Page 1 of 7 [ 107 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 7  Next

Autisticgamer
Raven
Raven

31 Jan 2013, 6:13 pm

Right now I am crazy obsessed with wreck it ralph and ralph himself! And going in the bath with clothes still on! (That one is mostly sensory, and, I have issues taking clothes on and of on my own at college I get help dressing by speech therapist and art therapist (who are lady's) and I like the heavy feel)

Other thing are

My weight blanket
Nintendo
Ear defenders
Hitting my head or biting my self (not a very good obsession is more of a fixation/unable to control)

Shouting over and over "I'm gonna wreck it!!" Then "I can fix it!!" ( I am mostly non verbal and mild selective mutism)
and shouting the word "no, no, no, nooo, no" and "cookie" or "ice cream" over and over - college thinks me doing these are funny!! !

Last edited by Autisticgamer on 31 Jan 2013, 8:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.

windtreeman
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

31 Jan 2013, 7:40 pm

Hm, nothing to that extent right now. Probably bodybuilding and A Song of Ice and Fire. I spend five to six days a week, an hour and a half a day lifting weights and spend a ton of my free time thinking about lifting, my next workout and reading about bodybuilding. Then I also spend copious amounts of time checking and re-checking George RR Martin's webpage for new LiveJournal posts and studying ASoIaF wikis for Westorosi history. Both are probably not too uncommon.

Matt62
Veteran
Veteran

31 Jan 2013, 8:00 pm

Back to dinosaurs. Also, Mars Exploration & UFOs plus astrobiology.
The Inuyasha anime series, too.

Sincerely,
Matthew

IdahoRose
Veteran
Veteran

31 Jan 2013, 8:25 pm

Constant obsessions:

Johnny Depp movies (3 years and counting)
My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic (1 1/4 years and counting)

On again, off again obsessions:

Puella Magi Madoka Magica, Black Rock Shooter, Steins;Gate, Hetalia, Blue Exorcist, Evangelion, and other anime
Doctor Who
Red Dwarf
The Big Bang Theory

Last edited by IdahoRose on 31 Jan 2013, 8:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Autisticgamer
Raven
Raven

31 Jan 2013, 8:26 pm

windtreeman wrote:
Hm, nothing to that extent right now. Probably bodybuilding and A Song of Ice and Fire. I spend five to six days a week, an hour and a half a day lifting weights and spend a ton of my free time thinking about lifting, my next workout and reading about bodybuilding. Then I also spend copious amounts of time checking and re-checking George RR Martin's webpage for new LiveJournal posts and studying ASoIaF wikis for Westorosi history. Both are probably not too uncommon.

Is body building where you lift the heavy things on the bars?

Autisticgamer
Raven
Raven

31 Jan 2013, 8:27 pm

IdahoRose wrote:
Constant obsessions:

Puella Magi Madoka Magica, Black Rock Shooter, Steins;Gate, Hetalia, Blue Exorcist, Evangelion, and other anime
Doctor Who
Red Dwarf
The Big Bang Theory

Out of all those I know dr who. And the Big Bang theory my brother and mum watch that

Yuugiri
Veteran
Veteran

31 Jan 2013, 8:36 pm

Hmm... a bunch of really short-lived fixations on ideas I've come up with for books/video games/comics/etc. Recently, I watched all three seasons of United States of Tara in two days. Also, Persona (I have this tendency to latch onto whatever my sister's into at the moment).

My special interests tend to be really general. U:

IdahoRose
Veteran
Veteran

31 Jan 2013, 8:36 pm

Autisticgamer wrote:
IdahoRose wrote:
Constant obsessions:

Doctor Who
Red Dwarf
The Big Bang Theory

Out of all those I know dr who. And the Big Bang theory my brother and mum watch that

Do you know who Johnny Depp is? He has starred in many movies like Pirates of the Caribbean, Alice in Wonderland, and Edward Scissorhands. :)

Autisticgamer
Raven
Raven

31 Jan 2013, 8:42 pm

IdahoRose wrote:
Autisticgamer wrote:
IdahoRose wrote:
Constant obsessions:

Doctor Who
Red Dwarf
The Big Bang Theory

Do you know who Johnny Depp is? He has starred in many movies like Pirates of the Caribbean, Alice in Wonderland, and Edward Scissorhands. :)

Oh is he the pirate guy
Alice in wonderland yes I know that movie that was crazy
Is he the guy in Charlie and the chocolate factory to

VagabondAstronomer
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

31 Jan 2013, 8:45 pm

I vacillate between a few fixed interests, and am now finding it easier to navigate through them at the same time instead of extended periods on one thing.
But, currently, the big one is maritime history with a focus on the period between the late 14th through the early 19th century with a strong concentration on the period of European exploration and colonization, and in particular an interest in ships of southern Europe.
Obsessed? Heck, I keep a blog about it...

luminaeus
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

31 Jan 2013, 9:10 pm

I've been obsessively researching Asperger's to see if that's what I have...

I used to obsess over sports cars I could possibly afford at some time in life. I watched every car review show and read every article on cars like the Subaru WRX STI, Nissan 370z, Mitsubishi Lancer Evo X MR, etc. After I bought my 2011 VW Golf GTI, I obsessively researched tuning options. Currently I have an APR ECU stage 1 file loaded. It raises limit on the turbo from 7.5 psi to 21 psi, giving the car an extra 80ish pound feet of torque. Very fun to drive now :)

GabrielPaivaBr
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

01 Feb 2013, 12:08 am

Currently, not so many things. But there's always some things that I'm obsessed about:

In music:
I've been listening and reading about bands such as The Vines, The Hives and Interpol. Still have a lot of work to do on these 3. I guess that, music being my major interest, I'm starting to get a bit bored with the tons of other groups that I know.

In television:
I've been watching a lot of Doctor Who. It's the best TV show that I've ever watched, along with House M.D. Now I'm looking forward to watch episodes from the classic series.

In art:
I've been drawing a couple of things, but nothing really special. But there's always a pattern: I just don't get enough in drawing valleys, mountais, rivers and trees. They are simple things, but they make me really calm and happy :D

Books:
I'm currently reading an amazing book called Fall of Giants, part one of Ken Follet's "The Century Trilogy".

And, at least, I've been searching a lot about autism in general and guitars :lol:

rebbieh
Veteran
Veteran

01 Feb 2013, 12:23 am

Science (as always)! Mostly astronomy and biomedicine. Also a bit obsessed with some TV-series.

JWS
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

01 Feb 2013, 12:29 am

I am currently obsessed with old rotary-dial telephones, and even before dialing came out, at all! I own one old candlestick phone that is too old to have a dial on it! :D

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

01 Feb 2013, 12:32 am

The music of The Kinks, The Beatles and the original 60s British Invasion.

windtreeman
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

01 Feb 2013, 12:46 am

@Autisticgamer Yep! That's what bodybuilding is.

Also, forgot to mention O.o but for the last three weeks, it's been table tennis. Since we got a table tennis table, I've watched hours of YouTube tutorials and played as often as humanly possible. This was great for the first two weeks, as everyone else was just as eager to play but now it's worn off for them and here I am, still itching to play every second I'm not lifting weights or researching ASoIaF, haha.