Small Introduction from a Chess loving Aspie

Page 1 of 1 [ 5 posts ] 

NajdorfMB
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

07 Feb 2013, 1:55 pm

Hello, my name's James, I'm 23, from the UK and I'm hopefully graduating this year (had to take some gap years in-between my degree due to depression, that was later diagnosed as Asperger's). I'm hoping to go into Accountancy, specifically Tax (on advice of my father who's an accountant, but NT and understands me). My special interest is in Chess, I'm a very big chess enthusiast and enjoy playing, studying and teaching (I help teach chess at 3 different primary schools a week and find it interesting and enjoyable most of the time) it. I'm currently the 1st team captain of the Nottingham Uni Chess Society and I was the 2nd team captain and PR Officer the previous year. Chess has made my life much better than it was before, and I'm very glad I listened to some advice to join the Chess Society 2 years ago, even though I didn't want to at first. I've been able to make 5 very good friends through the Chess Society (who I hope to keep in contact with after Uni) over these last 2 years, and another 8 acquaintances, it's also nice to be able to ramble on about about various chess openings and be perceived as knowledgeable, instead of weird. I have already begun shortlisting potential Chess clubs to join near my home town after I graduate (again, hopefully), as I really want to keep playing Chess and meeting others who enjoy the game as much as I do. Apart from Chess I support Manchester United and Yeovil Town football clubs and I'm really into my films. My favourite all-time tv show is Star Trek the Next Generation, I like to say that my parents gave me good groundings in ethics and morality, and Captain Jean-Luc Picard filled in the rest. In terms of shows still ongoing I really love Game of Thrones, and I can't wait till season 3, starting 31st March 2013.

Thanks for reading, and good day.
James

noxnocturne
Veteran
Veteran

07 Feb 2013, 7:59 pm

Welcome! :D

AnonymousAnonymous
Veteran
Veteran

07 Feb 2013, 8:59 pm

Welcome to Wrong Planet!

HauntedKnight
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

08 Feb 2013, 4:14 am

Hi James, chess helped me a lot too, I've taken a break from it for a couple of years but hoping to get back into it soon. Are you going to the Nottingham Congress? I can really relate to the Picard morals stuff too, such a great character!

TenPencePiece
Veteran
Veteran

08 Feb 2013, 6:49 am

Welcome James :)