Page 1 of 1 [ 9 posts ] 

tamshark
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

20 Jan 2013, 8:18 pm

My 10y/o daughter has been having problems wetting her pants when she is laughing. It happens at school and home. We have had the discussion about why she does it and she tells me "I don't know why". I really don't want kids to start picking on her, as she is very well liked by her peers. But, I fear that day is going to come and my heart breaks for her. It's very frustrating because she acts like nothing is wrong and "no one is going to see". I plan on taking her to the pediatrician to check for any UTI's and maybe get some insight from her on the matter. Does anyone else have this problem or know of any solutions? We have talked about putting her on a "pee schedule" to see if that will help. Thanks for the input......

Marcia
Veteran
Veteran

20 Jan 2013, 8:27 pm

Unless I'm reading your post wrong, this seems to be a new or recent problem. I think you should take her to see a doctor as soon as possible. It does sound a bit like the kind of bladder weakness associated with being that bit older or after childbirth, so maybe some exercises to strengthen her pelvic floor will be beneficial.

But, doctor first.

tweety_fan
Veteran
Veteran

20 Jan 2013, 8:40 pm

a trip to the doctor would be a good idea here.

League_Girl
Veteran
Veteran

20 Jan 2013, 8:43 pm

I have wet my pants when I would laugh so hard. I thought this was normal. I don't have that problem anymore because I learned to have better control. I would stop the flow every time I would start wetting.

Daughter: NT, no diagnoses.

Callista
Veteran
Veteran

20 Jan 2013, 10:20 pm

That does happen to some people. It is a matter of muscle control, probably. But--take her to a doctor.

There are pads she can put in her underwear to avoid wetting her pants. She's ten, so she'll have her first period soon and have to use pads (or tampons) anyway... so, you know, it's nothing she can't handle.

Autism Memorial:
http://autism-memorial.livejournal.com

Ettina
Veteran
Veteran

21 Jan 2013, 10:41 am

The technical term for this is stress incontinence.

It's usually caused by weak bladder muscles.

mljt
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

21 Jan 2013, 10:49 am

Definitely take her to the doctor. It sounds like bladder weakness, particularly if she didn't have the problem before and now suddenly does.

tamshark
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

24 Jan 2013, 10:26 am

Thank you for the input. We have a Dr. appt on Tuesday. She's very nervous and apprehensive, so we've been discussing what can possibly happen at the appt. Which I hope is not much more than an information session. I would not want her put through a bunch of urological procedures.

Mirror21
Veteran
Veteran

24 Jan 2013, 7:55 pm

Well wetting yourself as a woman, due to excessive laughter and even intercourse is not unfeasible. Females have shorter urethra than men and a uterus on top of the bladder so a lot of agitation in the abdominal area can cause pee trickling, all the way to actual peeing. I sure have done it myself.