New here, dad of most interesting person on the planet...

Page 1 of 1 [ 5 posts ] 

lattes
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

24 Jan 2013, 4:24 pm

First off, yes he is the most interesting person on the planet so don't try to convince me otherwise.

My youngest son was diagnosed nearly a year ago with 'high functioning aspergers' he is now 6 and we were lucky enough to get him into a great program through the school board.

Like any family we have our trials but I don't think that aspergers is any kind of 'root' we just have different problems. Our older son is a 'normal' and although I wouldn't want him to know I say it, he is harder to parent.

I am sure I will have lots of questions and be on here pleading for help from time to time but for now just wanted to say hi! :)

Tim_Tex
Veteran
Veteran

24 Jan 2013, 4:26 pm

Welcome to WP!

Now proficient in ChatGPT!

hyksos55
Veteran
Veteran

24 Jan 2013, 4:29 pm

lattes wrote:
Our older son is a 'normal' and although I wouldn't want him to know I say it, he is harder to parent.

I hear you. I got two boys the oldest is as NT as you can be, the youngest although not diagnose yet with AS is a lot easier to parent. My oldest is a good kid though.

So welcome to WP.

Inkarna
Butterfly
Butterfly

24 Jan 2013, 5:44 pm

Hi I'm also new here. I like your attitude, you can have the most interesting Aspie but mine's the most awesome Autie :wink:

I have my 4yr old son with ASD who once we survived the 2-3's has been a pleasure. Not easy by any means BUT we have a great 'working relationship' now and I love his new interest in old school transformers - getting to relive my childhood.

My NT 2 yr old daughter however is a whole other story. Though I am not 100% sure she will be deemed NT at school age she is currently that much more 'normal'. I personally will take a meltdown over a tantrum any day. Freaking out over stimulated kid who is just reacting is much better than a manipulative diva putting it on because I wont give her a biscuit. That being said she is still little and I'm sure she will grow out of it just fine.

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

25 Jan 2013, 7:38 pm

Welkome to WP

MickImage