Men, Women - how easy is it for you to find dates?

Page 2 of 4 [ 52 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

How easy is it for you to find dates/relationships?
MALE - quite easy, get regular dates or found LTR without much trouble 6%  6%  [ 5 ]
MALE - so-so, I get dates once in a while 15%  15%  [ 13 ]
MALE - rare to never, only when the planets align just right! 52%  52%  [ 45 ]
FEMALE - quite easy, get regular dates or found LTR without much trouble 5%  5%  [ 4 ]
FEMALE - so-so, I get dates once in a while 7%  7%  [ 6 ]
FEMALE - rare to never, only when the planets align just right! 15%  15%  [ 13 ]
Total votes : 86

ChekaMan
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

27 Jan 2013, 11:16 pm

If I find someone the person is online and abroad.

combatcupcake
Butterfly
Butterfly

27 Jan 2013, 11:21 pm

I use online exclusively (too shy to approach girls in person, mostly do to having no clue if we have anything in common or if they have any interest in me).
So I can usually get dates when girls respond to my messages and it gets to that point. I've even had 4 in a week once.
The problem is i rarely get a 2nd date. I think it might go well, but they don't seem to have any interest in me once we meet.

yellowtamarin
Veteran
Veteran

27 Jan 2013, 11:38 pm

ruckus wrote:
I voted "so-so". I'm able to get dates semi-regularly but those dates don't necessarily lead to anything due to disinterest from either party. I've only had two long-term relationships and neither were with my preferred gender.

Same as this basically, except I don't have a preferred gender.

BlueMax
Veteran
Veteran

28 Jan 2013, 1:46 am

yellowtamarin wrote:

You'd think with double the dating pool, one would have better odds. :(

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

28 Jan 2013, 2:11 am

BlueMax wrote:
yellowtamarin wrote:

She's certainly doing better than others (she has double the choices), but she's double-picky too.

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

28 Jan 2013, 2:14 am

BlueMax wrote:
The_Face_of_Boo wrote:
This poll is very very subjective, it's useless.

I disagree - but you can always make your own poll looking for specific numbers. This is more of a "relative satisfaction" thing. Some people may only want one date a year and respond with a so-so or something.... I could almost rephrase as "do you find it problematic or not?"

Thank you for the votes and comments, folks!

The people who are wanting one date a year yet respond so-so are just fooling themselves! They wouldn't be realistic.

Adam82
Veteran
Veteran

28 Jan 2013, 2:26 am

Never had one in my life

yellowtamarin
Veteran
Veteran

28 Jan 2013, 4:14 am

The_Face_of_Boo wrote:
BlueMax wrote:
yellowtamarin wrote:

She's certainly doing better than others (she has double the choices), but she's double-picky too.

Yeah it is usually lack of interest on my part. And it isn't double the dating pool anyway - I don't date straight women :P

Stalk
Veteran
Veteran

28 Jan 2013, 4:21 am

I wonder how small the dating pool becomes when the men has to be bi too :roll:

Schneekugel
Veteran
Veteran

28 Jan 2013, 4:28 am

billiscool wrote:
another question is: what do people consider dates to be anyways?
so for a date to count you have to go out to dinner?
going to the movies?

A date is for me a meeting with a men, that is socially interested in meeting with me. If Its a movie evening at home, visiting a museum/Renaissance park, cinema, having a bicycle tour, whatever ist not of interest for me. Its a meeting with a men I am not yet in an relationship, with the meaning to spend time with him to know him better.

Having a meeting with a men, thats just interested in saving the money for the prostitute, is not a date. So I am always whondering when people say, that Aspiegirls have it so much easier. Sure, there are lots of men that are to greedy to pay the prostitute. But calling that a date, is a bad joke.

KaffyJane
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

28 Jan 2013, 4:52 am

I've been a handful of dates and I haven't been on one for about 4years and I've never been in a relationship.

supguysfriedchicken
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

28 Jan 2013, 4:58 am

I found to be writing two term papers in one week my junior year of college to be easier than to talk to a girl in a non-professional setting, much less trying to get a date with her.

By any criteria of dates, I have still not had my first date, or even my first hanging out with a girl, yet.

AQ Test 43/50

yellowtamarin
Veteran
Veteran

28 Jan 2013, 5:25 am

billiscool wrote:
another question is: what do people consider dates to be anyways?
so for a date to count you have to go out to dinner?
going to the movies? - No, you can date anywhere, anyhow.
do you have to ask ''let go on a date'' or can ''let hangout'' count - "Let's hang out" could count if the intention is still romantic, and both parties are aware of this.
and seem that some women here will say ''they went on one date, and didn't work out''
but is really a ''date'', so If I had dinner once with a girl, would that count as a date. - That sounds like a date.
so the two girls I've been hanging out with the last couple of weeks, does that count
as a date. - No idea, depends if you were hanging out with the intention of seeing if you are romantically compatible.

what about guys who going on these ''dates'' with their quasi girlfriends (friendzone)
does that count as a date - Sounds like they were hanging out with a friend, not dating.

so a woman mets a guys online, and plan to met for dinner and she mets the guys
and the guys a complete weirdo, and dates is a disaster does that count as a date. - Yes

or do dates have to be plan. Let say you met a girl or guy at a resturant. you just know the time they are there.
so without plan you met them at their usual time, so would that count as a date. (no pre plan) - No, that just sounds like spontaneously having dinner together.

let say you meet a guy or girl for a date but half way threw the date. the guy or girl become means and you lose interest does that count as a date - Yes

does dates only count if the person agree to be your bf or gf - No

I've given my responses to your queries above. Just my opinion though, others would probably have different opinions.

IMO it's a date if you meet up with the purpose of getting to know each other on a romantic level. That doesn't mean that both parties are always on the same page - if it isn't made clear, one person might think it is a date and the other might not. The difference between the two approaches is that one person is looking to see if they are attracted to the other (or already is and is attempting to take things further), while the other is simple catching up with a friend and not considering anything more than that.

Philosoraptor
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

28 Jan 2013, 11:30 am

Male - Rare to never

Dating has never been a priority to me at this stage of my life (I'm just finishing college). Now that I'm close to graduation and have a job lined up, I probably ought to shift gears. I have wished that perhaps a girl would ask me out, and I'd probably accept the date, but I haven't cared enough to seek out dates myself. And people of my age, girls included, seem way too petty and immature for me to even stand being in a relationship.

MXH
Veteran
Veteran

28 Jan 2013, 1:21 pm

i put rare to never. though considering i dont ask girls out its a expected asnwer

rabbittss
Veteran
Veteran

28 Jan 2013, 1:36 pm

will see this fall. I'm gonna be in a brand new town with a school and downtown area, and will not be tainted by stuff people have said about me for the last 15 years... I hope it will be easier.. but chances are I'll still be running into the same "hook up" culture which is so pervasively annoying to me here.