Do aspergers often misunderstood as a rude person ?

Page 3 of 3 [ 47 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3

Knofskia
Veteran
Veteran

24 Mar 2016, 5:48 pm

But, people understand that they (1st person) need to have different expectations of others as they (2nd person) age. I just think that some people base their (1st person) expectations of the behavior of others on their (2nd person) chronological age instead of their (2nd person) developmental age, even though these do not necessarily match in people with developmental disorders.

Weak Emerging Social Communicator (The Social Thinking-­Social Communication Profile by Michelle Garcia Winner, Pamela Crooke and Stephanie Madrigal)

"I am silently correcting your grammar." :lol:

Evam
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

29 Mar 2016, 8:51 am

Knofskia wrote:
But, people understand that they (1st person) need to have different expectations of others as they (2nd person) age. I just think that some people base their (1st person) expectations of the behavior of others on their (2nd person) chronological age instead of their (2nd person) developmental age, even though these do not necessarily match in people with developmental disorders.

Yes, you are right. It would indeed be good to consider and treat people who behave badly more like kids.