i suddenly just lost a friend for seemingly no reason

Page 1 of 1 [ 8 posts ] 

StevieC
Veteran
Veteran

31 Jan 2013, 6:53 pm

i say no reason, i mean no reason that's obvious to me

and he was more of an acquaintance than a friend, but still it saddens me.
we spoke more online and thru SMS but have also met IRL 2 0r 3 times in a local bar.

but he vanished from facebook and phonecalls/msgs to him went unanswered. i assumed that he was back in another country where he sometimes visits for months at a time. but i found out later thru a friends' facebook, that he is still on facebook, just hidden from my account.

i've been thru all my text messages and fb messages and picture comments and just can't find any reason why he would take offense and block me and ignore me in the street.

however, after he vanished from facebook, i emailed a couple of people who were mutual friends (who incidentally never got back) about if they knew of his whereabouts (before i knew he was hiding himself rather than having vanished) because i was worried that something bad had happened to him, so maybe that appeared a bit "stalkerish" - but i was only asking if he was ok.

i should say there was a possibility for us to be more than just friends, but neither of us did anything about it (reading old texts in my inbox kinda sounded like flirts but maybe they weren't - i didn't think they were at the time tbh)

maybe it was because i kept asking him for hugs? he said he wasn't really a hugging person (he's chinese, not that that has anything to do with it).

people keep saying don't bother about it but i need to know to stop this from happening in the future as it has happened before...

[EDIT: wording cleaned up.]

My RSS feed:
www.steviecandtheplacetobe.net/rss.xml

Last edited by StevieC on 01 Feb 2013, 9:45 am, edited 2 times in total.

psychegots
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

31 Jan 2013, 6:57 pm

You're obsessing way to much over this. I do not care for how a lot of people use facebook as a "who has the most friends"-competition so regularly delete people for no other reason than that we have not spoken to each other in a long time. The only exception being family. I'm down to under 30 on my facebook :lol:

PerfectlyDarkTails
Veteran
Veteran

31 Jan 2013, 7:53 pm

Rather than assuming the why's, it may be for the best to either ask them directly IRL why or just let it go. I had 30 Facebook friends, now only 14. I find that letting it go, weeds out true friends. Some users do deactivate their Facebook which I find is not worth to worry about.

AS 168/200, NT: 20/ 200, AQ=45 EQ=15, SQ=78, IQ=135

StevieC
Veteran
Veteran

31 Jan 2013, 8:41 pm

as i said in the original post, i wasn't deleted, i was blocked.

and i'm not using this as a "who has the most fb friends" - this was someone i cared about and only wanted advice from people who had similar experiences.

My RSS feed:

sudowoodo
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

01 Feb 2013, 2:48 am

I can't offer any advice but this happens to me too. It must be the 'creepy' thing, it's the only thing I can think of. And it's not even creepy! You were just concerned. There's nothing wrong with that. That's actually -nice-.

*Sigh*. NTs, amirite?

StevieC
Veteran
Veteran

01 Feb 2013, 9:32 am

sudowoodo wrote:

*Sigh*. NTs, amirite?

yup :cry:

My RSS feed:

StevieC
Veteran
Veteran

01 Feb 2013, 9:34 am

He knew I had autism tho. but i suppose like most people, he either does not know lots about it, or forgets after i told him.

after i told him (ages ago) he said somethign along the lines of "but you look so normal"..... 8O

My RSS feed:

Uprising
Veteran
Veteran

01 Feb 2013, 10:24 am

He sounds like a sociopath or a narcissist.

Good riddance.

People who block you without specifying a reason or a cause to you don't deserve to have friends.