Page 1 of 1 [ 10 posts ] 

luvsterriers
Veteran
Veteran

24 Jan 2013, 9:57 pm

Any ladies here either has acne or rosacea? If so what powder do you use? I like ones with SPF. I remember seeing Cover Girl had compact powders for acne prone skin but I don't see them anymore. I was thinking Cover Girl or maybe Maybelline. Clinique doesn't seem to have powers for acne prone skin.

If you're not happy with yourself, you'll never be happy with somebody else. (Don Omar)

heatherbk
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

24 Jan 2013, 10:25 pm

I use powder to set my liquid foundation and I use Estee Lauder Double Wear, good for covering up acne scars and has SPF.
Rimmel Stay Matte Powder does the job and is cheap.
Maybelline Loose Mineral Powder is good for controlling oil and has buildable coverage.
You will need a separate brush for this one, the one that comes with it doesn't work.
MAC 187duo fiber brush is good but is expensive. Good investment to buy one though.
If you're really oily I recommend MAC blotting powder to set the foundation in place.

JellyCat
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

25 Jan 2013, 4:03 am

I have acne.
I use Bare Minerals :). I know that at-least some of them have SPF.
They're very good for acne prone skin, the powder even helps out some peoples acne.

Mummy_of_Peanut
Veteran
Veteran

25 Jan 2013, 9:16 am

I don't have acne, but I would recommend you use a more natural product, one that doesn't clog the skin. I use Lily Lolo, which has an SPF of 15. The finish is amazing (I get comments about it) and it's inexpensive, even for a mineral make-up. I have a few blemishes and get the odd spot. The concealer really does the trick for those.

MakaylaTheAspie
Veteran
Veteran

Location: O'er the land of the so-called free and the home of the self-proclaimed brave. (Oregon)

25 Jan 2013, 1:22 pm

I have mild rosacea on my face, and extreme all over my limbs. Usually I get comments that I look sunburned.

I use bare minerals for it, because I can just put it on and forget about it and not risk having any more acne than I have to. :lol: I'm not too prone to acne, though. I usually get some breakouts here and there. Showering regularly is more than enough to compensate for me.

LovingTheAlien
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

25 Jan 2013, 2:34 pm

You can check out Jane Iredale. Her products are supposed to be good for sensitive skin. Dermalogica too.

Kinme
Veteran
Veteran

25 Jan 2013, 4:40 pm

I have acne, but I use coconut oil and it has cleared up ALL of my acne. It clears it up within a day when I do get acne.

Catharascotia
Raven
Raven

26 Jan 2013, 1:28 am

I have a fair amount of redness in my face (not sure if it's rosacea), and I use MAC BB Cream--a bit pricy, but it does a very good job of evening out my skin while still looking natural. Also MAC foundation powder. I went to the MAC counter at Macy's and got them to choose the color for me.

curlyfry
Veteran
Veteran

28 Jan 2013, 6:48 pm

I prefer witch hazel to clean and lotion to moisturize. Don't forget to wash and moisturize before bed. I use covergirl foundation. I don't spend a lot on makeup because it makes my face itch.

Schneekugel
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jan 2013, 7:43 am

I got rid of my acne by not using any make up and instead a cream, that inherits Aloe Vera (works in natural way against smaller infection) and bee propolis extract (stuff that bees produce to protect their homes against bacterias).

All other stuff never really worked, or felt bad on my skin.