Page 4 of 5 [ 67 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Cold Climate Weather (ie. NY MT) Vs Warm Climate Weather (FL, CA)
Cold weather is fine with me i prefer it 44%  44%  [ 45 ]
Warm weather is fine with me i prefer it 41%  41%  [ 42 ]
I don't care weather doesn't affect me at all 1%  1%  [ 1 ]
i like Both types of weather and can deal with it 15%  15%  [ 15 ]
Total votes : 103

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

20 Jan 2020, 3:35 am

^^^ some people like it bone-dry [arizona and other deserty places], some like it humid [louisiana, DC], some like it baking hot [texas, AZ]. some like it consistently [at least until climate change] frigid, such as north alaska/yukon territory. the OP could have added those to his poll.

Jakki
Veteran
Veteran

20 Jan 2020, 3:52 am

find it overall easier to function in the cold if am being physical . and yes to the fewer bugs issues.

where ever you go ,there you are

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

20 Jan 2020, 3:54 am

^^^i WISH there were fewer bugs in my neck of the woods, the blightin' ants [big@$$ed black ones] are invading my peace here.

Jakki
Veteran
Veteran

21 Jan 2020, 2:56 pm

auntblabby wrote:
^^^i WISH there were fewer bugs in my neck of the woods, the blightin' ants [big@$$ed black ones] are invading my peace here.

just want to offer experience with Ants..... about ongoing assaults that last 2 years have calmed down ..Use of common liquid dishsoap seems to have repeated discouraged/ eliminated , their interest in my kitchen. a liberally spread line along places they have been accustom to developing paths into . Been using ajax but , i believe any liquid dishsoap would suffice .
Just a quick easy economical answer ..and avoiding exposing oneself to ant poisons .

where ever you go ,there you are

novart
Butterfly
Butterfly

21 Jan 2020, 5:24 pm

Dry, hot weather is usually something that is an endurance test, but cold and/or humid weather feels like it changes me, even down to the subtle perception of things (don't know how to describe it).

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

21 Jan 2020, 8:33 pm

Jakki wrote:
auntblabby wrote:

just want to offer experience with Ants..... about ongoing assaults that last 2 years have calmed down ..Use of common liquid dishsoap seems to have repeated discouraged/ eliminated , their interest in my kitchen. a liberally spread line along places they have been accustomed to developing paths into . Been using ajax but , i believe any liquid dishsoap would suffice .
Just a quick easy economical answer ..and avoiding exposing oneself to ant poisons .

thank you :heart: i will add that to my bug-blasting armamentarium :bounce:

Magna
Veteran
Veteran

21 Jan 2020, 9:12 pm

I prefer cool to cold temperatures. I function best when the outside temperature is between 45-70 degrees Fahrenheit (7-21 degrees Celsius) and no humidity. If it's very humid out my body can't cool itself and I overheat quickly.

That being said, I'm getting sick of winters that can last for seven months or more. I'm contemplating moving somewhere warmer. I've been thinking of states like Tennessee, Kentucky, Arkansas or Texas. However, disadvantages I see would be more insect pests, potentially extreme heat. Crime rates seem to be higher from the stats I've been looking at as well.

So maybe I'll just stay where I'm at and end up dying here?

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

21 Jan 2020, 9:37 pm

^^^i think you might consider giving Sequim [western washington] a go.

Magna
Veteran
Veteran

21 Jan 2020, 10:18 pm

auntblabby wrote:

It sounds and looks like a dream come true. Home prices are much higher than where I live now. I wouldn't have a problem living in a 6,000-7,000 population town provided it would be in relatively short driving distance (30 mins or less) from a larger city. Sequim seems to be isolated from anything larger.

Climate wise, it absolutely does seem perfect for me. Thanks for the suggestion, Blabby. I'd welcome any others you might have.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

21 Jan 2020, 10:27 pm

Magna wrote:
auntblabby wrote:

It sounds and looks like a dream come true. Home prices are much higher than where I live now. I wouldn't have a problem living in a 6,000-7,000 population town provided it would be in relatively short driving distance (30 mins or less) from a larger city. Sequim seems to be isolated from anything larger. Climate wise, it absolutely does seem perfect for me. Thanks for the suggestion, Blabby. I'd welcome any others you might have.

sequim's about a half-hour drive from port angeles which is larger. outside of sequim, the real estate prices are lower.

Dylanperr
Veteran
Veteran

22 Jan 2020, 2:24 am

auntblabby wrote:
Magna wrote:
auntblabby wrote:

It sounds and looks like a dream come true. Home prices are much higher than where I live now. I wouldn't have a problem living in a 6,000-7,000 population town provided it would be in relatively short driving distance (30 mins or less) from a larger city. Sequim seems to be isolated from anything larger. Climate wise, it absolutely does seem perfect for me. Thanks for the suggestion, Blabby. I'd welcome any others you might have.

sequim's about a half-hour drive from port angeles which is larger. outside of sequim, the real estate prices are lower.

Do you like the weather in the place you live?

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

22 Jan 2020, 2:29 am

Dylanperr wrote:
auntblabby wrote:
Magna wrote:
auntblabby wrote:

i much prefer it to the other places i've been [AZ, Northern VA, Texas, South Carolina, Florida]. it is on the whole a temperate environment compared to those other places. not too hot or cold, mostly goldilocks :sunny: how 'bout you, do you like your area?

Dylanperr
Veteran
Veteran

22 Jan 2020, 2:34 am

auntblabby wrote:
Dylanperr wrote:
auntblabby wrote:
Magna wrote:
auntblabby wrote:

i much prefer it to the other places i've been [AZ, Northern VA, Texas, South Carolina, Florida]. it is on the whole a temperate environment compared to those other places. not too hot or cold, mostly goldilocks :sunny: how 'bout you, do you like your area?

I love the weather in my area I am in Orange County the only thing I have to complain about it is that it would be the lack of seasons, snow, and rain.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

22 Jan 2020, 2:36 am

Dylanperr wrote:
I love the weather in my area I am in Orange County the only thing I have to complain about it is that it would be the lack of seasons, snow, and rain.

does it ever get too hot for you? AZ was like a sauna on overdrive, DC and san antonio were like steam baths.

EzraS
Veteran
Veteran

22 Jan 2020, 6:14 am

Cold crisp cool weather is my preference.

Edna3362
Veteran
Veteran

22 Jan 2020, 7:32 am

I grew up and brought up from the tropics. So I'd choose the warm climate.

And I mean warm, I mean higher than 26°C or 78°F. Anywhere lower than that would be quite chilly, though I'd be fine still.
Anywhere less than 24°C/75°F is cold, colder... I may not able to get accustomed so easily.

Lose more time here - Updates at least once a week.