FINALLY HAVE A JOB AGAIN!! !! !! !!

Page 1 of 1 [ 7 posts ] 

WantToHaveALife
Veteran
Veteran

06 Feb 2013, 1:09 pm

I haven't been on this site in over a month, but if you remember me, you probably mostly remember me trolling and ranting in the dating and relationship section, revealing my sexual frustration and my anger about the tradition, social-norm, status-quo that us guys have to do the approaching, asking out, pursuing, initiating when it comes to dating and relationships, etc., well anyway, the one area of improvement i have change lately in my life is that i'm no longer unemployed, prior to getting hired, i was unemployed since December 17th 2011, so it was like a year and 1 month for me being unemployed, my first official day on the job was January 14th of this year, I got hired at the Grocery Store Smart and Final after doing an unpaid internship there for almost 4 months, the way i found out about this internship there was through a local outreach program in the area where i live, that helps with people disabilites, well particularly those on the Autistic/Asperger Syndrome level, i was so hardcore desperate for a job that even if it is a minimum-wage paying job i will gladly take it, eventhough i just turned 25 about 3 weeks ago, it's not my first job ever, but i don't have much job, work experience for someone my age but this job will be a permanent job, as in it will last more than a year instead of a seasonal temporary job that employers easily offer to people during the Christmas Rush and Holiday times of year, but i'm glad i won't have to be relying on my parents most of the time for spending money on my hobbies and social life, spending money on consumer products i want to buy. :D

Mindsigh
Veteran
Veteran

06 Feb 2013, 1:13 pm

Excellent! :D I hope it keeps getting better.

answeraspergers
Veteran
Veteran

06 Feb 2013, 1:16 pm

happy for you. keep it up!

WantToHaveALife
Veteran
Veteran

06 Feb 2013, 2:38 pm

yeah i intend to keep this job for a while, but the one thing that kinda worries me, is that since i'm 25, i'm wondering if that will put off most girls, make them not want to date me since i still live with my parents, am working a minimum-wage job, but i at least have a car

WantToHaveALife
Veteran
Veteran

06 Feb 2013, 3:14 pm

because unfortuneately, a mans occupation matters more than a womans occupation

Mindsigh
Veteran
Veteran

06 Feb 2013, 5:15 pm

I always had to drive on dates in my 20s. You've got a leg (or 4 wheels) up already. If you can pay for your own car and gas, you're ahead of the game.

WantToHaveALife
Veteran
Veteran

22 Feb 2013, 12:00 pm

yeah i at least have a job, eventhough it pays minimum-wage, i just got my third paycheck today since i got hired there last month, my last paycheck was $256 dollars, the one I got today was $359 dollars, i get paid on Friday every 2 weeks