Zimbabwe government has just US$217 (£138) in its account!

Page 2 of 2 [ 31 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

Tequila
Veteran
Veteran

31 Jan 2013, 6:29 pm

puddingmouse wrote:
I have, it's just so blonde you can't see it.

j/k.

Bloody hell, have your features changed colour since I last saw you? ;)

xenon13
Veteran
Veteran

31 Jan 2013, 10:48 pm

Moreover, the godfather of Austrian economics' fingerprints are all over the failures of the Euro whose failings are clear for all to see.

Dillogic
Veteran
Veteran

31 Jan 2013, 11:01 pm

I have relatives there.

They were forced off their land -- said land was given to the blacks. Said blacks knew nothing of farming and ran it into the ground. The government asked the whites to come back (from South Africa). So much irony.

(When I say "blacks" and "whites", I'm referring to the segregation -- it never leads anywhere good, as you have two groups that don't like one another and no one benefits coming from it. Always good to treat all the same -- it helps so much down the track.)

techstepgenr8tion
Veteran
Veteran

31 Jan 2013, 11:07 pm

Well, at least that $217 is getting KILLER interest!

xenon13
Veteran
Veteran

01 Feb 2013, 2:54 am

Dillogic wrote:
I have relatives there.

They were forced off their land -- said land was given to the blacks. Said blacks knew nothing of farming and ran it into the ground. The government asked the whites to come back (from South Africa). So much irony.

(When I say "blacks" and "whites", I'm referring to the segregation -- it never leads anywhere good, as you have two groups that don't like one another and no one benefits coming from it. Always good to treat all the same -- it helps so much down the track.)

Malawi does a decent job in tobacco farming, having taken Zimbabwe's spot in that market, the leading cash crop. As soon as the Rhodies lost their tobacco farms black Malawi took it up and became a leading tobacco producer. This shows that black people can grow tobacco. The problem became that the market collapsed recently and Malawi's "miracle" evaporated and they reported that when their President recently died that people celebrated that!

Arcanyn
Toucan
Toucan

01 Feb 2013, 3:12 am

$217 should be enough for Mugabe to buy himself another great big cake with.

Tequila
Veteran
Veteran

01 Feb 2013, 3:12 am

xenon13 wrote:
Malawi does a decent job in tobacco farming, having taken Zimbabwe's spot in that market, the leading cash crop. As soon as the Rhodies lost their tobacco farms black Malawi took it up and became a leading tobacco producer. This shows that black people can grow tobacco. The problem became that the market collapsed recently and Malawi's "miracle" evaporated and they reported that when their President recently died that people celebrated that!

It's nothing to do with white or black people. It's to do with the way that people who knew what they were doing with the land were kicked out and the land given to a group of people that didn't know what they were doing and so it perished.

It's the same with anybody.

Last edited by Tequila on 01 Feb 2013, 3:16 am, edited 1 time in total.

Tequila
Veteran
Veteran

01 Feb 2013, 3:13 am

Arcanyn wrote:
$217 should be enough for Mugabe to buy himself another great big cake with.

Perhaps he could get himself a shaver as well, the racist oik.

Moonshine
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

30 Jul 2015, 2:44 am

Tequila wrote:
Quote:
Zimbabwean government bank balance 'down to $217'
  • Finance minister tells journalists some of them have healthier accounts than the state
Two hundred and seventeen US dollars – the equivalent of £138. That is all that remains in the public account of the Zimbabwean government, a bewildered finance minister has announced.

The paltry amount cast doubt over claims of a slow economic recovery and raised fresh questions about the fate of the country's diamond revenues – officials say almost $685m worth were sold last year.

"Last week when we paid civil servants there was $217 [left] in government coffers," Tendai Biti, the finance minster, told journalists in the capital, Harare, on Tuesday, noting that some of them have healthier bank balances than the state. "The government finances are in a paralysis state at the present moment. We are failing to meet our targets."

There's skint and then there is Zimbabwe.

If I'd known Zimbabwe was that poor, I'd have probably donated or 'taken' half of the proceeds from my future lottery win, and put it into habitation for protected species such as Cecil, some guy Palmer has been watching too much Jungle Book and getting off on royalties with a sadist outlook on animal welfare and maybe even poor farmers who do too much not to really overlook such a thing.

"Women are made to be loved, not understood."

ooOoOoOAnaOoOoOoo
Veteran
Veteran

30 Jul 2015, 7:23 am

Moonshine wrote:
If I'd known Zimbabwe was that poor, I'd have probably donated or 'taken' half of the proceeds from my future lottery win, and put it into habitation for protected species such as Cecil, some guy Palmer has been watching too much Jungle Book and getting off on royalties with a sadist outlook on animal welfare and maybe even poor farmers who do too much not to really overlook such a thing.

Here's a recent Time story about this:

How many animals are killed in Zimbabwe each year?

http://time.com/3978116/zimbabwe-cecil- ... er-palmer/

Moonshine
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

31 Jul 2015, 5:23 am

ooOoOoOAnaOoOoOoo wrote:

Seeing as I created that thread and you happened to respond to it, I don’t see why you are posting here telling me about it, also, you could always sponsor a lion, if you felt this personally.

Just a symbol of another ill fated member with shrewd connections

ooOoOoOAnaOoOoOoo
Veteran
Veteran

31 Jul 2015, 7:36 am

Moonshine wrote:
ooOoOoOAnaOoOoOoo wrote:

Seeing as I created that thread and you happened to respond to it, I don’t see why you are posting here telling me about it, also, you could always sponsor a lion, if you felt this personally.

It's related to this topic, you see, because it's how the government gets money. This is one of their industries. Hunting tourism. I thought you should know about it. You seem to take an interest in this subject so I thought I would help out.

Moonshine
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

31 Jul 2015, 10:05 am

ooOoOoOAnaOoOoOoo wrote:
Moonshine wrote:
ooOoOoOAnaOoOoOoo wrote:

It's related to this topic, you see, because it's how the government gets money. This is one of their industries. Hunting tourism. I thought you should know about it. You seem to take an interest in this subject so I thought I would help out.

Hmm, yeah, and I was actually thinking, instead of making things look even more transparent about what you’re up to, I suggest you stop going around calling people POACHERS without actually knowing them.
I know perfectly well which ‘topic’ you are referring to, and I left it as an open ended thread for people to share their thoughts, if you want to go around posting loads of hateful comments because that’s just what you’re used to, I suggest you head up your own topic and see how much natural interest comes from it.
In case you don’t understand the offence taken that is.
If you’ve got an opinion on the person who went around killing animals, maybe you should try writing about that and not go posting around an unspoken written sentiment that I’ve put there and, you wouldn’t possibly know nothing about.
Just because you’ve got as many posts as you have, and friends posted all over the forum, maybe you could all go find some humility of your own, and stop name shaming and heading up the programme your way because next time I WON’T reply.

ooOoOoOAnaOoOoOoo
Veteran
Veteran

31 Jul 2015, 10:12 am

Moonshine wrote:
ooOoOoOAnaOoOoOoo wrote:
Moonshine wrote:
ooOoOoOAnaOoOoOoo wrote:

Hmm, yeah, and I was actually thinking, instead of making things look even more transparent about what you’re up to, I suggest you stop going around calling people POACHERS without actually knowing them.
I know perfectly well which ‘topic’ you are referring to, and I left it as an open ended thread for people to share their thoughts, if you want to go around posting loads of hateful comments because that’s just what you’re used to, I suggest you head up your own topic and see how much natural interest comes from it.
In case you don’t understand the offence taken that is.
If you’ve got an opinion on the person who went around killing animals, maybe you should try writing about that and not go posting around an unspoken written sentiment that I’ve put there and, you wouldn’t possibly know nothing about.
Just because you’ve got as many posts as you have, and friends posted all over the forum, maybe you could all go find some humility of your own, and stop name shaming and heading up the programme your way because next time I WON’T reply.

Suit yourself.

michael517
Veteran
Veteran

04 Aug 2015, 8:47 am

Coming to the State of Illinois too.