[UK] Hitmen found guilty of murder... of the wrong person

Page 1 of 1 [ 16 posts ] 

Tequila
Veteran
Veteran

01 Feb 2013, 2:11 pm

Quote:
Aamir Siddiqi: Hitmen Jason Richards and Ben Hope guilty

Two "staggeringly incompetent" hitmen have been found guilty of stabbing to death an innocent student after the killers called at the wrong house.

Aamir Siddiqi, 17, was attacked at his Cardiff home by Jason Richards, 38, and Ben Hope, 39, in April 2010.

The killers, who will be sentenced next Friday, had been told to murder a different man on a neighbouring street.

What a terrible thing to happen to anyone - made doubly worse by the sheer incompetence of his killers (having got the wrong man).

I hope these two pieces of shite receive very long terms in prison.

RIP, Aamir.

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

01 Feb 2013, 6:27 pm

It would almost be funny were it not so tragic.
Has there been any word why this other man was targeted for murder?

-Bill, otherwise known as Kraichgauer

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

01 Feb 2013, 11:32 pm

a better punishment would be to have each other fight to the death, then have the survivor take a big ol' knife and commit ritual hara-kiri.

Dox47
Veteran
Veteran

02 Feb 2013, 12:42 am

But this was England, and I thought murder was illegal in England!

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

02 Feb 2013, 12:45 am

C+

Dox47
Veteran
Veteran

02 Feb 2013, 12:53 am

^

OK, how about this: Hitmen with knives? How quaint.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

02 Feb 2013, 12:59 am

B.

Dox47
Veteran
Veteran

02 Feb 2013, 2:17 am

Man, tough crowd.

On a serious note, I'm really curious about how the intended victim feels, as "lucky the guy who wanted you whacked hired morons who killed the wrong guy" must contain quite a mixture of guilt and elation.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

02 Feb 2013, 2:21 am

i wonder what will happen to those men's employer?

Dox47
Veteran
Veteran

02 Feb 2013, 2:30 am

Well, murder for hire is usually treated the same as murder; tougher if anything as they consider it particularly depraved on the theory that killing for money is worse than killing for emotional reasons. Can't say I exactly agree with that reasoning, murder being murder and all.

Tequila
Veteran
Veteran

03 Feb 2013, 7:14 am

Dox47 wrote:
OK, how about this: Hitmen with knives? How quaint.

Guns are easily available in England to criminals that have connections. Everyone else uses knives.

Dox47
Veteran
Veteran

03 Feb 2013, 5:30 pm

Tequila wrote:
Guns are easily available in England to criminals that have connections. Everyone else uses knives.

So these were pretty low rent hitmen then... I suppose that helps explain the whole whacking the wrong guy thing.

Ever notice how the Hollywood portrayal of the hitman differs from reality? I mean in the movies the contract killer is this suave professional with an arsenal of exotic weapons and a closet full of tailored suits, where whenever you see someone actually get busted for murder for hire, it's Bud from the muffler shop who whacked his co-worker's ex-wife for a measly couple grand. What a letdown.

naturalplastic
Veteran
Veteran

03 Feb 2013, 7:26 pm

Tequila wrote:
Quote:
Aamir Siddiqi: Hitmen Jason Richards and Ben Hope guilty

Two "staggeringly incompetent" hitmen have been found guilty of stabbing to death an innocent student after the killers called at the wrong house.

Aamir Siddiqi, 17, was attacked at his Cardiff home by Jason Richards, 38, and Ben Hope, 39, in April 2010.

The killers, who will be sentenced next Friday, had been told to murder a different man on a neighbouring street.

What a terrible thing to happen to anyone - made doubly worse by the sheer incompetence of his killers (having got the wrong man).

I hope these two pieces of shite receive very long terms in prison.

RIP, Aamir.

Its so HARD to get good help these days!
With the economic slump you'd think you could hire someone to do your windows- or to bump off the right person. But no.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

03 Feb 2013, 8:15 pm

the murderers should have been forced to finger their employer, and then said employer should have the book thrown at them, with a more severe sentence.

Dox47
Veteran
Veteran

03 Feb 2013, 9:19 pm

auntblabby wrote:
the murderers should have been forced to finger their employer, and then said employer should have the book thrown at them, with a more severe sentence.

Forced how, exactly? They could be offered leniency in exchange for testifying against their employer, but unless you're advocating something extralegal, I'm not sure how they could be "forced" to do so.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

03 Feb 2013, 11:05 pm

yes, life sans parole versus less. that is what i meant, i shoulda used the term "persuaded." :hmph: