Page 2 of 5 [ 67 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Cold Climate Weather (ie. NY MT) Vs Warm Climate Weather (FL, CA)
Cold weather is fine with me i prefer it 44%  44%  [ 45 ]
Warm weather is fine with me i prefer it 41%  41%  [ 42 ]
I don't care weather doesn't affect me at all 1%  1%  [ 1 ]
i like Both types of weather and can deal with it 15%  15%  [ 15 ]
Total votes : 103

Ai_Ling
Veteran
Veteran

26 Jan 2013, 2:54 pm

I grew up in Hawaii where the climate is very warm all year around. But then my body has a better tolerance to coldness then your average person so I'd have to say moderate. I've only been exposed to cold weather very seldomly which I didnt have much trouble getting though. I remember my first yr of college, I had a better tolerance to the colder weather then the other people from hawaii who were freezing by Oct. I've walked around in shorts a few occasions below 50. And thats a really big deal when you grew up in a climate that seldomly goes below 60.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

27 Jan 2013, 5:39 am

^^^
warm weather would be preferable if it were cool[er].

howzat
Veteran
Veteran

27 Jan 2013, 10:05 am

I like all types of different weather anything from cold to hot also including mild weather too.

eric76
Veteran
Veteran

27 Jan 2013, 9:44 pm

When I was a kid, I'd sleep with my window open. Even in the winter when it was twenty degrees Fahrenheit, or lower, at night.

The house had one small gas heater in the living room. My room upstairs was usually pretty cold in the winter anyway. And we'd shut it off at night because it could go out and then come back on (the gas was from a well on the property) and the whole house could have been destroyed in an explosion. So as long as I closed my bedroom door, leaving the window open didn't make much overall difference in the house.

As much as I liked to sleep with it being that cold, it made getting up in the morning, getting dressed, and running downstairs to stand in front of the gas stove in the living room pretty miserable.

eric76
Veteran
Veteran

27 Jan 2013, 9:49 pm

Mummy_of_Peanut wrote:
I much prefer the cold to the heat. Just now, it's about 0 C. With a warm coat and a pair of gloves, I'm perfectly happy. But, there's no wind, which would make it less pleasant for me. In the west of Scotland, we rarely get temperatures in the summer above 20 C, never above 30 C. So, I have to go abroad to experience it. I hate it when it gets above about 25 C, so would only go to the Med, etc, in the spring or autumn.

Just out of curiosity, does the the wearing of kilts decline dramatically in the Scottish winters?

Raptor
Veteran
Veteran

27 Jan 2013, 10:05 pm

I can deal with a variety of weather.
I don't mind very cold or even arctic like weather but on the other hand I don't want it to be snowing in May and I've dealt with that before.
I can deal with blistering hot, too, but it gets old when it's still hot when it should be getting cold and I've dealt with that, too.
I like all four seasons because each one is unique and special in its own way.

eric76
Veteran
Veteran

27 Jan 2013, 10:37 pm

If I had the money to retire to anywhere I want in the world and could get permission to move there where necessary, nearly every place has a relatively cool climate -- that is, no blistering heat and no really bad cold. Mainly in the 0 to 25 degree Centigrade (32 to 77 degree Fahrenheit) range.

One of the few exceptions would be Sitka, Alaska where it gets colder than that in the winter.

Webalina
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jan 2013, 10:48 pm

auntblabby wrote:
swamp coolers and air conditioners are the greatest inventions of all time :hail:

The first time -- I was in Colorado at the time -- I ever heard of humidifiers, I found the idea insane. Growing up on the Gulf Coast, just about the most humid part of the US of A, I couldn't imagine that people would actually WANT humidity! But I agree with the A/C comment -- I should thank baby Jesus every day from Easter to Halloween for air conditioning.

EstherJ
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jan 2013, 11:40 pm

I NEED it hot.

I have Raynaud's so the cold really gets to me.
I get much more over-stimulated in cold weather, and it's painful.

MrStewart
Veteran
Veteran

30 Jan 2013, 12:10 am

I prefer cooler, but not COLD, temperatures. Right around +10 C with overcast sky is my favorite. Cool enough to need a light jacket.

What's more important to me, whether warm or cold, is consistency. That is something of a problem for my location. Constantly changing weather. It drives me crazy. For instance, yesterday was a little above 0 C and sunny. Today was -24 C and windy, cloudy then sunny then cloudy again. Tomorrow will be about -10 C. It is an issue with living in close proximity to Rocky Mountain range.

emimeni
Veteran
Veteran

30 Jan 2013, 12:17 am

Being cold is a stim for me. I love it! I get a rash whenever my skin gets hot. I figured out in the 9th grade it has nothing to do with the sun when I sat in a packed gym for an assembly and got the rash.

Dylanperr
Veteran
Veteran

15 May 2019, 11:28 am

I have been very interested in different types of climates. For weather I like many and all types of weather. I like cold and hot weather but I mostly prefer cold weather because it makes me feel a little happier and 0 degrees celsius can still be t shirt weather for me. I love sunlight but not too much of it. I love sunlight but not too much of it I like a sunny half and a cloudy half of the year in a climate. My favourite climate types would be Oceanic (Cfb) and Warm Summer Continental Climate (Dfb) koppen climates because they are very seasonal and I love the change of season.

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

15 May 2019, 12:20 pm

I like the colder weather. Especially in the winter when it snows.

treefiddy
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

16 May 2019, 4:05 am

When it's either really cold or really hot, it's like torture for me.
I would love to live in a place where the weather is always like a summer evening. Summer evenings are the best - warm but without the sun beating down on you.

livingwithautism
Veteran
Veteran

16 May 2019, 5:22 pm

I like weather in the 60s or below. I also like summer evenings.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

16 May 2019, 7:12 pm

i wish the poll had more options. :|