Page 3 of 3 [ 40 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3

compiledkernel
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

28 Jan 2013, 8:11 pm

Reason: my fairly near eidetic memory.

Drawback: the very same memory. Imagine never being able to forget some of the most horrific experiences of your life. Now Imagine being able to close your eyes and experience it again, say when you experience an emotional trigger. The real horror, the recall of that memory causes you to photographically reprocess it again.

PMs are fine, but my answers are probably going to be weird.

Pabalebo
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

28 Jan 2013, 10:04 pm

I expected there to be some negative responses to this thread... but god damn, people...

Even if someone isn't normally a troll, if they're being negative on a thread that's clearly supposed to be positive, that's trolling, whether intentional or not. Don't feed the trolls.

Anyway....

5.) We won't forget your birthday.

answeraspergers
Veteran
Veteran

28 Jan 2013, 10:14 pm

I look young and good
Im smart
Im athletic

Im also very humble :D

Verdandi
Veteran
Veteran

Location: University of California Sunnydale (fictional location - Real location Olympia, WA)

28 Jan 2013, 11:24 pm

Pabalebo wrote:
I expected there to be some negative responses to this thread... but god damn, people...

Even if someone isn't normally a troll, if they're being negative on a thread that's clearly supposed to be positive, that's trolling, whether intentional or not. Don't feed the trolls.

I don't believe it's possible to be an unintentional troll, and it is possible for reasonable people to disagree. Also:

Quote:
2. Personal attacks.
This includes insinuation, ridicule and personal insults, regardless of whether direct or indirect. Attacking an opinion, belief or philosophy is acceptable, but attacking the person making the comments is not.

AspieOtaku
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jan 2013, 12:53 am

^^^The combination of hyperactivity and rage added with being repetetive can turn an aspie into a rather nasty troll at times. I think there have been times I might be a troll during those times. I do get carried away with stuff at times and feel bad afterwards though.

No matter where I go I will always be a Gaijin even at home. Like Anime? https://kissanime.to/AnimeList

BlueMax
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jan 2013, 2:48 am

Yeah - I'm wired a little differently than average. There are times I wish I was your Average Joe who fit in and got along well with the human herd...

...but I'd miss out on some cool things like my enhanced abilities in art, creativity, music (playback and composition), writing, and understanding of human nature that only comes from being an outside observer "looking in."

I like the pursuit of truth, honesty and goodness. I like striving for excellence instead of "barely passable mediocrity".

My only lament is that if I'd learned how to get along with (and please) other people I might've become what more people would consider a "success", rather than just getting by.

answeraspergers
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jan 2013, 3:52 am

nice post bluemax

compiledkernel
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

29 Jan 2013, 7:46 am

BlueMax wrote:
Yeah - I'm wired a little differently than average. There are times I wish I was your Average Joe who fit in and got along well with the human herd...

...but I'd miss out on some cool things like my enhanced abilities in art, creativity, music (playback and composition), writing, and understanding of human nature that only comes from being an outside observer "looking in."

I like the pursuit of truth, honesty and goodness. I like striving for excellence instead of "barely passable mediocrity".

My only lament is that if I'd learned how to get along with (and please) other people I might've become what more people would consider a "success", rather than just getting by.

Bluemax,

How stoically altruistic of you :).

PMs are fine, but my answers are probably going to be weird.