It seems to me Aspie women have an easier time then men in

Page 1 of 5 [ 65 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

jonathandoors
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

User avatar

Joined: 5 Oct 2006
Gender: Male
Posts: 199

04 Jan 2007, 2:04 pm

It seems to me Aspie women have an easier time then Aspie men in finding love and getting laid.



CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 17 Jul 2004
Age: 46
Gender: Male
Posts: 102,258
Location: In a quiet and peaceful garden where Mick Avory-like Sweet Peas grow

04 Jan 2007, 2:09 pm

I think that it depends on the individual.



jonathandoors
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

User avatar

Joined: 5 Oct 2006
Gender: Male
Posts: 199

04 Jan 2007, 2:10 pm

CockneyRebel wrote:
I think that it depends on the individual.


well everything depends on the individual. overall though I think that Aspie women need to sit back and get asked out.



snake321
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 25 Mar 2006
Age: 41
Gender: Male
Posts: 3,135

04 Jan 2007, 2:15 pm

Generally your right, because the man has to do all the courting. Women are treated in society like sex objects, as degrading as this might be it seems to put them on a pedistal too. Men are to a far smaller degree made into sex objects, but it's alot more rare.... A man has to obtain a woman, a woman only needs to find a man.



en_una_isla
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 31 Oct 2005
Gender: Female
Posts: 2,876

04 Jan 2007, 2:18 pm

If I were a guy, there is no way in hell I'd be married, unless I kidnapped a woman and held her hostage.


_________________
!x75


jonathandoors
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

User avatar

Joined: 5 Oct 2006
Gender: Male
Posts: 199

04 Jan 2007, 2:31 pm

en_una_isla wrote:
If I were a guy, there is no way in hell I'd be married, unless I kidnapped a woman and held her hostage.


Why do you say that? As a woman, you can uh marry another woman LOL



jonathandoors
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

User avatar

Joined: 5 Oct 2006
Gender: Male
Posts: 199

04 Jan 2007, 2:34 pm

snake321 wrote:
Generally your right, because the man has to do all the courting. Women are treated in society like sex objects, as degrading as this might be it seems to put them on a pedistal too. Men are to a far smaller degree made into sex objects, but it's alot more rare.... A man has to obtain a woman, a woman only needs to find a man.



exactly



en_una_isla
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 31 Oct 2005
Gender: Female
Posts: 2,876

04 Jan 2007, 2:34 pm

jonathandoors wrote:
en_una_isla wrote:
If I were a guy, there is no way in hell I'd be married, unless I kidnapped a woman and held her hostage.


Why do you say that? As a woman, you can uh marry another woman LOL


Because if I had the same mind in a male body, I would be considered disturbed rather than eccentric.


_________________
!x75


jonathandoors
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

User avatar

Joined: 5 Oct 2006
Gender: Male
Posts: 199

04 Jan 2007, 3:09 pm

en_una_isla wrote:
jonathandoors wrote:
en_una_isla wrote:
If I were a guy, there is no way in hell I'd be married, unless I kidnapped a woman and held her hostage.


Why do you say that? As a woman, you can uh marry another woman LOL


Because if I had the same mind in a male body, I would be considered disturbed rather than eccentric.


I guess you're really lucky to be a woman then!



Fiz
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 29 Jan 2006
Age: 38
Gender: Female
Posts: 1,821
Location: Manchester, United Kingdom

04 Jan 2007, 3:38 pm

It is true that males, Aspie or not, find it more difficult to get dates than women. I think it is largely due to what men look for in comparison to women though, and how each sex selects their partner. If we all selected in the same way, I reckon each sex would have similar chances of finding a date.


_________________
The only person in the world that can truly make you happy is yourself.


shadexiii
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 15 Dec 2006
Age: 36
Gender: Male
Posts: 3,545

04 Jan 2007, 4:01 pm

Men are (traditionally) the ones expected to do most of the foot-work in regards to initiating a relationship. That alone isn't an issue only experienced by AS males, as has already been said. As such, it is often up to the woman to either accept or reject the man. This gives the impression that the woman, or rather women on the whole, have more power.

This assumption seems reasonable.... at first. It works well with a further assumption (which is implicit) that all women will have such a decision-making opportunity occur. There is no guarantee to this. Discussions of people going for mates that aren't out of their league can arise, again suggesting everyone has a fair shot.

The lower on the totem pole of social "acceptance" you go, the harder it will be for a guy to be comfortable with approaching a female in the first place. Society is great about making the popular people feel like they can do anything if they put their minds to it, and the unpopular ones (popularity being used in a somewhat broader sense than normal) that they can't necessarily do anything they want. Right off the bat this will take away some guys from this "active" pool of males. This, in turn, will force an increase in women that don't get approached. (Simple math, has to "balance.")

Furthermore ( :!: Sweeping Generalization Alert :!: ) many guys start their "hunting," "searching," whatever you want to call it, by judging physical appearance. If a woman is considered (by society, isn't society grand?) less attractive, she will be considered less "dateable" by a good number of the male populace. Again, the whole league thing comes up, but I'm not entirely swayed by that argument.

The end result is that, if you look at things as a whole, rather than in individual pieces, both parties make choices about who is and isn't "worthy." The "work" a guy may have to do differs from that of a girl, but that isn't to say that the difficulty is unequal.

Some might say that this traditional approach to dating no longer necessarily applies, but if you consider other approaches, such as a reversed-role approach, you can simply flip the genders in the above and it still applies. You can tell me that women are "more likely" to initially judge a guy based upon more than looks, if you like, and I can start listing incidents where I have seen the exact opposite. More than that, you can't initially judge someone's personality. The first input you have is how they appear.

(This is not including indirect meeting, such as t3h interweb, that puts an entirely different spin on things, and I haven't really addressed that here.)



Veronica
Raven
Raven

User avatar

Joined: 18 Dec 2006
Gender: Female
Posts: 111

04 Jan 2007, 4:44 pm

I think you guys are all overlooking the biggest statistic of them all:


There are significantly more Aspie men than there are Aspie women.

With stats like that, logically its almost a sin if an Aspie women can't find someone who can A) relate to their problems and B) understand their mind/find them awesome



hale_bopp
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 2 Nov 2004
Gender: Female
Posts: 17,054
Location: None

04 Jan 2007, 5:51 pm

is seems jonathandoors is an idiot.

Quit the assumptions, man.

Men seem to have ridiculously high standards, also "love" is very hard to find no matter who you are.



TheBladeRoden
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 10 Feb 2005
Age: 36
Gender: Male
Posts: 1,208
Location: Wisconsin

04 Jan 2007, 6:00 pm

Hark! My search for the elusive ad hominem has been met with great success!


_________________
"I reject your reality, and substitute my own" -Adam Savage


MrMark
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 3 Jul 2006
Age: 62
Gender: Male
Posts: 8,918
Location: Tallahassee, FL

04 Jan 2007, 6:13 pm

hale_bopp wrote:
is seems jonathandoors is an idiot.

Quit the assumptions, man.

Men seem to have ridiculously high standards, also "love" is very hard to find no matter who you are.

Hey! No name-calling! His ideas may be idotic, but he is not!


_________________
"The cordial quality of pear or plum
Rises as gladly in the single tree
As in the whole orchards resonant with bees."
- Emerson


CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 17 Jul 2004
Age: 46
Gender: Male
Posts: 102,258
Location: In a quiet and peaceful garden where Mick Avory-like Sweet Peas grow

04 Jan 2007, 7:26 pm

We don't call names, here at WrongPlanet.