Newbie looking for much needed support

Page 1 of 1 [ 6 posts ] 

circa1981
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

27 Jan 2013, 4:39 pm

I was diagnosed with Aspergers, along with many other neurological disorders at a young age. I'm 31, and now my life is at a crossroads. I've lived with my parents my whole life, but after many years o struggling to live peaceably with my mom, I have been forced to leave her; we just can't communicate with each other anymore. I have no jobs or qualifications, money or a driver's license. I'm staying with my sister family, trying to find a more permanent place to live, and because she lives in the boondocks without any public transportation, I'm sorta stuck in this house. I'm getting along much better with my sister's family, so that's good. But this is a life raft, There's here and then only the streets for me at the moment. I could really use some support from fellow aspies, of which I know none in real life. So don't be shy :)

Mike

redrobin62
Veteran
Veteran

27 Jan 2013, 5:46 pm

I hope things work out for you.

Tim_Tex
Veteran
Veteran

27 Jan 2013, 6:20 pm

Welcome to WP!

Now proficient in ChatGPT!

noxnocturne
Veteran
Veteran

27 Jan 2013, 6:33 pm

Welcome to Wrong Planet! :)

Ramba_Ral
Raven
Raven

27 Jan 2013, 6:41 pm

just doing "chores" around the house for your sister may assist you in finding a path you couldn't think of before. what are you interested in?

emimeni
Veteran
Veteran

27 Jan 2013, 10:14 pm

Hey. I have other neurological diagnosis' too (clinical depression*, ataxic cerebral palsy, ADHD-Primarily inattentive, sensory processing disorder). I also can't live peaceably with my parents. They aren't very accepting or understanding of my needs.

*I know a lot of people think clinical depression isn't neurologically-based ("It's psychological!"), but I think it is.