Page 1 of 1 [ 2 posts ] 

Fern
Veteran
Veteran

03 Feb 2013, 1:49 am

Having just moved to a new place, I feel like I should do my best to act normal and make some friends. I don't want to unleash all of my oddities in one fell swoop and frighten them off... but it gets hard to keep it up. I just want to tell the truth, though I don't think it'll be received well if I do it just yet. I can't wait until I can tell everyone:

I don't like loud music. If I am at a concert with you, it is because I like you and you like loud music.
I don't like parties where people scream and jump around. I feel like I am in the middle of a war. I feel like punching people.
I don't enjoy dancing... I never have. I just do it and smile because I don't want people to think there's something wrong with me.
Don't be offended if I don't call you. I don't call anyone. I wait for others to call me because I worry about being bothersome.
I don't say mean things because I intend to, just because some days I am not so good at expressing myself and words come out backwards.
It may take me a little bit longer to learn things than other people, but it takes me much longer to forget them.
I may not be tactful, but when someone I know looks into my eyes and doesn't smile, it still hurts my feelings.

What confessions would you make if you could?

Ashuahhe
Veteran
Veteran

03 Feb 2013, 6:03 am

I find clubs loud and a waste of money. Don't bring me there.
Sometimes if I'm having a bad day I just don't want to talk to anyone, don't be offended.
On a good day, sometimes I'm just content to not say much. I'm not intentionally ignoring you.
If you are someone I don't know very well, I feel like I have to be very chatty in order not to feel awkward.
I wish you were weird too so you could relate to me.