Page 1 of 2 [ 28 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

CaptainTrips222
Veteran
Veteran

02 Feb 2013, 4:09 pm

Occassionally, I see some of the strangest people and behavior on public transit. For instance...

When I was fifteen I saw a lady carrying a chicken, and both were wearing matching sweaters.

I saw this huge guy covered in tattoos wearing a burger king crown, and looking around him all terrified.

Some dude looked up at a passing semi with the Guinness logo alongside it, and I heard him mutter, "The orangemen..."

Recently some guy was talking to himself about how God forbade him from talking to transexuals... and people from Houston.

I can't think of any others right now, but do you have stories?

HauntedKnight
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

02 Feb 2013, 4:16 pm

One scary experience when I was travelling home from my first job. A man sat next to me, I wasn't paying much attention but then looked down and saw his hand covered in blood. In his other hand he had a Stanley knife and was basically slicing his hand up. I froze for a second then said "excuse me" and squeezed past him.

lostgirl1986
Veteran
Veteran

02 Feb 2013, 5:04 pm

-I've had drunk guys sit beside me and try to make conversation
-my friend has thrown up on the bus numerous times
-there's a guy around here who always comes on the bus wearing pink pajamas
-there's a guy around here who always comes on the bus wearing pink rabbit ears
-when I lived in Calgary and was on the bus going to work one morning, some guy dressed in black and wearing shades was standing right in front of me and whenever the bus turned he put his face right in front of my face and smiled creepily and he got mad whenever a child was around him and he kept saying he hated children, he was really creeping me out
-once when I was going home from school a police officer stopped my bus, came on the bus and started searching for somebody, he pulled this teen girl off the bus and when I looked out the window she tried to run away, he pushed her down on the ground, handcuffed her and pulled a knife out from under her skirt
-once when I was on the bus after letting a lady out the bus started driving but the lady decided to cross the road just as the bus started moving and the bus hit her, we were on that bus for a long time as witnesses and the bus driver was crying, the lady ended up dying in the hospital

lostgirl1986
Veteran
Veteran

02 Feb 2013, 5:05 pm

HauntedKnight wrote:
One scary experience when I was travelling home from my first job. A man sat next to me, I wasn't paying much attention but then looked down and saw his hand covered in blood. In his other hand he had a Stanley knife and was basically slicing his hand up. I froze for a second then said "excuse me" and squeezed past him.

That's pretty freaky.

ASDsmom
Veteran
Veteran

02 Feb 2013, 8:33 pm

What I find strange, although a seemingly new trend, is when people are on the bus "talking to themselves" .. but they're not really. They are hooked up to their cell phone and listening through their ear buds.

Rascal77s
Veteran
Veteran

02 Feb 2013, 8:41 pm

CaptainTrips222 wrote:
I saw this huge guy covered in tattoos wearing a burger king crown, and looking around him all terrified.

That was me!

Pondering
Veteran
Veteran

02 Feb 2013, 9:22 pm

An old mildy mentally challenged deaf biker guy hit on my then girlfriend, who stared at her for the whole ride making strange faces and inappropriate sex hand signals, that every so often would look at me giving me the thumbs up. Awkward. Neither of us were really offended, I felt a bit bad for him, and she even laughed at him out of it being so awkward. We were only about 17 I think... We had no other way to get to their place. Not scary by any means, just weird, what a weird 45 minute face off we had.

tweety_fan
Veteran
Veteran

02 Feb 2013, 9:57 pm

there is a guy that I see on the bus every so often. He has spoken to me about how much he hates his parents (he is 45 and lives with his parents). He basically just spends his days travelling on public transport and ranting to random people. Mum saw him on a roundabout hurling abuse at random cars.

Krabo
Veteran
Veteran

02 Feb 2013, 11:10 pm

Occassionally people want to make children on the bus.

blue_bean
Veteran
Veteran

02 Feb 2013, 11:27 pm

A man and a woman having a domestic dispute. I think the guy ended up getting kicked off at the next break stop (this was on a greyhound).

LaPelirroja
Raven
Raven

02 Feb 2013, 11:36 pm

Yes, yes, yes, the bus is THE place for the slightly (and sometimes not-so-slightly) unhinged. Why else would I be riding it?

CaptainTrips222
Veteran
Veteran

02 Feb 2013, 11:47 pm

tweety_fan wrote:
there is a guy that I see on the bus every so often. He has spoken to me about how much he hates his parents (he is 45 and lives with his parents). He basically just spends his days travelling on public transport and ranting to random people. Mum saw him on a roundabout hurling abuse at random cars.

:lol:

2wheels4ever
Veteran
Veteran

03 Feb 2013, 12:24 am

On 1 Greyhound trip there were 3 people who looked like the "Manson Family"; they got dropped off in a small Texas town about 3 AM, 5 or 6 sheriffs were waiting for them. Some homeless woman spent most of the ride laying in the aisle so people had to step over her to get to the lavatory. On the last leg from Phoenix to L.A. a Satanist decided to sit right next to me and draw pictures of the moths from "The Silence Of The Lambs", oh and there was a rather gnarly police chase that passed by which we saw 15 minutes later with the fleeing car upside down and the cops shining their flashlights into the desert night

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

03 Feb 2013, 12:44 am

A crazy fat woman in a skin-tight leopard-print leotard once sat down next to me and complained because I didn't have any food to share with her. She reeked of unwashed crotch.

A religious nutter followed me onto a bus quoting Bible verses, and then demanded a fare exemption because he was a "prophet".

Another religious nutter kept shouting random verses from his Bible until I started shouting random Latin phrases while holding a copy of the AD&D 1st Edtion Dungeon Master's Guide (pictured below). He jumped off the bus at the next stop.

Good times ... good times ...

No love for Hamas, Hezbollah, Iranian Leadership, Islamic Jihad, other Islamic terrorist groups, OR their supporters and sympathizers.

Rascal77s
Veteran
Veteran

03 Feb 2013, 2:37 am

I hate buses so I haven't been on one in about 15 years. I saw a guy stab another guy on a public bus, that was kinda weird.

Dillogic
Veteran
Veteran

03 Feb 2013, 2:47 am

They bully the fudge out of me. Well, that's the last time I went on bus rides [to and from school] (16 years ago).

But, that's probably not weird.