Anyone interested in making video games?

Page 1 of 2 [ 30 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

Yuugiri
Veteran
Veteran

27 Jan 2013, 12:40 am

Not sure if this belongs here, but it seemed a better fit than the video games subforum, since this is actually talking about the creation aspect of it.

So, is anyone here interested in video game making? Design, art, programming, writing... personally, I'm more of a designer/writer. I've come up with too many ideas to keep track of (not exagerrating, I'm currently trying to archive every idea that I've ever recorded, but it's taking me a while, as I've got bins and bins of papers to scrounge through), and I haven't finished a single one. orz

1000Knives
Veteran
Veteran

27 Jan 2013, 12:54 am

I'm not interested enough to learn coding.

J-P
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

27 Jan 2013, 12:54 am

Yuugiri wrote:
Not sure if this belongs here, but it seemed a better fit than the video games subforum, since this is actually talking about the creation aspect of it.

So, is anyone here interested in video game making? Design, art, programming, writing... personally, I'm more of a designer/writer. I've come up with too many ideas to keep track of (not exagerrating, I'm currently trying to archive every idea that I've ever recorded, but it's taking me a while, as I've got bins and bins of papers to scrounge through), and I haven't finished a single one. orz

I try to learn C++ for that reason and yes that in my future projects same if need to have much better C++ skills. Design also interessed me. I have an acceptable to good knowledge in RPG games

MrBackward
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

27 Jan 2013, 1:14 am

I love making video games and I have finished a few over my time.
I am not skilled at drawing or programing so I use gamemaker or RPG maker.
Both allow me to let my imagination run wild dispite my lack of gamemaking know how.

redrobin62
Veteran
Veteran

27 Jan 2013, 1:50 am

For a while I was interested in providing music/sound design for video games. I even created a demo reel and sent it out to companies like Big Fish and Activision. It seemed like it would've been easier to just hook up with some guys from a college who were a fledgling company. Oh well.

Ganondox
Veteran
Veteran

27 Jan 2013, 2:08 am

I'v made several video games in Flash and a few in Java and HTML5.

Through other people's eyes

Autism FAQs http://www.wrongplanet.net/postt186115.html

ruckus
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

27 Jan 2013, 3:30 am

I've had an interest in game design in the past and always spent the most time focusing on the artistic elements, and since then it has developed into an interest in interactive art in general. I'd like like to make simple, one or two button games that are more about exploring an environment and instilling a certain emotion in the player rather than anything approaching a solid narrative. There have been a number of games similar to this popping up in recent years which is very exciting to me, it's fantastic to see game design become so accessible to the average person and I'd really like to see more artists (and people who don't necessarily play games at all) take advantage of this as an interactive medium. The possibilities are endless!

Zokk
Veteran
Veteran

27 Jan 2013, 4:29 am

I have an interest in game design, myself. I'm a prolific writer and a compulsive storyteller, and I like the idea of having some of the stories I come up with have interactivity on the part of the audience. I've sent samples of my work off to Zombie Studios in Seattle, who're looking for a game writer, but I haven't heard anything back yet. I have ideas in development, right now: one is a third person sci-fi stealth-action RPS, and the other is an open-world first-person science-fantasy adventure game.

I already know I don't have the patience for coding, or enough artistic talent to be a 3D modeler.

Yuugiri
Veteran
Veteran

27 Jan 2013, 1:41 pm

Wow, so many replies! 0:

Man, with this many people, we could start a game studio ourselves, lol.

J-P
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

27 Jan 2013, 3:22 pm

Yuugiri wrote:
Wow, so many replies! 0:

Man, with this many people, we could start a game studio ourselves, lol.

I'm the only that answer about programming lol but game desing would be awesome for me. Have my own studio is an dream

ruckus wrote:
I've had an interest in game design in the past and always spent the most time focusing on the artistic elements, and since then it has developed into an interest in interactive art in general. I'd like like to make simple, one or two button games that are more about exploring an environment and instilling a certain emotion in the player rather than anything approaching a solid narrative. There have been a number of games similar to this popping up in recent years which is very exciting to me, it's fantastic to see game design become so accessible to the average person and I'd really like to see more artists (and people who don't necessarily play games at all) take advantage of this as an interactive medium. The possibilities are endless!

and yes players emotions is very important in video games

Sanctus
Veteran
Veteran

27 Jan 2013, 3:45 pm

I can write code in C++, C#, Java and stuff like HTML and various script languages. I'm more interested in the design process though: the gameplay mechanics, the setting, the characters... actually, that's what I want to do as a job.

Yuugiri
Veteran
Veteran

27 Jan 2013, 4:00 pm

Sanctus wrote:
I can write code in C++, C#, Java and stuff like HTML and various script languages. I'm more interested in the design process though: the gameplay mechanics, the setting, the characters... actually, that's what I want to do as a job.

Hehe, that's sort of like me, except I'd also like a hand in the script. C:

...So, what if we actually all got together and made a game? Anyone interested? >.> <.<

Sanctus
Veteran
Veteran

27 Jan 2013, 4:04 pm

Yuugiri wrote:
Sanctus wrote:

Hehe, that's sort of like me, except I'd also like a hand in the script. C:

...So, what if we actually all got together and made a game? Anyone interested? >.> <.<

I think it would be very difficult to agree on a genre, left alone a story. :wink:

Yuugiri
Veteran
Veteran

27 Jan 2013, 4:40 pm

Sanctus wrote:
I think it would be very difficult to agree on a genre, left alone a story. :wink:

Maybe we could do a sort of open-source project where you just add whatever the hell you want? Like a wiki, except with lower standards! :'D

AScomposer13413
Veteran
Veteran

27 Jan 2013, 5:09 pm

I wouldn't mind pitching in music/sound editing skills if needed :)

Then I have done my job

J-P
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

28 Jan 2013, 12:37 pm

As i'm still an beginner programmer i can maybe help in a way for easy coding part and help me to take somes coding experiences or i can try to be there for brainstorming

EDIT: i also can translate from English to French if needed an multi language program