Page 1 of 3 [ 47 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next

tb86
Veteran
Veteran

30 Jan 2013, 8:54 pm

It is said that disney would release the Star Wars movies "every 2 to 3 years". I assume that would be the other 2 following on from episode VII but does it also mean that disney might make more after episode IX because I think they should just stop after IX and you would have 3 trilogies, original, prequel and sequel. I guess if they made more after episode IX it could be called the threequel trilogy but the more they make these films I don't want the Star Wars films to outlive me. But right now we should just concentrate on the fact that episode VII hasn't been made yet.

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

30 Jan 2013, 9:13 pm

Does anyone know what the new trilogy's storyline would be?

-Bill, otherwise known as Kraichgauer

DeaconBlues
Veteran
Veteran

30 Jan 2013, 9:16 pm

Kraichgauer wrote:

Not yet, and with JJ Abrams attached, we're probably not going to know much until VII is released...

Quatermass
Veteran
Veteran

30 Jan 2013, 11:20 pm

While I am not a Star Wars fan per se, I do feel some apprehension at them deciding to do a new trilogy. But I guess JJ Abrams, having successfully injected new life into the Star Trek franchise, could do it right. He's a good choice.

On sabbatical...

eelektrik
Veteran
Veteran

31 Jan 2013, 1:06 am

DeaconBlues wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:

Not yet, and with JJ Abrams attached, we're probably not going to know much until VII is released...

I honestly hope he is as secretive with this as he is with his other projects and keeps leaks at bay. I have no self control when it comes to Star Wars movie news posts, but it would be nice going in to one and actually not knowing what to expect.

Philosoraptor
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

31 Jan 2013, 11:59 pm

Considering Star Trek (2009) was essentially Star Wars, I'm confident in Abrams' ability to make a solid Star Wars film. I just hope the script he chooses to direct is good.

AnonymousAnonymous
Veteran
Veteran

06 Feb 2013, 7:36 pm

Not to mention, there will be spin-off Star Wars films to be released in between each new movie.

http://www.fandango.com/movieblog/han-s ... 33411.html

http://www.fandango.com/movieblog/disne ... 33364.html

eelektrik
Veteran
Veteran

06 Feb 2013, 7:49 pm

Joe Johnston may yet get to make the Boba Fett movie he has been wanting to make for years.

tb86
Veteran
Veteran

06 Feb 2013, 9:44 pm

AnonymousAnonymous wrote

Quote:
Not to mention, there will be spin-off Star Wars films to be released in between each new movie.

Yeah I read about that hours ago. So I guess there will only just be Episodes VII, VIII & IX and that'll be it and afterwards or inbetween each films there will be solo films sort of like the Puss in Boots movie to the Shrek Quadrilogy.

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

06 Feb 2013, 9:51 pm

AnonymousAnonymous wrote:

http://www.fandango.com/movieblog/han-s ... 33411.html

http://www.fandango.com/movieblog/disne ... 33364.html

I saw the first link said that the Han Solo/Boba Fett spin offs would take place between the original trilogy's episodes, allowing for a possible appearance by the man in black himself... DARTH VADER! I'm as giddy as a school girl!! !! :lol:

SpiderFan14
Raven
Raven

06 Feb 2013, 11:24 pm

I dunno, I'm not too thrilled by Abrams directing the new trilogy. He never did anything I really like outside Fringe and the latest Trek was more akin to Star Wars' OT rebellion spirit than Star Trek's military spirit.

Also something that bugged me about the ST movie; It came off as somewhat unfocused, in particular the scenes at the university. It didn't really go in to Kirk's time there and it felt like he was there a week before going into space. It was very disjointing when the film acted like he was there a month or more when to me it felt like a week. With that in mind the promotion of Kirk's feels very unrewarding including his smug attitude during the Kobiyashu Maru test.

I would rather have someone like Brad Bird or Steven Speilberg (granted he did produce the Transformers movies as well) or some seasoned veteran.

Now here's my other major problem. Fanwank. This article http://www.escapistmagazine.com/article ... n-Sequels# sums up my feelings when fans take over a major property. Much like real life and people who write fanfiction (I'm one of them) is that two nerds are never 100% alike. They're going to have minor to vast differences in opinion regarding certain topics and when you make that the form of a company wide tactic, people will get pissed immediately unless taken in with a strong leadership (If you want examples of these disasters, look at Marvel's "Civil War" or the DC Comics Reboot).

The fanwanking was evident in the prequels when it seemed to be set up to just answer questions no one asked while making an ok story. Remember in the eighties or so when people would say that Darth Vader was bad ass without the irony?

I just don't really feel exuberant over these new sequels nowadays.

AnonymousAnonymous
Veteran
Veteran

07 Feb 2013, 8:21 pm

I'm not a Star Wars fan, but I'm more looking forward to seeing the spin-offs than to seeing the new trilogy.

Hopefully, the studio will hire directors for the spin-offs who will be able to pull it off.

IlovemyAspie
Veteran
Veteran

08 Feb 2013, 12:58 am

I love Star Wars, I love Disney I just don't know if the new movies will be too 'Disneyfied'???

eelektrik
Veteran
Veteran

08 Feb 2013, 1:35 am

IlovemyAspie wrote:
I love Star Wars, I love Disney I just don't know if the new movies will be too 'Disneyfied'???

See, I don't get that complaint. For one, it certainly hasn't happened to Marvel yet.

But look at Lucasfilm pre-Disney anyways. We've already had a Holiday Special. It's already got a ride at Disneyland.

And the games have already hit the lowest point that they probably will ever reach

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lg_FoEy8T_A[/youtube]

Disney might actually be an improvement, if its any change at all. I choose to remain cautiously optimistic.

IlovemyAspie
Veteran
Veteran

08 Feb 2013, 1:42 am

eelektrik wrote:
IlovemyAspie wrote:

See, I don't get that complaint. For one, it certainly hasn't happened to Marvel yet.

But look at Lucasfilm pre-Disney anyways. We've already had a Holiday Special. It's already got a ride at Disneyland.

And the games have already hit the lowest point that they probably will ever reach

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lg_FoEy8T_A[/youtube]

Disney might actually be an improvement, if its any change at all. I choose to remain cautiously optimistic.

I'm optimistic. But as you said cautiously so.

BTW love the ride at Disneyland and the life sized AT AT walker at Magic Kingdom (Disney world) is awesome!! !

Grand_pilot
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

14 Feb 2013, 7:29 pm

Personally i'm just glad there will be more Star Wars movies. Will they be good? I certainly hope so, right now i'm watching the clone wars season 5 and thinking that's just an apetizer to what's comming in a few years.

Also, question for those keeping up with the clone wars: When the series started it felt certain that Ahsoka Tano would die. But with the franchise being renewed is anybody else thinking she might somehow survive order 66 and live to be in the next trilogy?