Page 1 of 4 [ 60 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

sharkattack
Veteran
Veteran

07 Feb 2013, 7:53 pm

I never take anything that does not belong to me and I never have.

I have worked in warehouse for nearly 20years now and everybody and I mean everybody stuffs things in their pockets and eats the stock.

I have NEVER done this.

Is this common about Aspies and people on the spectrum?

Edit I find it hard to lie unless it is covering up my symptoms.

Last edited by sharkattack on 07 Feb 2013, 8:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.

redrobin62
Veteran
Veteran

07 Feb 2013, 7:56 pm

<--- Guilty. When he was a teenager he stole pens, pencils, notebooks and dictionaries from stores and even a library.

<--- Now living a life of misery because of it.

singularity
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

07 Feb 2013, 8:35 pm

I've worked retail in the past, as a clerk in a drug store. I was a chocolate thief. :oops:

Venger
Veteran
Veteran

07 Feb 2013, 8:53 pm

Stealing from individual people is wrong, but stealing from super rich large store chains like Wal-mart is okay if you can get away with it. I never do it personally though out of fear of being caught.

LizNY
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

07 Feb 2013, 8:57 pm

i was instilled with a really strong sense of right and wrong. it took me years to convincingly tell a white lie...such as....oh my gawd! your hair looks so good like that.....

so no. i have never stolen and could never.

Rascal77s
Veteran
Veteran

07 Feb 2013, 9:17 pm

sharkattack wrote:
I have NEVER done this.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fqa5AtA50K4[/youtube]

VIDEODROME
Veteran
Veteran

07 Feb 2013, 9:21 pm

I had a fairly new XBox break so I bought a new one from Walmart. Then I used to the receipt from the new one to take my old Box in as a return and look legit. It worked smoothly and I got my refund.

I still had to ponder this, but i felt I should have had a better support option from Microsoft instead of getting a box that breaks after a few months. I suppose I could have dickered with Microsoft but I went this route which seemed easier and had a high chance of success.

Rascal77s
Veteran
Veteran

07 Feb 2013, 9:30 pm

VIDEODROME wrote:
I had a fairly new XBox break so I bought a new one from Walmart. Then I used to the receipt from the new one to take my old Box in as a return and look legit. It worked smoothly and I got my refund.

I still had to ponder this, but i felt I should have had a better support option from Microsoft instead of getting a box that breaks after a few months. I suppose I could have dickered with Microsoft but I went this route which seemed easier and had a high chance of success.

Seems legit to me. Well done.

Sanctus
Veteran
Veteran

07 Feb 2013, 9:45 pm

I will make a massive confession here: I used to steal from people when I was younger, even from my friends.

I don't exactly know why. It kind of gave me a kick if it stayed undetected. Also it was like a trophy. For example, I took a glass decoration dog from my best friend once, because I just wanted to own something that belonged to her.

I knew that it was technically wrong, but... yeah.. I didn't really care. Which is absolutely unlike me, because usually I love justice and being considerate. At one point I though I might be a sociopath. But there are too many points that suggest I'm not.

Long story short, I don't do it anymore. The urge is still there sometimes, though. :?

ZombieBrideXD
Veteran
Veteran

07 Feb 2013, 10:34 pm

i steal small things like toys, candy and stuff, its because it looks like the store has SOO much and i want some, but i cant pay, so i take it, i dont feel guilty anymore because i hate people

windtreeman
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

07 Feb 2013, 10:37 pm

Yes and no. Most of my life, I've stuck to every rule, no matter how trivial. When the teachers in elementary school said no littering, I'd pick up anything my classmates tossed on the ground during recess. When I was eight, an employee had opened the front of a scratch ticket machine and was standing a few feet away; curious, I approached it to look at the mechanisms and she jokingly replied 'don't think about taking one, that'd be stealing!' I was so furious that someone would even begin to assume I'd do something so 'heinous' that I nearly had a meltdown. Fast forward to 2009, when I was first put on ant-anxiety meds and an SSRI and I completely flopped to the other end of the spectrum, for some reason. I still respected people and their belongings, but not big corporations. Half a year of that, I dropped off the meds and voila, here I am, the guy who goes exactly the speed limit and would never dream of breaking a rule or law.

2wheels4ever
Veteran
Veteran

08 Feb 2013, 12:36 am

In the past I would make lousy attempts at it, usually to avenge something of mine someone took. The thing that tripped me up was explaining the item's presence. These days, I've had a situation where essentially I have access to a warehouse filled with junk and the landlord hasn't been forthcoming with compensating my time and efforts. This is still a trade-off though; I've 're-appropriated' a few items that would be rusting away had I not put them to good use, while at the same time I've added several of my unwanted things to the shop space. Amidst that, it does bother me that some cases in life have to be a matter of 'starve, or steal'

Stargazer43
Veteran
Veteran

08 Feb 2013, 1:26 am

Most people don't steal things, and it's good that you don't either.

League_Girl
Veteran
Veteran

08 Feb 2013, 2:25 am

I've stolen in my childhood but not often. it was small things, never anything big. I used to take toys home from school when I was 7 but Mom would always make me bring them back. There are things I did I am still embarrassed about.

Daughter: NT, no diagnoses.

1000Knives
Veteran
Veteran

08 Feb 2013, 2:31 am

redrobin62 wrote:
<--- Guilty. When he was a teenager he stole pens, pencils, notebooks and dictionaries from stores and even a library.

<--- Now living a life of misery because of it.

<--- That feel...

LupaLuna
Veteran
Veteran

08 Feb 2013, 3:16 am

I used to steal all the time in my teenage years. but not for the same reason everybody else does it. I was a nerd who was obsessed and addicted to how electronics work. I lived out in the sticks and getting electronic equipment to play with let alone tear apart was hard to come by and was very expensive. So i would steal any kind of electronic equipment that I could get my hands on. I wasn't into consumer electronics like tv and stereos but rather professional and commercial stuff. One of the nice thing about stealing for me was, One, I could get access to stuff that was not sold to the general public and. Two. It gave the full freedom to tear something apart without having to worry about the consequences of how much it cost. To put it simply. If I stole it, I destroyed it.