Page 1 of 1 [ 7 posts ] 

ZombieBrideXD
Veteran
Veteran

28 Jan 2013, 3:36 pm

Lately,since all my friends turned 15, they dont seem to enjoy my company anymore. They never cared about my inappropriateness before, but now it seems like a big deal. I recently threw a birthday party and invited only my closest friends, but they made an excuse not to come. they barely like having a simple conversation with me. i hate it, I HATE IT!! !! !! Has anyone encountered this HORRIBLE FILTHY situation?

TheValk
Veteran
Veteran

28 Jan 2013, 3:42 pm

I think I lost interest in others before others did the same to me.

Rascal77s
Veteran
Veteran

28 Jan 2013, 3:48 pm

ZombieBrideXD wrote:
Lately,since all my friends turned 15, they dont seem to enjoy my company anymore. They never cared about my inappropriateness before, but now it seems like a big deal. I recently threw a birthday party and invited only my closest friends, but they made an excuse not to come. they barely like having a simple conversation with me. i hate it, I HATE IT!! !! !! Has anyone encountered this HORRIBLE FILTHY situation?

Unfortunately you have a developmental disorder that often causes people to mature slower than most people. Purely as an example, while you might still be into pokemon your friends might have moved on to devoting their attention to alcohol and sex.

emimeni
Veteran
Veteran

28 Jan 2013, 4:26 pm

Rascal77s wrote:
Unfortunately you have a developmental disorder that often causes people to mature slower than most people. Purely as an example, while you might still be into pokemon your friends might have moved on to devoting their attention to alcohol and sex.

While that might be a good explanation for their behavior, that hardly excuses their lack of maturity. If they are more mature than she is, clearly they can tolerate somebody different than they are just as well as she can.

To the OP:

Sorry you're going through this. You have a disability that will interfere greatly with this, but when most teenagers go through this, they usually move on to a new group of friends.

Moonranch
Raven
Raven

28 Jan 2013, 5:23 pm

You know, my friendships started to break down around that age too and I never thought it might have something to do with being on the spectrum (though I’m not officially diagnosed yet). It felt like they suddenly didn’t want to be my friends anymore and I had no idea why. Now it kind of makes sense. I’m sorry you’re going through this—it was an extremely tough time for me. I wish I had something useful to say but I had no idea how to deal with it when I was going through it, so I didn’t deal with it. I got some new friends when I went to University. They were a bit older than me and had mature attitudes, so completely accepted me and were patient with my quirks. Maybe things will work out similarly for you, though hopefully sooner.

Rascal77s
Veteran
Veteran

28 Jan 2013, 5:30 pm

emimeni wrote:
Rascal77s wrote:

While that might be a good explanation for their behavior, that hardly excuses their lack of maturity. If they are more mature than she is, clearly they can tolerate somebody different than they are just as well as she can.

I think the fact that they are 15 and going through puberty excuses their lack of maturity.

League_Girl
Veteran
Veteran

28 Jan 2013, 6:09 pm

Once upon a time, kids liked playing with me so they always came to my house, they played with me at school and then 4th grade came, bam kids my age stopped coming over to play, kids at school started to reject me. They were getting older and their social skills were more developed and I was left behind. Being an aspie sucks sometimes, especially when you want to have friends. So you go to the younger kids and play with them and they accept you. Then have your own mother tell you to find kids your own age to play with and you wonder how can you if they don't have anything in common and they don't want to play with you?

I think kids just tolerated me when I was little and then when they reached a certain age, they stopped tolerating me. I think it had to do with puberty. Just like I didn't care I was different and then at age ten I cared and wanted to be normal. I also found out all kids feel that way until they hit puberty and all of a sudden they hate their disability.

Daughter: NT, no diagnoses.