Special interests/Stuff you like to rant about?

Page 2 of 2 [ 23 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

2wheels4ever
Veteran
Veteran

07 Feb 2013, 12:17 am

Definitely not one of my special interests but I have to agree with those who rant on small yappy dogs, and add their enabling humans who treat the small yappy dogs like honor roll kids

LimitedSlip
Raven
Raven

07 Feb 2013, 1:07 am

Cars....like I just found out my girlfriend's co-worker is considering buying a new car because her alternator belt broke. Like seriously how stupid do people (who make $9- an hour) have to be to pay thousands of dollars to replace an inanimate object that exists in their mind only as a boring form of getting from point A to point B in reasonable time with minimal effort because a small $15 item that is guaranteed to wear out on ANY car regardless of make, model or year gave out? I mean for all they know their replacement car could have 100x more problems but they'd rather talk to a dealer than go down to autozone and learn something and save MONTHS worth of their wages.

I could understand if they hated the car, it was on it's last legs and the new car was as much of an upgrade as it was an expense but this? No...pure stupidity.

icyfire4w5
Veteran
Veteran

07 Feb 2013, 12:48 pm

I usually only have one special interest at a time. Most of my special interests are related to History. Nowadays, once I begin ranting about the Chu-Han Contention (a war in ancient China), I don't know when to stop.

CyborgUprising
Veteran
Veteran

07 Feb 2013, 7:53 pm

GnothiSeauton wrote:
CyborgUprising wrote:
Bunkers (as if everyone here doesn't already know this). The Swiss have this down to a science...

I think the Albanians supersede the Swiss in this area. Sorry/glad if I just provided another obsession point.

I thought you'd mention the DDR - On average, their bunkers had 10-20+ airlocks and motion-attenuation structures that were far more advanced than what the American superpower had (even today, Cold War-Era East German architecture is vastly superior to that of the U.S.). Even the small peepholes used for those within to observe those entering were placed in asymmetrically-constructed recesses to reduce exposure to radiation. The Swiss (and the former DDR) have some of the strictest standards for their bunkers. The Albanians' bunkers, though numerous (thanks to Hoxha), were not as technologically advanced (often being nothing more than slightly glorified "Hobbit Holes" and had little military purpose.
:roll: ....there I go again... I'll spare the poor users here - for now. I have to truncate my response to prevent a catastrophic thread derailment.

Sanctus
Veteran
Veteran

07 Feb 2013, 8:31 pm

Sometimes I start to rant about morals, people who don't have them (in my opinion) and that inconsiderate people suck. Most people don't see this as seriously as I do, so they usually try to tell me indirectly that I'm exaggerating and should just calm down.

HereBeDragons
Veteran
Veteran

07 Feb 2013, 9:04 pm

I'll keep it simple, or this will be a page long. Dragons and Doctor Who. :D

IdahoRose
Veteran
Veteran

08 Feb 2013, 6:49 am

IdahoRose wrote:
I like to rant about how I'm not passionate about my special interests anymore (if they even count as special interests anymore), how I wish I could have new special interests, how hard it is to find new special interests, and how I wish I could still be a child.

Forgot to add this bit in earlier: my mom refers to my frustration over a lack of a special interest as "being obsessed with being obsessed".