League_Girl
Veteran
Veteran

04 Feb 2013, 1:47 pm

That clingy friend I have told about here:

http://www.wrongplanet.net/postt218520.html

and:

http://www.wrongplanet.net/postt205234.html

He has decided to not be my friend anymore and I feel relieved. No more him insulting me and calling me arrogant or getting upset with me for not being able to carry on a conversation. he also accused me of being dishonest. I am not sure what I did wrong but he thinks I was dishonest. But I feel he was the one who was too because he would tell me I was fine and then he get upset with me or tell me I am okay and then get upset with me. So I told him this and he said NO. I didn't even want to bother showing him our conversation history because it wasn't worth the fight. I also removed him from my facebook because he said he was going to remove me as a friend and he never did, not even om facebook so I did it for him last night. Then he IMs me this morning and he wasn't pretty hostile, so was I because I told him off. Then he says something horrible, "Now I know why you have people on your doorstep after your child" and I didn't even bother telling him no one is after me. I think he may have said that to try and upset me and he has left provocative messages on my facebook in the past and I would always ask him about it only to fine out he didn't mean it that way. I did finally tell him about my autism but it still didn't change anything so it didn't matter that I never told him before. I honestly think he was the one with the problem, not me but you never know. I also told this guy I am glad we are not friends anymore because he was too clingy and I was too polite to block him because I hardly ever block anyone. This time I did block him so he would stop sending me messages since it looked like he wanted a drama and to fight me. I also went to Facebook and typed in his name to block him there too. he doesn't want to talk to me anymore or not be my friend so i did him the favor by blocking me so he wouldn't have to bother with me ever again since he wouldn't do it himself. Just the crap I put up with from him, being called arrogant and all for my social issues and not being able to give him emotional support when I tried, I did explain to him I am not any good at it, same as telling him I don't know what to say or that I have no comment. But that wasn't enough to get him to understand so I finally said I have autism, does that explain any of my social issues we have been having and I said this right after he said he was taking me off his list and he wants honest friends.

I am happy he is gone and I don't have to worry about ever having to block him for being clingy. Instead I did it when he said he was going to remove me and didn't want to be friends anymore and then he was IMing me so I did him the favor for him. In the past he would say he was leaving and then always came back because he wasn't mad anymore and would change his mind and I decided this time, okay make up your mind already, you said you are removing me from your list. Oh I will do it for you. Oh I will block you now just to help you out. Bye bye. Problem solved. I feel he was playing games with me now but I always figured English not being his primary language is causing a barrier between us in communicating because he say something, I misunderstand, we talk and it would seem like he was lying but I figured it had to do with his second language so he didn't talk right due to English not being his primary language so it may seem like he is saying something and then denying it.

So this time I am happy I lost a friend instead of being upset about it.

Daughter: NT, no diagnoses.

Greatsharkbite
Veteran
Veteran

04 Feb 2013, 3:39 pm

Yeah, doesn't sound like he was a considerate friend, probably for the best.