Do you have colour blindness?
Yes 27%  27%  [ 12 ]
No 73%  73%  [ 32 ]
Total votes : 44

chamthabo
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

29 Jan 2013, 12:34 am

I am curious how many aspies have colour blindness and if its prevalence is different from NT's.
I have red-green color blindness. It's hard for me to distinguish between pink and grey, brown and dark green, brow and red, blue and violet, light green and yellow, green and orange, dark red and black.

Last edited by chamthabo on 29 Jan 2013, 2:51 am, edited 1 time in total.

League_Girl
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jan 2013, 12:53 am

No. I can see simple colors. I have mistaken blue for green because of the way it is and it wasn't a simple color. I could have a little in me but I still voted no.

Daughter: NT, no diagnoses.

Raziel
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jan 2013, 12:55 am

I'm not colour blind.

to put in a little red-green colour blind test :D :

Last edited by Raziel on 29 Jan 2013, 2:37 am, edited 1 time in total.

chamthabo
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

29 Jan 2013, 1:39 am

I see nothing

Rascal77s
Veteran
Veteran

Raziel
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jan 2013, 2:53 am

What's very rare and just some ppl know about that it even exists is blue-yellow colour blindness.

I couldn't find any real tests about it on the web.

What I found is:

eric76
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jan 2013, 4:38 am

chamthabo wrote:
I am curious how many aspies have colour blindness and if its prevalence is different from NT's.
I have red-green color blindness. It's hard for me to distinguish between pink and grey, brown and dark green, brow and red, blue and violet, light green and yellow, green and orange, dark red and black.

What possible reason is there to think that the rate of color blindness would differ for people with Autism or Aspergers? Are you wondering if the genes that code for the pigmentation in the eye's photoreceptors have anything to do with Autism or Aspergers? That is hardly likely.

Raziel
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jan 2013, 6:08 am

Raziel wrote:

I can hardly distinguish this (but I can still see it).
It's gray and purple for me.
How do you see it?

Last edited by Raziel on 29 Jan 2013, 6:55 am, edited 2 times in total.

Verdandi
Veteran
Veteran

Location: University of California Sunnydale (fictional location - Real location Olympia, WA)

29 Jan 2013, 6:11 am

Rascal77s wrote:

It says I have a form of red-green colorblindness, but the line is about 40% to the right of "none" and 60% to the left of "mild."

I blame visual snow.

BTDT
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jan 2013, 6:52 am

Never had any problem with the eye tests I've been given.

DanDaMan
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

29 Jan 2013, 6:54 am

Yes i am and have trouble with most colors

b9
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jan 2013, 7:16 am

Raziel wrote:
I'm not colour blind.

to put in a little red-green colour blind test :D :

i thought my color (i natively spell it "colour" but i do get distracted by the zigzagging red underline, so to shut it up, i spell it the american way) discrimination was excellent up until i saw this thread. now i question it.
what i can read in the above picture is

ARIEL
COLOR
ACTIV
SOME
SEE NO
DIFFERENCE (?)
the last 2 lines took me ages to discern. (that is if i am correct)

i will need multiple posts i am afraid because i am not going to lock horns with the smiley data gremlins this evening. i have not the patience.

chlov
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jan 2013, 7:18 am

I'm not color blind, though I was said by a doctor that I am a little blind to red and green. I don't really know, however.

b9
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jan 2013, 7:44 am

Rascal77s wrote:

i can not complete the test. when i get to frame 18 the whole thing falls apart. i can easily see the numbers in the first 17 frames, but when i got to frame 18.....

i had no idea what i was looking at. i can see the difference in color of all the dots, but i can not draw any significant meaning from them.

i then aborted the test and went back to more thoroughly read the rules......

so if i do not see a numeral (a representation of a number (tsk..tsk...tsk)) in the picture, then i am to input how many "lines" i see. it extremely arbitrary to decide how many lines are in an amorphous latticework of randomly connected (or maybe only intersecting) non linear continuities.

how many "lines" are in plate 18? i have no idea, and so i am worried that my color vision is not as good as i thought it was. again i say i can clearly see the color differences between the dots, but i can not make heads or tails of what is supposed to be depicted. a line should be strait, so any "connected set of points" should always have a singular dimensional reality if they can qualify as a line.

a "curvy line" is a fallacy. no lines are anything other than straight, and i can frankly see no "straight lines" in many frames after frame 17.

i decided that my inability to process what is meant by their "colloquial" meaning of the word "line" would negatively impact on whatever score i finally received.

Raziel
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jan 2013, 7:47 am

b9 wrote:
i can not complete the test. when i get to frame 18 the whole thing falls apart. i can easily see the numbers in the first 17 frames, but when i got to frame 18.....

I didn't get it either and left some empty.
It still said that I'm not colourblind, because I had most correct. :lol:

Raziel
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jan 2013, 7:55 am

b9 wrote:
ARIEL
COLOR
ACTIV
SOME
SEE NO
DIFFERENCE (?)