first in my book though.

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

01 Jan 2007, 11:16 pm

I end up with very bad cases of the trotts. I won't go into any further details about this. They involve protection and that's as far as I'm going. :oops:

renaeden
Veteran
Veteran

02 Jan 2007, 6:48 am

I voted migraines. That's because it usually leads to vomiting. And to have both at the same time is truly awful.

TheMachine1
Veteran
Veteran

Location: 9099 will be my last post...what the hell 9011 will be.

02 Jan 2007, 6:55 am

On that list I vote headaches. I agree with Corvus on vomiting. It triggers endorphin
release and provides pretty quick relief. I have had posion ivy attack many times in the last few years and its pretty bad to (I guess that would fit under "rash").

neurodeviant
Veteran
Veteran

02 Jan 2007, 10:18 am

Tonsillitis. If you have that, you get all of the above (except rash or diahorrea). I had it a couple of years ago, and it was probably the sickest I've ever been.

SoccerFreak
Toucan
Toucan

02 Jan 2007, 1:44 pm

I hate it when i puke, and all the toilet water sprays up into your face and on your shirt. And sometimes it comes out my nose which burns like hell, and then you can like smell it for hours cause it like..went through your nose.

Yesterday i had the stomach flu...and i had to like change my shirt twice just cause of the splashing, and i had a wash cloth handy to wipe my face when i was done. I also had a pony tail holder handy so i could quickly put my hair up so it wouldnt fall in the toilet or get splash on it.

I also hate it when you have to puke and the toilet has the heavy urine smell, so you cant like lean over the toilet cause it smells so bad. A public toilet is bad too.