Yes 19%  19%  [ 34 ]
No 72%  72%  [ 128 ]
No opinion either way 9%  9%  [ 17 ]
Total votes : 179

Dear_one
Veteran
Veteran

13 Mar 2019, 1:38 am

This advice goes for NTs too: Practice your snow driving where accidents won't matter, like a big empty parking lot. Go into every kind of skid, and learn to control it. Learn to judge the available traction by sight and temperature. Then, keep your reflexes sharp with little test skids whenever they look easy and safe. Twice, I've hit black ice, and still made my corner safely, but there was no time to think.
There's less you can do about getting hit in a big pile-up. Some taxi owners park their fleets despite lots of business when it snows in an area with the drivers out of practice. Real snow tires are a lot better than all-seasons, too. If your area gets less than a week of snow a year, there will be a lot very bad driving in it on summer tires.

JD12345
Toucan
Toucan

14 Mar 2019, 3:08 pm

I find snow to be visually appealing.

IsabellaLinton
Veteran
Veteran

14 Mar 2019, 3:21 pm

I absolutely love snow, snow storms, snow forts, snowman-making, snow-angel making, snow driving (it's exciting) ...

snow-everything .... except .... (slow drum roll)

I can't tolerate snow on the ground when it is sunny outside. The glare makes me want to gouge my eyes out with a dull implement. It's my worst form of sensory torture. I hate February because it tends to have sunny days and left-over snow. Sunshine on snow was the main reason I started being so reclusive and living with black-out curtains.

Dear_one
Veteran
Veteran

14 Mar 2019, 3:32 pm

If you avoid bright light, use sunglasses, etc, sun on snow will be overpowering. Eskimos use a type of eye protection as basic survival gear. I can only handle the extreme days if I squint, or half-close my eyes in a relaxed way.

IsabellaLinton
Veteran
Veteran

14 Mar 2019, 3:36 pm

Dear_one wrote:
If you avoid bright light, use sunglasses, etc, sun on snow will be overpowering. Eskimos use a type of eye protection as basic survival gear. I can only handle the extreme days if I squint, or half-close my eyes in a relaxed way.

I can't even stand it if I'm indoors, and can't see the snow!
It's something about how the light refracts off the snow and illuminates my house through the windows.
I wear sunglasses indoors but it still nauseates me.

I do need better sunglasses but I'd sooner just remove my eyes when it happens.

Muziek
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

14 Mar 2019, 3:39 pm

In gereral: aspies hate snow; auties love snow. :mrgreen:

As a musical term for sure, "the '80s" imply the late '70s and early '90s. You can think of them as tapers of this golden decade.

IsabellaLinton
Veteran
Veteran

14 Mar 2019, 3:45 pm

Muziek wrote:

Is that for real? I'm Autistic L2 and I love snow itself, except for the sunlight issue.

DanielW
Veteran
Veteran

14 Mar 2019, 4:03 pm

Muziek wrote:

Only in the UK or under the ICD-10

DSM-V, means we all hate snow now

Ha Ha

Joe90
Veteran
Veteran

14 Mar 2019, 4:49 pm

I used to hate snow, but it doesn't bother me too much any more, although I still rather it doesn't snow. I loved it when I was a child because it meant a day off school.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

14 Mar 2019, 4:52 pm

I like snow. I don't like driving in it.

HIGHLONESOMECAT
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

14 Mar 2019, 4:54 pm

[b]I LOVE SNOW![/b]

Dear_one
Veteran
Veteran

14 Mar 2019, 5:35 pm

kraftiekortie wrote:
I like snow. I don't like driving in it.

I'm not keen on snow in traffic, but it sure makes it a lot easier to spot the deer before they jump out of the ditch.

I just spent my spare energy for 3 afternoons first raking the snow from the edge of my roof, and then chipping off the ice that builds up near the eaves, possibly causing water damage. Next week: floods.

nick007
Veteran
Veteran

Location: was Louisiana but now Vermont in the police state called USA

15 Mar 2019, 1:13 am

I wouldn't say I hate it but I dislike it. I lived in Louisiana most of my life & we only had real snowfalls a couple times in my life. It was kind of a novelty then but the novelty wore off 1ce I moved to a city in Vermont. The snow makes going places difficult & 1ce the snow starts melting the sidewalks are dangerous cuz of the slippery ice & 1ce that starts melting the sidewalks have big puddles which make my feet & ankles wet if I walk in them. My girlfriend lived in Vermont her whole life & she loved snow(she thought it was pretty & liked playing in it) when she lived in the country & winter was her favorite season. She disliked it pretty fast 1ce she moved to the city with me for the reasons I mentioned.

"Hear all, trust nothing"
~Ferengi Rule Of Acquisition #190
https://memory-alpha.fandom.com/wiki/Ru ... cquisition

hmk66
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

15 Mar 2019, 10:09 am

I love snow. It gives a very beautiful sight and you can make a lot of beautiful photos, if there is snow.

Unfortunately snow causes more accidents, makes roads slippery, but that is only the case when I have to travel.

Dylanperr
Veteran
Veteran

18 Jun 2019, 4:54 pm

I love snow I am a Mild-Moderate Autistic (L2 I would say).

JimSpark
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

18 Jun 2019, 7:58 pm

I hate snow.

I grew up in the Northeastern U.S. where there's usually snow/ice on the ground from December to March, so I got sick of it by the time I became an adult. If you have to go to work, and clean snow off your car and/or shovel your driveway before you go to work, and try to leave your house early enough so that you can still get to work on time, and you have to do this around 15 to 20 times each year, it becomes so easy to hate snow. I envy those people who have never seen snow, I wish I never had to see or deal with it.