Page 3 of 5 [ 80 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

goldfish21
Veteran
Veteran

09 Mar 2013, 5:48 am

meems wrote:
Thiiiis x100

I've never come across anyone who is like "I need to share my drugs, you MUST try some..." when people don't want to partake, it's fine, it costs money, it's not something people are usually on a mission to give away. If they offer it, they're probably just trying to be nice.

Agreed, however, I thought it was important that I add this bit in case there are some very highly impressionable people reading this: This is generally true unless the person offering the drugs is a drug dealer and the drug they are offering is highly addictive, ie crystal methamphetamine, heroin, cocaine etc. Then chances are much more likely that they're not just trying to be nice, but rather they're pretending to be nice so that you'll try the drug they sell, become addicted, and then buy it from them as you destroy yourself, your health, your wealth etc with it.

Yes, this is sort of an extreme that doesn't happen to most people - but it's a possibility - sooooo, be smart about anything you do decide to ingest or inhale and be sure that it's not something that's going to mess you up & isn't being offered up as a free sample from a new "friend," who's simply trying to create a new regular customer for the poison they sell.

meems
Veteran
Veteran

09 Mar 2013, 6:08 am

goldfish21 wrote:
meems wrote:
Thiiiis x100

I've never come across anyone who is like "I need to share my drugs, you MUST try some..." when people don't want to partake, it's fine, it costs money, it's not something people are usually on a mission to give away. If they offer it, they're probably just trying to be nice.

Agreed, however, I thought it was important that I add this bit in case there are some very highly impressionable people reading this: This is generally true unless the person offering the drugs is a drug dealer and the drug they are offering is highly addictive, ie crystal methamphetamine, heroin, cocaine etc. Then chances are much more likely that they're not just trying to be nice, but rather they're pretending to be nice so that you'll try the drug they sell, become addicted, and then buy it from them as you destroy yourself, your health, your wealth etc with it.

Yes, this is sort of an extreme that doesn't happen to most people - but it's a possibility - sooooo, be smart about anything you do decide to ingest or inhale and be sure that it's not something that's going to mess you up & isn't being offered up as a free sample from a new "friend," who's simply trying to create a new regular customer for the poison they sell.

Without going into gory detail, yeah, if someone is really pushing you to try something(other than weed or shrooms, pretty much) then I wouldn't give into that pressure, because it's usually no good for you or anyone else around you.

It seems like basic common sense, don't use speed or opiates etc. Don't try anything you haven't got a decent amount of knowledge of etc.

MannyBoo
Veteran
Veteran

09 Mar 2013, 7:17 am

goldfish21 wrote:
I thought it was important that I add this bit in case there are some very highly impressionable people reading this: This is generally true unless the person offering the drugs is a drug dealer and the drug they are offering is highly addictive, ie crystal methamphetamine, heroin, cocaine etc. Then chances are much more likely that they're not just trying to be nice, but rather they're pretending to be nice so that you'll try the drug they sell, become addicted, and then buy it from them as you destroy yourself, your health, your wealth etc with it.

Wise words. This should be framed. :wink:

meems
Veteran
Veteran

09 Mar 2013, 1:07 pm

MannyBoo wrote:
goldfish21 wrote:
I thought it was important that I add this bit in case there are some very highly impressionable people reading this: This is generally true unless the person offering the drugs is a drug dealer and the drug they are offering is highly addictive, ie crystal methamphetamine, heroin, cocaine etc. Then chances are much more likely that they're not just trying to be nice, but rather they're pretending to be nice so that you'll try the drug they sell, become addicted, and then buy it from them as you destroy yourself, your health, your wealth etc with it.

Now I'm curious... are you frequently accosted by drug dealers?

higeyuki
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

10 Mar 2013, 8:08 pm

"In truth, anything you take into your body should be considered a drug, whether it’s obviously nutritious or not. As you will see, even molecules that are clearly nutritious (such as essential amino acids like lysine and tryptophan—available in bulk at your nearest grocery store) exhibit properties that many of us would attribute to a drug."

The foods you eat often affect how your neurons behave and, subsequently, how you think and feel. From your brain’s perspective, food is a drug.

Even the air you breathe contains drugs. If you like psychoactive drugs then awesome, if you don't then just as equally awesome. It's a personal choice.

StitchehVee
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

17 Mar 2013, 11:16 am

I just want to say that marijuana does have healing effects. It's much more than a recreational plant. I smoke it recreational and I'm fine. There are many things it can do. Hemp can be used to make different things. I don't look at it as a drug. I am going to say that I live a somewhat natural lifestyle in that I look at natural ways to heal and I eat organic foods. I don't trust pills because they have additives in them like food coloring and sugar. So many things on our Earth is poisoned because of pollution. I'm just letting you all know my opinion on the whole marijuana thing.

MDD123
Veteran
Veteran

22 Mar 2013, 12:03 am

I don't see why marijuana is the poster child for bad health either. Simple dietary choices can do worse for you, one guy I grew up has to use a scooter to move around, last year I went to the funeral of another guy who died in a diabetic coma, he weighed close to 400lbs and he was younger than me.

OliveOilMom
Veteran
Veteran

22 Mar 2013, 3:33 pm

meems wrote:
MannyBoo wrote:
goldfish21 wrote:

Now I'm curious... are you frequently accosted by drug dealers?

For real, I have never had someone offer me a "free sample" of something just to get me addicted. I've been around people who deal quite a few different kinds of drugs and they don't offer anybody anything for free. There are enough people out there who want what they have, they don't have to create clientele for themselves. It's already there.

I would think that if somebody was offering you something heavy like meth of coke or smack then it's probably because they do it themselves and would feel better about doing it if someone else (like you) were doing it with them. That happens fairly often, although just as many folks will hoard their stash and won't come off a bit of it even if you offer to pay them for it.

I've also heard people warn of "laced pot". Well, let me tell you this, there is weed out there with other stuff in it, but you have to pay extra for that and ask for it. People don't just slip it to you to mess with you, unless it's someone who knows you and wants to either play a joke on you or mess you up. Dealers don't do that because they would be screwing themselves out of their profit.

The link to the forum is http://www.rightplanet.proboards.com

asp123
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

22 Mar 2013, 5:42 pm

I dont smoke, but I just eat it

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

22 Mar 2013, 6:27 pm

^^^
welcome to our cool club 8) marijuana eater :)

BooToMostStuff
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

23 Mar 2013, 9:36 pm

Never smoked it, but If I ever did I'd want to be watching Sesame Street while smoking it.

My Profile: http://www.wrongplanet.net/postp5258469.html#52

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

23 Mar 2013, 11:32 pm

i'd wanna watch Cosmos while high on nitrous. :drunken:

NOC3
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

25 Mar 2013, 3:18 pm

I partake. It is a valuable medicinal plant. Nay-Sayers are fueled by propaganda and bias research. Those fighting for legalization are good people, just a little slow.

Slow and steady wins the race.

Moderation in all things.

Prohibition, it doesn't work.

Meistersinger
Veteran
Veteran

06 May 2013, 7:03 pm

I have no use for cannabis. The only way it should be legal is under an MD's or DO's prescription.

Sweetleaf
Veteran
Veteran

06 May 2013, 7:37 pm

Meistersinger wrote:
I have no use for cannabis. The only way it should be legal is under an MD's or DO's prescription.

Why's that?

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

07 May 2013, 12:59 am

if there were a safe and non-smoky way to partake of the green tabacky, i'd be first in line for the stuff.