Dance of Death 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
A Matter of Life and Death 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
The Final Frontier 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Total votes : 14

PathoftheImmortals
Toucan
Toucan

05 Feb 2013, 4:44 am

So what’s everyone’s favourite Maiden album?? I think they have just as many “classic” releases as any other metal band out there and they have definitely been a whole lot more consistent over the course of their career than say, Metallica.
My vote would go to 1988’s mind blowingly epic “Seventh Son of a Seventh Son” as there’s not a weak or even mediocre track on there IMO. I really love the punky vibe on the first two albums with Paul Dianno as well. Hell, I think every release they put out in the eighties was amazing with the exception of the oft overrated “Powerslave” (which was still not a bad album by any stretch of the imagination).
Anyways being such a legendary metal band I thought this might make for a fun poll.

UP THE IRONS!

Ganondox
Veteran
Veteran

05 Feb 2013, 7:31 am

I like a Brave New World the best, Seventh Son is also really good.

Through other people's eyes

Autism FAQs http://www.wrongplanet.net/postt186115.html

Aspiewordsmith
Veteran
Veteran

05 Feb 2013, 8:26 am

I chose Seventh Son. Some real good tunes on it and I had it on vinyl back in 1991. I played it regularly and even had the T shirt.

LexingtonDeville
Veteran
Veteran

05 Feb 2013, 8:37 am

Number of the Beast, purely because it was the album that changed my taste in music from naff dance music to heavy metal. The moment you hear Barry Clayton utter that immortal line "Woe to you, oh earth and sea...." followed by the opening riff and Bruce Dickinson's vocals, you know your in for one hell of a ride.

"I've seen things you people wouldn't believe: Attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion; I've watched c-beams glitter in the dark near the Tannhauser Gate. All those moments will be lost in time; like tears in rain. Time to die." Roy Batty

Last edited by LexingtonDeville on 06 Feb 2013, 2:58 am, edited 1 time in total.

mercifullyfree
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

05 Feb 2013, 9:50 am

7th son. It was THE maiden album that hooked me in, so soft spot for it.

redrobin62
Veteran
Veteran

05 Feb 2013, 12:57 pm

I was a student in Iowa in the early 80's. I was mainly into punk and hanged out with a punk crowd. We were into Husker Du, The Clash, Joy Division, The Pretenders, etc. One day I went to the record store and "Killers" was on display. I asked the clerk, who also was a punk like me, who Iron Maiden was. She said, "Oh, they're a heavy metal band." I got to thinking, "Hmm, heavy metal. I thought that kinda died out with Black Sabbath, Led Zeppelin and Blue Oyster Cult." The album cover intrigued me though so I bought it. (Yeah, the clerk gave me discounts!) When I played it in my dorm room I was absolutely stunned. How could musicians play so powerfully and accurately? It sounded like well produced, highly organized, classically trained punk! Was this going on in England all this time and no one told me? Needless to say I also got my hands on Saxon, Motorhead, Tygers of Pan Tang, Judas Priest, Girl School, Vixen and a host of other NWOBM bands. Some were average but none topped Maiden. Saxon came close but they lacked the hits. Motorhead was just raw. To this day my favourite Maiden albums are the first two.

lostexplorer
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

05 Feb 2013, 1:57 pm

That is a tough question- they have a lot of awesome stuff out, but my favourite album has to be Number of the Beast. First maiden album I ever heard and a good one.

Rorberyllium
Veteran
Veteran

05 Feb 2013, 10:53 pm

Powerslave is the only one I enjoy everything from beginning to end. Seventh Son is a close second though, The Clairvoyant is probably my favorite Maiden song overall.