Prominent Muslim calls for rebuilding Solomon's Temple

Page 1 of 1 [ 15 posts ] 

techstepgenr8tion
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jan 2013, 6:28 pm

http://www.letterfromjerusalem.com/?p=158

I've heard there's a museum in Jerusalem that has most of the worship tools and utensils including a redraft of the gold menorah all ready to go. Looks like they might have a proper place to put that to use with Mr. Oktar's encouragement.

Question is will they have any trained Levites ready to go or is this going to be more of a tourist attraction?

CSBurks
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jan 2013, 6:50 pm

Wouldn't they have to tear down the Dome of the Rock, which is at the Temple Mount?

I don't think Muslims would go for that.

techstepgenr8tion
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jan 2013, 7:00 pm

CSBurks wrote:
Wouldn't they have to tear down the Dome of the Rock, which is at the Temple Mount?

Its a moderate Muslim proposing the project, he's trying to get a Muslim/Jewish coalition on the project as he cites that they both share the patriarchs including Solomon and David. Thus the claim would go that its of benefit to both.

CSBurks
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jan 2013, 7:29 pm

techstepgenr8tion wrote:
CSBurks wrote:

Its a moderate Muslim proposing the project, he's trying to get a Muslim/Jewish coalition on the project as he cites that they both share the patriarchs including Solomon and David. Thus the claim would go that its of benefit to both.

I got that, but fundamentalist Muslims won't support that and neither will most devout Frum Jews, as only the Messiah can rebuild and reestablish the temple, from what I've read.

techstepgenr8tion
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jan 2013, 10:10 pm

CSBurks wrote:
I got that, but fundamentalist Muslims won't support that and neither will most devout Frum Jews, as only the Messiah can rebuild and reestablish the temple, from what I've read.

Perhaps he's looking at just how much avarice it takes these days to get a Nobel Peace Prize and he's figuring that imminetizing the eschaton would win him five.

But yeah, I'd believe this guy has it in him to be 'that guy' if he has PLO, IDF, and Hamas roasting marshmallows around a campfire in Gaza singing Kumbaya.

ripped
Veteran
Veteran

30 Jan 2013, 3:55 am

I hope he goes for it. :D

Declension
Veteran
Veteran

30 Jan 2013, 4:54 am

CSBurks wrote:
only the Messiah can rebuild and reestablish the temple, from what I've read.

Interesting. So does that mean that if Mr Oktar succeeds, then he must be the Messiah?

techstepgenr8tion
Veteran
Veteran

30 Jan 2013, 7:41 am

Declension wrote:
CSBurks wrote:
only the Messiah can rebuild and reestablish the temple, from what I've read.

Interesting. So does that mean that if Mr Oktar succeeds, then he must be the Messiah?

They (who believe in such things) believe that before the 7 year tribulation there will be a what I'd call and event dropshadow, ie. rather than something hitting and echoing afterward it will echo its way up into entirety.

I think this guy is just a representative in the third key group - ie. Islam - who is the most pivotal stakeholder (or at least the least likely to let it ever happen). If this guy writes enough Quran education books and keeps putting his sales pitch in to make this once and only variation to the rule of caliphate to move the dome of the rock - he might eventually get enough Muslims romantic to the idea. Will it be him? Probably not, unless something really weird happens really soon. Other than that I think he's just broaching the idea and trying to get enough in the Islamic world to entertain it.

ruveyn
Veteran
Veteran

30 Jan 2013, 8:18 am

CSBurks wrote:

Exactly! It would take an Act of God to destroy the Dome of the Rock. Maybe then, would people consider rebuilding the Beyt Ha Mikdash.

ruveyn

Tequila
Veteran
Veteran

30 Jan 2013, 8:27 am

ruveyn wrote:
Exactly! It would take an Act of God to destroy the Dome of the Rock.

Can't you just imagine how Hamas would react to the news...

techstepgenr8tion
Veteran
Veteran

30 Jan 2013, 9:38 am

Yeah, I don't get it either.

For any Muslim in the middle east, no matter how much political clout they had, to say that they'd bypass the typical rules of caliphate to disassemble and reassemble the dome of the rock in a different part of the temple mount for the sake of rebuilding Solomon's temple. That rule of caliphate has held since the origins of Islam (ie. any church, synagog, or shine of a non-Muslim gets knocked down, a mosque gets built, and that mosque is a permanet holy sight never to be removed). I can't imagine most Sunnis or Shiites getting past 'bypass the rule of caliphate'; there'd be no listening whatsoever beyond that point.

Tequila
Veteran
Veteran

30 Jan 2013, 9:47 am

techstepgenr8tion wrote:
For any Muslim in the middle east, no matter how much political clout they had, to say that they'd bypass the typical rules of caliphate to disassemble and reassemble the dome of the rock in a different part of the temple mount for the sake of rebuilding Solomon's temple. That rule of caliphate has held since the origins of Islam (ie. any church, synagog, or shine of a non-Muslim gets knocked down, a mosque gets built, and that mosque is a permanet holy sight never to be removed).

Apart from when Islamists knock them down. In which case, it's alright and criticism from most Muslims (apart from a few genuine good eggs) is muted.

Last edited by Tequila on 30 Jan 2013, 9:52 am, edited 1 time in total.

techstepgenr8tion
Veteran
Veteran

30 Jan 2013, 9:52 am

Tequila wrote:
techstepgenr8tion wrote:
For any Muslim in the middle east, no matter how much political clout they had, to say that they'd bypass the typical rules of caliphate to disassemble and reassemble the dome of the rock in a different part of the temple mount for the sake of rebuilding Solomon's temple. That rule of caliphate has held since the origins of Islam (ie. any church, synagog, or shine of a non-Muslim gets knocked down, a mosque gets built, and that mosque is a permanet holy sight never to be removed).

Apart from when Islamists knock them down. In which case, it's alright and there's nary a peep from most Muslims.

That puts biblical end-times prophecy in a very strange situation with a strange case. The rebuilding of Solomon's temple and the barriers to it are a bit like one of those specialty security locks where you need two or three people to put their hands to the scanner at the same time to open the door and in this case, being that the Muslims have the high hand on the pendulum (or at least in their willingness to hold the security of Israel hostage) they'd likely have to be the initiating party. I just saw on youtube that there are already priests in training in Jerusalem for the temple so the day that the Muslims should for some reason like the idea (or if they somehow get the idea that it aids their end-times prophecy) it'll not only fly up - many are estimating within a year or two, but everything else including ornaments and priests will be all ready to go at that point.

Magneto
Veteran
Veteran

30 Jan 2013, 10:13 am

I heard somewhere that the location of the (second?) Temple was in a slightly different area to the dome of the rock, so that it wouldn't need to be moved to make room for the Temple.

Although, haven't some suggested building the Temple in Shiloh?

frenchmanflats
Veteran
Veteran

09 Dec 2015, 2:48 am

Many prophets say when the Temple is rebuilt the end-times has arrived.