Page 1 of 1 [ 4 posts ] 

Summer_Twilight
Veteran
Veteran

24 Jan 2013, 12:34 pm

Hi,
I was just wondering when bumping into certain people who have negative vibes about them cause you to feel tired and run down?

It happened to me yesterday when I bumped into that someone with that personality after a long time no see. Being around them felt depressing. I only saw them for 15 minutes. So, when we parted ways, I found that I was suddenly really tired and did not want to do anything but loaf around for the rest of the day after I had gotten home.

Is this a sign of feeling drained after being around certain people who are depressed themselves?

aspiemike
Veteran
Veteran

24 Jan 2013, 1:21 pm

I have left places where there were depressing people around and didn't want to do much when I left. So yes, a bad vibe can drain you. People usually leave these kind of people out of their life and behind them.

Summer_Twilight
Veteran
Veteran

24 Jan 2013, 5:32 pm

This was one of those situations where the other person where there was any self-motivation to them, period. They really are not willing to make an effort on their own behalf which makes things really depressing.

I also felt that talking to this person and their mother to be really awkward. I mean, it felt more like a hi/bye situation.

novastar369
Butterfly
Butterfly

02 Feb 2013, 8:05 pm

I've actually found that bubbly, outgoing people can be far more draining than melancholy types! I get bored if people just talk at me non stop, that to me is tiring!

I have quite severe depression but I don't let it show overtly, I don't think people can tell from a casual conversation.